Katawa Shoujo in Comitia 96

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
hir

Re: Katawa Shoujo in Comitia 96

Post by hir »

Snicket wrote:Hey that cover kinda looks like the one i did in the DVD cover thread a while back. Could it be that...Na, probably just a coincidence.
Actually yeah I did take your design as a reference...apologies for not mentioning. It does look quite decent on its own.
bradpara wrote:Would it be to much to ask for someone on the Japanese Transalation team to post a report from the event on the Blog
You can count on it...

Also I have some thoughts about English / International edition, but that'll have to wait at least till after the original comes out.
Please watch for further developments.
Jenking

Post by Jenking »

I stumbled upon this page while searching for comitia
I see plenty of coverage with COMIC1☆5 but none regarding this fine event
heck even sunshine creation had more buzz
DESU

Post by DESU »

I knew Hanako wore boots, but I never knew exactly what she wore. Also, I really like the staircase artwork, especially of Hanako, it's really well-done.
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

Aura wrote:Status for April
Translation teams: 4 - 0 Everyone else

http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... ia-96.html

Before you ask, the book is exclusive to the event. Only way to get it is to attend and buy one from the guys.
It begins
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
rolopixel

Post by rolopixel »

Will the Americas ever receive physical content of KS in the future?
Bara

Post by Bara »

rolopixel wrote:Will the Americas ever receive physical content of KS in the future?
Sure, I forget which Dev I'm paraphrasing, "Grab a Sharpie and a white t-shirt and draw your own KS t-shirt.". Some of the artists have done up stuff for cons they participated in. I picked up some buttons like that. Most of the "physical content" that has been made for KS has been made by by fans of the VN on their own dime to promote KS at events they were attending.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

Does inclusion of Takashi and Miki in chibi strip mean they're actually important?
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Don't suppose we could have those pictures put up in the Shimmie? I mean, it IS dev work and all.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

ContinualNaba wrote:Don't suppose we could have those pictures put up in the Shimmie? I mean, it IS dev work and all.
*raises hand* seconded. like I said, the chibi one really needs to be my wallpaper. :mrgreen: and I can show them both to people who think KS is a sex game, 'cause then it'll be like "okay, if it was all about sex, would they be using pictures like this to promote it?"
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Mercutio wrote:... like I said, the chibi one really needs to be my wallpaper. :mrgreen: and I can show them both to people who think KS is a sex game, 'cause then it'll be like "okay, if it was all about sex, would they be using pictures like this to promote it?"
Okay, you obviously have no idea...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Mercutio wrote:... like I said, the chibi one really needs to be my wallpaper. :mrgreen: and I can show them both to people who think KS is a sex game, 'cause then it'll be like "okay, if it was all about sex, would they be using pictures like this to promote it?"
What they would think is that this is a cover meant to stave off parents eyes while the kids insist on having the game.
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

ContinualNaba wrote:Don't suppose we could have those pictures put up in the Shimmie? I mean, it IS dev work and all.
While I'd like a high res version of that as much as the next katawatard, it would probably provide a little more incentive to go out and get the physical copy (for those who can) if it were exclusive to the print version.

After convention season, though, I'm all for it.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Those are now, outside the sprites themselves, my two favorite pieces of official art that have been released. Seriously. Even if we have to wait, I hope they're released digitally on the Shimmie at some point!
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
no idea about what? I know there's sex in the game, hell, I made a whole thread about what sex with the girls would be like. I'm just saying that the game's not all about sex, so they're not going to use pics of the girls naked to promote it. if I've got no idea, how about you tell me what I'm missing, instead of acting like a pretentious ass?
Csihar wrote:While I'd like a high res version of that as much as the next katawatard, it would probably provide a little more incentive to go out and get the physical copy (for those who can) if it were exclusive to the print version.

After convention season, though, I'm all for it.
yeah, good point, I didn't think about that. still hope they put up the pics eventually, though.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

OH
MY
GOD!
My Queen looks AWESOME!
"...!"