Hanako Path Direction Complete

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Bara

Re: Hanako Path Direction Complete

Post by Bara »

GoodleShoes wrote:Honestly, as long as it comes out in 2011, they should take their time on it. Especially if they're still making Rin's path... They should take a large amount of careful considerate time with....that.
That is a pure assumption that time spent directly translates into good writing. The sequence of paths being finished could be dictated on which writers simply had more time to write, which story lines came together easier and flowed onto the paper, more re-writes needed, or simple writers block might have slowed some writers down.
So I can state with confidence that since Emi's path was completed first; Emi's writer must be the best, and therefor Emi's story will be the best. :mrgreen:

(Or they were all done at the same time 3 months ago and they used a random number generator to pick the order they would announce completion. Just to string us all along longer of course... :twisted: )

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Bara wrote:(Or they were all done at the same time 3 months ago and they used a random number generator to pick the order they would announce completion. Just to string us all along longer of course... :twisted: )
Man. Not even us are THAT evil. :?
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Bara

Post by Bara »

Silentcook wrote:
Bara wrote:(Or they were all done at the same time 3 months ago and they used a random number generator to pick the order they would announce completion. Just to string us all along longer of course... :twisted: )
Man. Not even us are THAT evil. :?
Ahh, but IF you WERE evil enough to do it; it is easily possible that you would have no problem lying about doing it. :lol:

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Bara wrote:Ahh, but IF you WERE evil enough to do it; it is easily possible that you would have no problem lying about doing it. :lol:
And then the game was released the next day.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Bara wrote:Ahh, but IF you WERE evil enough to do it; it is easily possible that you would have no problem lying about doing it. :lol:
You know, I could accept that level of evil.

But I'm content to wait for the final product. Gives me more time to write any fanfic I want to create.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Bara

Post by Bara »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Actually the evidence of the Devs Eeeeevilness is they have us fans messing with our own minds, psyching ourselves out. :lol:

Scyth118

Post by Scyth118 »

This is great news to hear!

This game has become a kind of Duke Nukem/Black Mesa type thing for myself. Never thought I would actually see the day when progress of this stage got announced. Although it still looks like it's far from being done, this news is awesome.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a 2011 release! You guys are something else for doing this.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Bara wrote: So I can state with confidence that since Emi's path was completed first; Emi's writer must be the best, and therefor Emi's story will be the best.

Man, I hope you like disappointment!
Bara

Post by Bara »

TheHivemind wrote:
Bara wrote: So I can state with confidence that since Emi's path was completed first; Emi's writer must be the best, and therefor Emi's story will be the best.

Man, I hope you like disappointment!
Hey, it isn't like I'm expecting "Xanadu" and descriptions of the Khan's pleasure domes by the river Alph. I only expect a good, entertaining story to spend a few hours on.

Scyth118

Post by Scyth118 »

Bara wrote:Man, I hope you like disappointment!
Hey, it isn't like I'm expecting "Xanadu" and descriptions of the Khan's pleasure domes by the river Alph. I only expect a good, entertaining story to spend a few hours on.[/quote]

That's all we can hope for with all the story paths. To be honest, who would expect a free game done by volunteers to be anything better than "meh" worthy?
And I will bet anything that it will be quite awesome and better than a lot of visual novels out there that you have to pay for.
Emi's will probably be a lot better than people expect, I don't think she gets a lot of credit due to her role in the first release of the demo.
Palas

Post by Palas »

Scyth118 wrote: And I will bet anything that it will be quite awesome and better than a lot of visual novels out there that you have to pay for.
Emi's will probably be a lot better than people expect, I don't think she gets a lot of credit due to her role in the first release of the demo.
I've always thought of her as a very interesting character (for someone who nearly kills you, that is) and her background is much more exploitable than Shizune's, for instance. But let's see what comes.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

You know, i've really got to pay more attention to the blog posts.
Anyways, hurray for the completing. I think that makes Lilly and Hanako done, so we're getting closer to the release. :D

*edit* Guess, I have to fix that. So Emi's path is done as well, how did I miss that one?
Last edited by neumanproductions on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

neumanproductions wrote:You know, i've really got to pay more attention to the blog posts.
Anyways, hurray for the completing. I think that makes Lilly and Hanako done, so we're getting closer to the release. :D
Yes, you should!
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

so near.... and yet so far.... dangit, i need something to do in the mean time...

ive played through most of my games (even went and got all achievements for FF13, Fable 3 and Halo Reach... do you realize how annoying FF13s achievements are?) Im up to date on my anime collection... i've even gone and played a few other VNs to pass time, speaking of which... Swan Song called the earthquakes...

help me pass time! suggest something!
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
GMKGoat

Post by GMKGoat »

Shades of gray wrote:help me pass time! suggest something!
TV Tropes