Words of Gods

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
delta
Feels Badman

Words of Gods

Post by delta »

Warning: May contain trolling, lies, sudden changes of mind and stuff made up on the spot*.

http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... -gods.html

* It has footnotes. That makes it at least 250% more truthful**.
** Per footnote.
VCR
lolbot

Re: Words of Gods

Post by VCR »

In my headcanon Hideaki is loved by everyone.

(USER WAS WRONG FOR THIS POST)
[13:00:51] <buckingham> why do you have to shit on my parade delta-kun you baka >_<
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

VCR wrote:In my headcanon Hideaki is loved by everyone.
Physically.

At the same time.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

It is my steadfast belief that everyone on this forum is actually a developer in disguise fooling his colleagues into thinking someone actually likes their work. Because of this I consider anything on here as canon, from the raunchiest fanfiction to the most absurd depictions in fanart. And now excuse me while I go back to being an adbot with extremely subliminal messages.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Deimos wrote:It is my steadfast belief that everyone on this forum is actually a developer in disguise fooling his colleagues into thinking someone actually likes their work.
now where have i heard this before
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Very intresing to say the least. Esp nice to see what the Devs think of all this. (And glad to see they are more or less amused)
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

Deimos wrote:It is my steadfast belief that everyone on this forum is actually a developer in disguise fooling his colleagues into thinking someone actually likes their work. Because of this I consider anything on here as canon, from the raunchiest fanfiction to the most absurd depictions in fanart. And now excuse me while I go back to being an adbot with extremely subliminal messages.
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/1424

If that means that this art is canon I will pray to every deity that your theory is correct, sir.

...wait, wouldn't that mean you are also a developer in disguise fooling his colleagues into thinking someone actually likes their work?
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

delta wrote:For example, I have said before that Richter Bromont's depiction of the Yamaku principal as a Luchador wrestler is actually true. I know that there is nothing to contradict it in the game at this point (because he does not appear, and nor is mentioned in enough detail to make the call), so I'm not even outright lying. I just think it's funny, but does this make it "canon", an in-universe "truth"? I guess so, but I'm also aware that if we actually did decide to show him, he'd be something less... random. In fact, the principal did appear in an early draft, and in there she was a woman. Maybe THAT is more canonical than my offhand remark?
Well, it is only her voice but the principal does appear in Act 1, and at least in the German translation*, she will definitely be female - word of the great Suriko-sama 8)
So we already have a case of the words of two different gods creating conflicting pieces of canon-information.
Now, if you absolutely insist, we could change the principal's gender, but then you'd have to do another build and would probably rip our heads off...

*The german word for principal uses a different suffix for the male and the female version.**
**Increasing truthfulness of this post.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

delta wrote:
Deimos wrote:It is my steadfast belief that everyone on this forum is actually a developer in disguise fooling his colleagues into thinking someone actually likes their work.
now where have i heard this before
I believe when 4chan got tired of KS-fanfiction threads, there were shouts of: "GET OUT KS DEVS!!11" and similar accusations were levied against you which were quite unsubstantiated considering that few of the developers actually frequent those boards if I am to believe what has been said about this issue in these very forums.

But to be serious, even if all falls apart at the last moment and no "canon beyond Act 1" emerges, I would still be grateful for the experience that this product of your work alone achieved to provide. I'll just take all the trolling, the lies, the weird statements made up on the fly and the contradictions as substitute entertainment - at least it kept me interested for many months whereas playing Katawa Shoujo's would perhaps only take some days. :)
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Trolling, lies, sudden changes of mind, and stuff made up on the spot? Sounds pretty much like any long term project done by a committee. Ass grabbing and pranks are some of the social lubricants that let people deal with the stresses of projects over time.
(And sometimes prevents death, dismemberment and or cannibalism amongst the team.) :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
CanadaAotS

Post by CanadaAotS »

Deimos wrote:It is my steadfast belief that everyone on this forum is actually a developer in disguise fooling his colleagues into thinking someone actually likes their work. Because of this I consider anything on here as canon, from the raunchiest fanfiction to the most absurd depictions in fanart. And now excuse me while I go back to being an adbot with extremely subliminal messages.
Sounds like autism... /jp/, is that you?
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Interesting blog post. I think you already answered the question "Why does Word of God matter so much to people?" in the first line of the post. People love canon. In fact, they love canon and continuity of a work more than the actual creator of that work. When they like something, I think the process of filling in the blanks and expanding (to a lesser or greater degree) on the premise of a work is an automatic process for most people, even if not everyone bothers to type up their thoughts and theories in the form of a fanfic. The fact that KS is not an excercise in world-building isn't really relevant. That kind of thing never stopped fans before.

The reason I think "official word" (I'll spare you the TVtropism) matters so much may be a bit on the cynical side. It matters to people because people like to validate their own pet theories and views at least in their own mind and sometimes in the/a community as well. Official word is what people use as the foundation of their views, so the more comprehensive official statements are, the more solid the foundation and the less likely it is that people's theories about KS stuff will be dismissed by other fans as BS.

Fan fiction and fan theories are meant to expand, most of the time not to replace. (unless fans REALLY don't like where the original author is going with his work :) ) If a fanfic for instance describes the accident that claimed Emi's legs and then at some point official word comes out that Emi's disability was caused by a birth defect after all, the "expansion"-purpose of the fanfic falls flat because it contains a significant contradiction.

Even if something is just a fanfic, people at least like their work to come across as "making sense". In a way, KS itself is a "fanfic" to Raita's original page. It uses the few notes scribbled on there as a foundation. At this point, I really doubt any of Raita's input would make much of a difference even if he contradicts what you guys established about the girls, since a) too much work has already been put into it and b) Raita's page was just a quick doodle and your work has developed and matured over a long period of time, so in a way the girls are as much your creation as they are his, if not more. But I'd hazard a guess that if he contacted you guys in 2007/2008 with a note saying "I have some more info that didn't fit on the original page, if you're interested", that would have mattered to you guys.
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

F/SN should have been its own story and universe tying it in with tsukihime makes it full retard.
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

I agree with most of the things said.
I mean, do we really need to know things like Rin's favorite brand of shoelace, Hanako's preferred bedtime on weekdays or what font Shizune prefers her subtitles in . If it doesn't add to the overall narrative, is there really a need for it at all.
guesticle

Post by guesticle »

Everyone in the fanfiction forum is Silentcook.

Also, KS's development is being funded by prescription drugs sold out of Russia.