Katawa Shoujo in Comitia 96

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Katawa Shoujo in Comitia 96

Post by Aura »

Status for April
Translation teams: 4 - 0 Everyone else

http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... ia-96.html

Before you ask, the book is exclusive to the event. Only way to get it is to attend and buy one from the guys.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
PCJedi

Re: Katawa Shoujo in Comitia 96

Post by PCJedi »

Oh, awesome! Stuff looks really neat, looks like they did a real good job on it. Hope they can get into Summer Comiket, I too would be interested to see more doujin things in the future.
Love is Blind. God is Love. Lilly is Blind.

Then, is Lilly God?
hasteroth

Post by hasteroth »

ok. I want this. Shame I don't live in Japan
Teclo

Post by Teclo »

Aura wrote:Status for April
Before you ask, the book is exclusive to the event. Only way to get it is to attend and buy one from the guys.
Well thanks for telling us about it then. ;_;

Or maybe you're holding back some copies that you're going to put on ebay. Hmm... But this sounds cool, it's actually exciting for me even though I don't have anything to do with it (other than being a fan). Not happy with how Rin is barely visible on the booklet cover art but at least it's made up for by Shizune and her zettai ryouiki.

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

My Bus pass doesn't go direct to Tokyo, so I doubt I'll make it. It would probably help if I lived in Japan or even owned a bus pass but that's just the hand life gave me, what makes it worse is that life actually gave me two and I still can't get there.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

I like this post just for Shizune's glorious thigh highs.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
coldacid

Post by coldacid »

Sad that the book's an exclusive, but I'm sure scans of it will show up eventually, anyway. And if they make more copies for Comiket, then it'll definitely appear online before long, lol. I'm more interested in getting a pressing of the full KS anyway, here's hoping to release soon!
<coldacid> hanak-o's
<coldacid> taste best when burnt
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

SUBS FUCKING WHERE???...Oh, wait.

The art on the inside of cover (with the staircase scene and all those chibis) is glorious, who did it?
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Goldilurks wrote:The art on the inside of cover (with the staircase scene and all those chibis) is glorious, who did it?
The chibis are very reminiscent of mikeinel/manyakis's style, but I'm sure any of the dev artists could have done it just as easily.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Cool, so effin cool.
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
Burial_By_fire_unlogged

Post by Burial_By_fire_unlogged »

I can't hear this update over the sound of

HOLY SHIT! FIRST OFFICIAL ART OF HIDEAKI FUCKING EVER!

I can now look forward to the project knowing that He's not just a figment of fandom.
Burial_By_Fire

Post by Burial_By_Fire »

One more quick note about the cover art:

Shouldn't they not be wearing shoes, but wearing those comfy-looking Japanese school slippers?
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

okay, how fucking cool is it that a game that came from a doujin is now getting some major stuff coming out like this? seriously awesome; grats to all the devs. hope you guys get a ton of new fans from this.

also: any chance of the new art showing up in the shimmie sometime soon? that long picture with all the cast really needs to be my new desktop. :mrgreen:

edit:
Burial_By_fire_unlogged wrote:I can't hear this update over the sound of

HOLY SHIT! FIRST OFFICIAL ART OF HIDEAKI FUCKING EVER!

I can now look forward to the project knowing that He's not just a figment of fandom.
...dude. Hideaki first showed up in a screenshot from one of the blog entries. people started guessing he was a trap right after that. :lol:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Burial_By_Fire wrote:One more quick note about the cover art:

Shouldn't they not be wearing shoes, but wearing those comfy-looking Japanese school slippers?
We've had this discussion internally a while back. We decided that uwabaki look lame. Not every school uses them, either (although the large majority do), so we decided Yamaku doesn't.

(I guess it should be noted we actually forgot about them to begin with, so the decision ended up being "is it worth changing a couple of the CGs and design documents to account for it, or just have Yamaku not use them". we decided on the latter)
Burial_By_Fire

Post by Burial_By_Fire »

Well, I have no reason not to trust you.