Future Plans

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Teclo

Re: Future Plans

Post by Teclo »

I think this is the first April Fools joke online that I've actually fallen for. The combination of (generally accepted as) bad things like microtransactions and withholding content from non-subscribers and (generally accepted as) good things like extra routes and an online store made it strangely convincing. I think I would actually buy a Rin hug pillow. The product placement part started to ring alarm bells and then when I read the pricing plan I finally remembered the date.

I love how on the very well made fake Steam page, there's a "GET OUT KS DEVS!" quote from /jp/ and how the "4LS Package" links to the Duke Nukem Forever site.

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako
Juno

Post by Juno »

It's lovely how it all goes from believable to nigh impossible to outright absurd. :mrgreen:
Ergoemos

Post by Ergoemos »

I shan't deny I was also conned by the entire post. I won't even deny that I didn't even grow suspicious until every link on the Steam thing linked to Duke Nukem.

I was going to come here to see if anyone else had to same problem... Then I started reading posts.

I don't feel particularly bad about being taken in. I was absolutely eager to be able to pay for the game itself, and a new indie game developer, all previous posts against this idea aside. It just didn't click that someone would mislead me so...

That said, my eagerness to give money to here has fallen. Which might have been the goal. ><

Still. I would have loved to see the reaction from Kenji on the "you're cute" dialog option. ^^;
CarpeGuitarrem

Post by CarpeGuitarrem »

Alas, I could sniff it from the very start, but probably because I'd been helping with an April Fools' Day prank earlier today. I'm quite amused, though it would be cool to have DLC...Saki in particular strikes my "tragedy" bone very strongly. That would be a cool story.
toast

Post by toast »

kenji x hisao manly end only true pairing etc etc
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed
KFJ

Post by KFJ »

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:Alas, I could sniff it from the very start, but probably because I'd been helping with an April Fools' Day prank earlier today. I'm quite amused, though it would be cool to have DLC...Saki in particular strikes my "tragedy" bone very strongly. That would be a cool story.
It sort of looks like a little too much work went into those characters for them just to be gags - Maybe there's a couple of characters we haven't met just yet? Or maybe there will actually be DLC down the road? Ooh I can't wait!
darrin

Post by darrin »

All I know is Lilly can pick my popsicles any day of the week.
Terminally Hanako-smitten
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

I kind of expected this, but at least we have some lovely fanfic material in the form of the two "new" characters.

But the Shizune-Misha harem route, the KS points and the office in Denmark sounded interesting but pretty unrealistic I mean who would get an office in Denmark :mrgreen:
KFJ

Post by KFJ »

scott1and wrote:I kind of expected this, but at least we have some lovely fanfic material in the form of the two "new" characters.

But the Shizune-Misha harem route, the KS points and the office in Denmark sounded interesting but pretty unrealistic I mean who would get an office in Denmark :mrgreen:
Actually, Denmark is pretty great. I'm from Iceland - I basically grew up being taught that the Danish are the devil due to their former domination of, well, us. Then I went to Copenhagen for 5 days - It was amazing. The food was pretty good, there were GameStops all over the place (Although steam is, of course, a preferable alternative) and you can go to the sweep (A walkie street.)

Some Danes can be pretty mean, though. For example, I went to buy a hot dog (They have amazing hot dogs. The bun is closed. Part-way.) from a vendor, speaking my best Danish (Unskyld, jeg skal har en pölse) and she replies in English :(

Them Danes. :|

Maybe she smelled the fact that I'm born in Sweden.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Hmm, some unread posts on the 'Blog posts' section. Been awhile since the last blog entry; maybe there's a new one? Let's go to that tab… oh, there is a new one!

Wait, it's April First. Ah, this should be amusing.

I was laughing out loud by the second section.

My favorite bit was the link on the 'Steam' page 'Read related news', which links to Wikipedia's page on vaporware. :D
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Hamadyne

Post by Hamadyne »

Ohh, KS devs. You had me going there.

Although, the additional characters could make a 'sequel', of sorts.
A different character other than Hisao would arrive, possibly during the same time as the first KS.
Not a sequel per se, but it would be cool to see.
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

Damn it, first a fake yet totally awesome-looking Harry Potter TV series and now this. Why did you have to make Rika and Saki so hot?
Jaksio

Post by Jaksio »

To be honest. No matter how you look at it. Devs just gave us two new characters that will be definitely considered as official (by fans i mean). Even if they won't be showed in actual game ( even as secondary roles) or be announced by developers as nonexistent. It's only matter of time before fans will start creating fan arts, fanfics and god knows what else that will involve those two. ( BTW You can already find on Mishime one fan art of Rika.)
sabre98

Post by sabre98 »

Well played, devs. :D You really got me. I believed it until I started reading this discussion.
But I like those ideas for bonus content or additional characters. When i read about Saki the first thing that came to my mind was Romeo and Juliet - star-crossed lovers whose love was doomed from beginning - just like possible love between her and Hisao and it really moved me.
So please consider turning this joke into something real. I would be happy to pay for something extra
Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change
Jazz_Cat

Post by Jazz_Cat »

Man, I was expecting the surprise release today. But this is still good news...
Unless...The blog post was an April fools joke that I've fallen for...
...Crap :lol: