In the Case of Emi Ibarazaki

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Re: In the Case of Emi Ibarazaki

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Smoku wrote:What if Rin suddenly grew her hair? Or Shizune?
How could Rin suddenly grow Shizune?
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Smoku wrote:Wow, I mean... wow.

One of the girls let's her hair loose and soon a swarm of fans runs and drools towards her.

What if Rin suddenly grew her hair? Or Shizune?
I know I would be somewhat disappointed. My opinion remains: each of the girl's hair is perfect for them! I see no need to fix what isn't broken. Maybe we can let Emi loosen her hair a bit for one scene or something, but for me, those wacky pigtails are a part of Emi's character as much as her big, adorable eyes and her cute smile.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Smoku wrote:Or Shizune?
Funny, I prefer girls with longer hair, yet my favorite has the shortest hair of all the girls. Someone ought to draw Shizune with long hair, to explore this possibility.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Bara

Post by Bara »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Smoku wrote:Or Shizune?
Funny, I prefer girls with longer hair, yet my favorite has the shortest hair of all the girls. Someone ought to draw Shizune with long hair, to explore this possibility.
So, would a picture of Shizune with a beard down to her waist count as "long hair"? :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Bara wrote:So, would a picture of Shizune with a beard down to her waist count as "long hair"? :mrgreen:
And this is why we can't have nice things. Though if you jam Jigoro's head on Shizune's body...
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Smoku wrote:Wow, I mean... wow.

One of the girls let's her hair loose and soon a swarm of fans runs and drools towards her.
You'd have to be a fairly boring person to not be curious how your favorite girls look with alternate hairstyles. A girl who occasionally sports a different hairstyle keeps herself interesting.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Smoku wrote:What if Rin suddenly grew her hair?
There's actually quite a few...
images of alternate RinHair...
on the shimmie.

[shimmie]398[/shimmie]
Also, popsicles.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

^^^ Just look at her work on that popsicle.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Hmmm...

Post by Hmmm... »

From my perspective the original Emi sprite that was in the first version of Act one followed the design of the other chars, however the new version though seems to make it out of place in my opinion. I'm not an Emi fan, but I don't feel a symmetry in the sprite artwork that it originally had. That's just how it seems to me, but isn't going to stop me in anyway from playing the game when released since this is going to be a great game from what I can tell.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Hmmm... wrote:From my perspective the original Emi sprite that was in the first version of Act one followed the design of the other chars, however the new version though seems to make it out of place in my opinion.
You're entitled to your opinion, but I've got to disagree with you here. Old Emi's sprite didn't quite mesh with the other characters from a design standpoint - her uniform was a bit different, for example. The current rough sprites do stand out a bit because of the linework, but the design itself seems to work a bit better just as far as things like expressiveness and detailing go, and since the lines are getting cleaned up for the full release there should be no cause for alarm.

Whatever the case, I think it's safe to say that the devs won't let their several years' worth of work finally be released, only to risk having readers' immersion be compromised for an entire route by an out-of-place sprite set.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

G3n0c1de wrote:Looks like Moekki also gave her a :3 face. Can't beat how Shizune's eyes change (>:3) when she does it, but I approve.
I hope there are more overexaggerated facial expressions in the game. Those are always the best.
http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/8946 ... dition.jpg Pic related.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Strong disagree.
Sprites like that or SD-sprites would simply kill the mood in KS.
That's not a comedy they're making here...
OK, it would kind of work with Kenji, but with no one else.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Strong disagree.
Sprites like that or SD-sprites would simply kill the mood in KS.
That's not a comedy they're making here...
OK, it would kind of work with Kenji, but with no one else.
There's always something to be said for well-timed comic relief, though. Stuff like Emi's o.o face or Shizune's >:3 seem to have turned out pretty adorable so far, but I agree that if it were taken to, say, Hidamari levels of chibiness, it might get a little silly. Either way, it probably just depends on the different artists' natural inclinations toward such things, although I don't foresee it happening too much anyway.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Bara

Post by Bara »

I'm not worried about it. So far the composition of the art has complemented the story being told without being any sort of distraction. Even when people commented they did not like the quality of a character in a drawing I can't remember anyone saying they thought the composition was off or it detracted from the story. The Dev's really have been able to maintain quite a good level of consistency across the board for the artwork. Considering the multitude of ways that things could have gone wrong with the art, it is mind boggling the way things have gone right! Really the only thing we obsessive fanboys have to nit-pick at is one set of sprites which the Dev's tell us are being brought to the same standards as the rest.

To me, it is amazing.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?