Katawa Shoujo in Comiket

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Re: Katawa Shoujo in Comiket

Post by Suriko »

gomennasai wrote:So anything special happenned?
Word from the Japanese guys that attended Comiket is that the Player's Guide and Act 1 CD combo (what they sold at the previous Comiket) sold out. Fragments of Summer, this Comiket's artbook, sold a very healthy 200 copies. Pretty good stuff all around.
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

have you guys thought about making and selling some of these online for those of us that don't live/go to/etc japan? I know I for one would buy one.

of course theres other angles to consider as well, cost of making, P&P, etc etc... but one of my (can't comment for others) pet peeves has always been how these sort of things are very difficult (if not impossible) to get if you dont go to (or live nere) these events.

afterall... its not like there isnt a large population in America, United Kingdom, Brazil etc etc etc compared to Japan...

kinda like this guy says (even if its a different subject... and i wish i had his voice...) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-_yZvmzLOQ
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

Shades of gray wrote:have you guys thought about making and selling some of these online for those of us that don't live/go to/etc japan? I know I for one would buy one.

of course theres other angles to consider as well, cost of making, P&P, etc etc... but one of my (can't comment for others) pet peeves has always been how these sort of things are very difficult (if not impossible) to get if you dont go to (or live nere) these events.

afterall... its not like there isnt a large population in America, United Kingdom, Brazil etc etc etc compared to Japan...

kinda like this guy says (even if its a different subject... and i wish i had his voice...) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-_yZvmzLOQ
The devs say they won't do that mostly because most of the development team isn't in one country (much less one corporation). Plus, there were so many people involved in the making of this game that if they charged for it, they would have to pay everyone that contributed. That includes the translation teams, WHICH ARE ALSO INTERNATIONAL.

So to save themselves the trouble from doing a lot of math, they just decided to make the game free.
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

Rohalmen509 wrote: The devs say they won't do that mostly because most of the development team isn't in one country (much less one corporation). Plus, there were so many people involved in the making of this game that if they charged for it, they would have to pay everyone that contributed. That includes the translation teams, WHICH ARE ALSO INTERNATIONAL.

So to save themselves the trouble from doing a lot of math, they just decided to make the game free.
while true, there is also digital distrubution available... thus offering it internationally...

well... whatever the devs decide... I'll just be sitting here... counting my money and wishing I had one of these nice artbooks and Players guides...
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

I just hope this'll drop in more translation support for the next three acts.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
quirk

Post by quirk »

I agree with Shades, having some sort of access to the art book/guide for us in America would be superb, paid or not.
"Whenever someone creates something with all of their heart, then that creation is given a soul."
-Baron Humbert von Gikkingen, 'The Cat Returns'