Big in Japan, part 3

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
G3n0c1de

Re: Big in Japan, part 3

Post by G3n0c1de »

DESU wrote:But those were big-name big-budget studios, the ksdevs are just a small indie group. The attention KS has gotten is attributed to many things, but that don't mean much. Besides, the devs already said it's not gonna happen. As much as I want it to.
I know it's unlikely, but if KS somehow got super-epic popular over in Japan, and an animation studio approached them wishing to make an anime series I don't think they'd turn it down. Even so, you're right, it's still highly unlikely.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

I see this has stirred up the same fuss as the last one. I'd really like to have them too but I'll never be able to afford a trip to Japan. I've decided that instead of venting about not being able to get them I'm going to cling to a slim thread of hope that they may be included in the game release as unlockable extras.

Hint hint nudge nudge.
Zz

Post by Zz »

Unfortunately my trip to Japan will be far too late for this. Seriously, I would give you guys money over the internet for stuff like this.
Oh and Lilly looks great by the way.
deadering

Post by deadering »

Zz wrote:Unfortunately my trip to Japan will be far too late for this. Seriously, I would give you guys money over the internet for stuff like this.
Oh and Lilly looks great by the way.
I would as well. I really believe they would have alot of people purchase the artbooks outside of Japan.
Abdus Salam

Post by Abdus Salam »

Damn, I'm currently in Japan but I'm not in that area.

In other news, the title of this thread reminds me of this song. I wonder why.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

I don't know what went through Aura's mind when he first picked the title, but memories from my youth made me immediately connect it to the Alphaville song. :shock:

And before anyone comments, I know that's not an improvement. That's the point.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Silentcook wrote:I don't know what went through Aura's mind when he first picked the title, but memories from my youth made me immediately connect it to the Alphaville song. :shock:

And before anyone comments, I know that's not an improvement. That's the point.
Really? My mind immediately went to the Tom Waits song.
Kowon

Post by Kowon »

I'll also join in and say that I would give money for an artbook.

Also, that picture has cemented my decision to finish the Rin route first once the full game is done.
Saraquill

Post by Saraquill »

Otakumon wrote:
Burial_By_Fire wrote:>If you are around in August.

One thing I learned about Japan. If you're American don't visit in August.
Not trying to sound crude, but I'm curious enough of a person that this has me wondering if there is a sharp drop in numbers of Japanese tourists to the States in December.
You do not go to Japan in the summer unless you really like the sensation of being steamed for dinner. It is bloody hot and humid over there in the summer. Think of what its like in Florida at that time.

On another note, I <3 those teeny tiny pants in Lilly.
Guest dude

Post by Guest dude »

...did ShindoL draw the cover?
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Guest dude wrote:...did ShindoL draw the cover?
It's a collaboration between Moekki and Weee.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
FullArmageddon

Post by FullArmageddon »

You guys should make a digital copy (PDF, CBR, or whatever) available for purchase so anyone can buy it, or after all the events in Japan are over, just put it out there for free. Or make it a free download once the game is done.
Mr.

Post by Mr. »

i agree i would totaly buy the merch. art books, plushies, figures, mouse pads, what ever just please please please release the art books in americo i beg of u. it would bring a ray of happiness to my otherwise bleak existance.

:shock: hanako in swim suite cant look away!!!
kulkukan

Post by kulkukan »

That's nice and all, but what about the states? I'm sure this issue has been addressed/shouted before, but as a (relatively) new fan, I can say that alot of us are very disappointed in the lack of focus in the American/non-japanese deals. I mean I don't know if i'm the only one on these forums who isn't too big on anime(or japanese culture in general) or what, but come on. There has to be something you have in store for us English speaking folk. I understand that you have very limited resources, and if you can use said resource to finish the game instead of giving us little things, well that would be just fine. But when you shower the nippons with all these rare booklets and such without a peak for your larger and stronger fan base, well it sends the wrong message. Not even to the newer fans either, but imagine the fellas that have been with you for years, and nary a single thing except the experience of your (wonderful)demo, and a million and one false full release crazes(TODAYS THE DAY). Its enough to make a guy just want to write a slightly miss-spelled paragraph.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

...You realize that we don't "shower" anybody with anything, since those booklets are NOT made by us. They're a result of the work of the JP translation team, made as a non-profit promotional venture. The KS art team and some of the IRC artists provided art, but otherwise we pretty much didn't do squat.

In other words, YOU are one of the people not making something.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.