Future Plans

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Palas

Re: Future Plans

Post by Palas »

Edit: It just hit me, what if the prank is that at least some of that post isn't a joke? They build up more and more ridiculous things to make us think "okay, they're just fucking with us," then BOOM! When the full game comes out, some of that paid content is real. Paying for new characters, a Kenji/Misha route, maybe the webstore. It seems plausible.

"You know our last April Fools' joke? April Fools!"
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

well, the webstore might be fake, they keep saying that they're all international so making a store would be difficult, even if it's online only.

Alhough Saki and Rika seem like they have way too much detail, so the prank seems double sided. One of the dev's might actually be making patches for Saki and Rika to be installed in the game. Or, they might actually be part of the game but be side characters (lesbian side characters).
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

Rohalmen509 wrote: Or, they might actually be part of the game but be side characters (lesbian side characters).
You mean awesome side characters :mrgreen:
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

scott1and wrote:
Rohalmen509 wrote: Or, they might actually be part of the game but be side characters (lesbian side characters).
Didn't he just say that? :D
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

griffon8 wrote:
scott1and wrote:
Didn't he just say that? :D
read it dev's, we're catching on to your schemes.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.

Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

Rohalmen509 wrote:read it dev's, we're catching on to your schemes.
Meanwhile, the dev's laugh at the ludicrous notion the we might have the slightest idea what they're planning.
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

Shujoxa wrote:
Meanwhile, the dev's laugh at the ludicrous notion the we might have the slightest idea what they're planning.
They know that I know that they know what I know. In short, it's just good fun.

Esquire

Post by Esquire »

Shujoxa wrote:
That implies that the devs actually HAVE a plan in the first place :P
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

Esquire wrote:
Shujoxa wrote:
That implies that the devs actually HAVE a plan in the first place :P
I just realized.

Devs
Developers.
Devils.

AverageJoe

Post by AverageJoe »

I for one love the idea of adding a price to being able to explore the game more.
It would be nice to experience more of the game and part you normally wouldn't by using the free version.
I also don't have a problem with the ads so long as I don't see giant McDonalds ads popping up while i'm making a big decision in-game.
Paying for really fun choices is a great idea so long as the free version is just as fun which is obvious from Act 1 dl.
I can't wait for the full version and I for one and doing everything I can to help it along because when it comes out I plan on playing it over and over and over again till my fingers are worn down into nubs.

I love this game ad everything about it. I also know there are some people who wish they could live in an anime show or wish they could be an anime character for real and this game helps make their dreams come true by letting them make the decisions and make their own story the way they want.
I know that after this game is finished there can be more stories made and turned into a saga and it will be one of the most popular games of all time.

In case anyone is wondering: "Wtf is with this guy?" It's because i'm new to the forums and I just recently got this game and I love it.

Good luck Aura and all the Devs. I can't wait to see the finished product!
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

AverageJoe wrote:I love this game ad everything about it. I also know there are some people who wish they could live in an anime show or wish they could be an anime character for real and this game helps make their dreams come true by letting them make the decisions and make their own story the way they want
Pretty much any story-based VN does that already.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

Darlat wrote:
AverageJoe wrote:I love this game ad everything about it. I also know there are some people who wish they could live in an anime show or wish they could be an anime character for real and this game helps make their dreams come true by letting them make the decisions and make their own story the way they want
He's a newb, so he'll learn XD

Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Rohalmen509 wrote:
Darlat wrote:
He's a newb, so he'll learn XD
No reason not to help him learn, right?
I'm a rabbit.

Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

Darlat wrote:
Rohalmen509 wrote: He's a newb, so he'll learn XD
True. Although, this is only my second visual novel. My first was Brass Restoration and second was Clannad. I loved Brass Restoration, but I didn't like Clannad.

Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Rohalmen509 wrote:
Darlat wrote:
Rohalmen509 wrote: He's a newb, so he'll learn XD
True. Although, this is only my second visual novel. My first was Brass Restoration and second was Clannad. I loved Brass Restoration, but I didn't like Clannad.
Wouldn't that make it your third visual novel since you read two before?

p.s: We're derailing here.
I'm a rabbit.