In the Case of Emi Ibarazaki

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
neumanproductions

Re: In the Case of Emi Ibarazaki

Post by neumanproductions »

madhippy wrote:Personally I still prefer the old Emi and I think it would be easier on the dev to just bring the old Emi back rather than updating the whole cast.
Trust me, I would like old Emi too but the new version has grown on me. Also, it would actually be harder to go back to her old sprite for, if i'm correct, it was said that her old artist left and the new CG has already been drawn to the specifications of the new sprite so in fact it would be more difficult to go back now. But who would have thought Emi would be getting the most attention after all this.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Caesius wrote: the KS fanbase is suffering from an epidemic of ephebophilia.
That applies to every one of the girls, though. None of them are older than 19.

I think people are just realising Emi is awesome. That opinion might be SLIGHTLY biased though, I guess.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

neumanproductions wrote:
madhippy wrote:Personally I still prefer the old Emi and I think it would be easier on the dev to just bring the old Emi back rather than updating the whole cast.
Trust me, I would like old Emi too but the new version has grown on me. Also, it would actually be harder to go back to her old sprite for, if i'm correct, it was said that her old artist left and the new CG has already been drawn to the specifications of the new sprite so in fact it would be more difficult to go back now.
that, and if you watch the "Spin" video carefully, you see that the new Emi sprites have been cleaned up, so she probably won't look off compared to the rest of the cast.

besides, old Emi? I could never see her as sexy, hardly even cute. she looked too much like a little kid, and the borderline bowl-cut with tacked-on twintails didn't help either. new Emi's a major improvement, actually looks like she should be in high school, not grade school. :mrgreen:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Juno

Post by Juno »

Mercutio wrote:that, and if you watch the "Spin" video carefully, you see that the new Emi sprites are blurred like crazy because of the spin effect and the video compression.
Fixed that for you.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

SirMax wrote:
But Emi is the most ephebo.

Juno wrote:
Mercutio wrote:that, and if you watch the "Spin" video carefully, you see that the new Emi sprites are blurred like crazy because of the spin effect and the video compression.
Fixed that for you.
Yeah, I wasn't so sure if the sprites had actually been cleaned up as everyone was saying. My first thought when noticing the "quality" of the sprites was, "well, it looks like they might have been cleaned up, and it'd be nice if they were, but it's hard to tell." Then when everyone else started gushing over the seemingly improved sprites it became more or less accepted fact (cf. "wikiality") that they were cleaned up.

However, the picture in the blog post proves that she was indeed cleaned up, though the jagged edges from resizing may draw attention away from that. The one feature that proves it is the change in her eyelashes, which are now solid rather than sketchy.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Looks like Moekki also gave her a :3 face. Can't beat how Shizune's eyes change (>:3) when she does it, but I approve.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

SirMax wrote:

I think people are just realising Emi is awesome. That opinion might be SLIGHTLY biased though, I guess.
'Teenage girls, we get older, they stay the same.'

Double bonus because they can't age!
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Caesius wrote:However, the picture in the blog post proves that she was indeed cleaned up, though the jagged edges from resizing may draw attention away from that. The one feature that proves it is the change in her eyelashes, which are now solid rather than sketchy.
Spoilers: the Spin video does not use the cleaned sprite set.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
SilverCitizen

Post by SilverCitizen »

Very nice blog post. I think I'm leaning towards Emi as my favorite character looks-wise. It's nice to see those eyebrows were cleaned up. They were kinda driving me crazy. :mrgreen:
Can't wait to see the other girls. :D
I have to think about this one carefully...
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Aura wrote:
Caesius wrote:However, the picture in the blog post proves that she was indeed cleaned up, though the jagged edges from resizing may draw attention away from that. The one feature that proves it is the change in her eyelashes, which are now solid rather than sketchy.
Spoilers: the Spin video does not use the cleaned sprite set.
Aura
>has heterochromia
I'm not sure I can trust you
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Caesius wrote:
Aura
>has heterochromia
You can't trust him because of a quote saying his? eyes are of different colours?
Caesius Gaius Marcus Lucius Aurelius-Loeher

Post by Caesius Gaius Marcus Lucius Aurelius-Loeher »

Call it folk wisdom.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

Aura wrote:Spoilers: the Spin video does not use the cleaned sprite set.
well now I feel pretty stupid. :shock:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
PureLionHeart

Post by PureLionHeart »

Esa94 wrote:
Caesius wrote:
Aura
>has heterochromia
You can't trust him because of a quote saying his? eyes are of different colours?
He's lucky we're not burning him at the stake for witchcraft.
That comes post-release.
"We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies, and sacrifice all our allies. We'll keep killing until there's nothing left but to destroy ourselves. It will never be enough. We are incorrigible warmongers, aren't we?"
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Wow, I mean... wow.

One of the girls let's her hair loose and soon a swarm of fans runs and drools towards her.

What if Rin suddenly grew her hair? Or Shizune?