State of the Shoujo, 2011

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
griffon8

Re: State of the Shoujo, 2011

Post by griffon8 »

Two months down; no more than 10 to go.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Mr.

Post by Mr. »

I'll admit i'm new here. and i only found the place by complete mistake on top of that i almost X'ed out after reading the premise ( i was seriously put off at first), but shear curiosity got the better of me and i tried it. in short i found it to be well executed and superbly written. That being said i must break character and say.

"ALL HAIL THE BENEVOLENCE OF THE 4LEAF GODS AND THEIR CREATION!! WE THE FAITHFULL AWAIT ITS DEVINE COMPLEATION."
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Can't break what don't exist, it seems. So much for Quantum mechanics.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

You could always make it exist and then break it.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.
Nero5150

Post by Nero5150 »

griffon8 wrote:Two months down; no more than 10 to go.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one doing this.
ze spy

Post by ze spy »

griffon8 wrote:Two months down; no more than 10 to go.
Call me greedy, but I'm hoping for before August, but I don't really care as long as it comes out. To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised they didn't drop it and just quit. I'm pretty fucking proud of the devs.
"That weird motherfucker"
DMGnome

Post by DMGnome »

The devs are pretty awesome.
Fans destroy things by loving them too much. This is one of the fundamental laws of the universe.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

DMGnome wrote:The devs are pretty awesome.
well yeah, but we all knew that after, like, five minutes of playing the game. :mrgreen: but seriously, I'm really grateful too that they never gave up on KS. it would really suck if they did.

and I swear, I wasn't counting the months left when KS could come out, but I will now. *shakes fist at griffon8*
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Mercutio wrote:and I swear, I wasn't counting the months left when KS could come out, but I will now. *shakes fist at griffon8*
Three and a half months down, no more than 8 and a half to go? :oops: :wink:
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Griffon8's Writing
SilverCitizen

Post by SilverCitizen »

griffon8 wrote:
Mercutio wrote:and I swear, I wasn't counting the months left when KS could come out, but I will now. *shakes fist at griffon8*
Three and a half months down, no more than 8 and a half to go? :oops: :wink:
You're really not making it any easier for us impatient people. :lol:
I have to think about this one carefully...
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Rin path:
Writing: Act 4 second draft in progress.
Direction: Act 3 out of 4 complete.

Shizune path:
Writing: Act 4 second draft in progress, Act 3 in editing.
Direction: Act 2 out of 4 complete.
*Looks on in anticipation*
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

SilverCitizen wrote:You're really not making it any easier for us impatient people. :lol:
Does that mean I shouldn't mention anything about 4 months down and no more than 8 to go? :P

Griffon8's Writing
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

120 days down. No more than 243 days to go!

Also, I know it's been a four-year struggle, maybe five by the time it drops and the Devs have driven themselves and each other crazy, but I hope that 4Leaf Studios doesn't end up just being a one-hit wonder (not counting pXt, that is). I hope that after KS drops and they've had the time to rest and recouperate, they'll announce the start of another project and we'll have this community survive and not just slowly fade away. I know this probably fits better in the "premature nostalgia" thread, but still...
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Totz the Plaid wrote:Also, I know it's been a four-year struggle, maybe five by the time it drops and the Devs have driven themselves and each other crazy, but I hope that 4Leaf Studios doesn't end up just being a one-hit wonder (not counting pXt, that is). I hope that after KS drops and they've had the time to rest and recouperate, they'll announce the start of another project and we'll have this community survive and not just slowly fade away. I know this probably fits better in the "premature nostalgia" thread, but still...
An admirable sentiment, but the four years is a long time to devote yourself to something. The devs aren't even being paid, they're still together out of a desire to see the game finished. I've heard that once KS is released, many of them will leave to pursue their own interests. It's unlikely that another idea will be able to generate the drive needed for the team to devote the time needed to see it through.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Yeah, I know, but still. Here's hoping!
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who