Big in Japan, part 3

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
deadering

Re: Big in Japan, part 3

Post by deadering »

I think downloadable scans for sale would be great. Such a simple solution for those of us who want them, with hardly any cost/risk, and even potential profit. Everyone wins?
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

deadering wrote:I think downloadable scans for sale would be great. Such a simple solution for those of us who want them, with hardly any cost/risk, and even potential profit. Everyone wins?
I'm not so sure. The devs aren't out to make a profit. This stuff is purely promotional, and the price is probably just to cover the costs of making it.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Yeah, the price is only to make up for the printing costs (which are not small).
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

You caught us, we are indeed planning on something big for our massive English speaking fan base.

It is a game called Katawa Shoujo and it will be released in English.

You're welcome.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Suriko wrote:Yeah, the price is only to make up for the printing costs (which are not small).
Yep, this was the effort of the Japanese translation team. This team wanted to do this to promote awareness of their translation of KS into Japanese; as the French team has also done for their translation if I remember correctly.
The different translation teams are just that; groups of people translating KS from English into their respective languages. If you absolutely have to have a copy of something a translation team put together on their own time and out of their own pocket it would be best to try to contact the team directly and politely ask if there was any way you could get a copy. Just don't be surprised if you are told no more copies are available; they are not retailers like Amazon after all.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
cemex

Post by cemex »

Devs, if I found a copy of the book on Mandarake or Toranoana, would anyone object if I were to scan it and post it here

Get chance and luck
deadering

Post by deadering »

cemex wrote:Devs, if I found a copy of the book on Mandarake or Toranoana, would anyone object if I were to scan it and post it here
I'm sure alot of people would appreciate it and the devs said they arent out to make a profit so I personally don't see any harm in it. If there is a problem with that though can some one point me in the direction of getting ahold of the Japanese translation team? Much appreciated :D
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Lansan1ty

Post by Lansan1ty »

I may be blind and the answer may have been posted already but -
Where will you guys be located? (Which booth?)

I plan on going Sunday, it's my last weekend in Japan =D
Juno

Post by Juno »

Too bad, because it was last weekend.
Lansan1ty

Post by Lansan1ty »

I meant Comitia, which is Sunday (tomorrow)
Juno

Post by Juno »

Ah alright, in that case I guess your best bet is contacting hir from the japanese TL team, since they are the ones going to the events.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

The "other" KS Japanese blog at http://katawashoujo-ja.blogspot.com/ has this picture of what their table looked like.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:The "other" KS Japanese blog at http://katawashoujo-ja.blogspot.com/ has this picture of what their table looked like.
Hmm, the picture must have been taken before the doors opened, because as we all know, it'd be impossible to get such a clear view of the table through the mass of people clamoring for their KS fix. :lol:
I do like the look of that banner they have in front of their table.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Lansan1ty

Post by Lansan1ty »

Just got back from Comitia 97. Have a surprise for 10 New York Fans...

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3271