Spin.mp4

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
EDiot

Re: Spin.mp4

Post by EDiot »

Also, I believe the Emi :9 rape face was a reference to this.
Asperatus

Post by Asperatus »

EDiot wrote:The trailer was nicely done, and the new CGs and sprites are cool, however, I really don't think the trailer fits the theme(?) of the game, or the medium. While the game is very mellow and relaxing to play, the trailer is amped and in-your-face. And when you take into consideration that the game is a VN, the effect ends up being "Ah, yes, well these are some exciting... spinning... static images."
What do you mean, "it's not awesome"?
Le_Shad

Post by Le_Shad »

Emi seems to be getting poplar thanks to this trailer.

Awesome trailer btw.
Chess or painting?
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Asperatus wrote:
EDiot wrote:The trailer was nicely done, and the new CGs and sprites are cool, however, I really don't think the trailer fits the theme(?) of the game, or the medium. While the game is very mellow and relaxing to play, the trailer is amped and in-your-face. And when you take into consideration that the game is a VN, the effect ends up being "Ah, yes, well these are some exciting... spinning... static images."
What do you mean, "it's not awesome"?
I've seen plenty of trailers for VNs that are amped up like this to give rise to something relaxing. But we all have to admit we still have no idea how the rest of the story plays out so it very easily could get more hyped up in presentation than the first act leads some to believe. Referencing one of my favorite VNs, Snow Sakura, I can still see KS running that way.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

3D effects that actually have anti-aliasing, now THAT is something!

It always seems like whenever those crazy Japanese do some cool 3D stuff, they NEVER use anti-aliasing. Glad to see you're not following their example!
Katawa Shoujo's resident straight male kuutsundere.
(because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

snake_in_a_box

Post by snake_in_a_box »

Immense cocktease right there, and I'm loving it.

A trailer hasn't made me this excited for a game since Portal 2! Great job.

Also, overalls Rin HNNNNG
I lied.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

The impression I got while reading 24 was that the devs are doing each other's betatesting.
So I don't think they are looking for additional betatesters at all. They are keeping the story under wraps quite efficiently so far. No way they'd risk leaking the content by having half a dozen additional betatesters.

Oh and very good work on the trailer. I really enjoyed.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Sure was a whole lotta spinny, spinnny going on there and it was rapid fire too. I do wonder how much of the choices for that were stylistic and how much it was to try to hide the teasers? I liked the pseudo 3-d effect you got with the images as you rotated them. Anyway, it sure was a treat to watch. :mrgreen:
If it had kept up another 15 seconds I think I'd have to take medication for motion sickness though. :oops:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Doc Forrest

Post by Doc Forrest »

Loved it when I saw it at the panel.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Mirage_GSM wrote:The impression I got while reading 24 was that the devs are doing each other's betatesting.
So I don't think they are looking for additional betatesters at all. They are keeping the story under wraps quite efficiently so far. No way they'd risk leaking the content by having half a dozen additional betatesters.
Yep, a betatester is supposed to to put serious effort into focusing on finding overlooked bits and make observations that contribute to tweaking the project. If they can't or won't do that then they are just an "early-release leach" and a risk to spill the beans. Which would NOT be cool at all.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Astyanax

Post by Astyanax »

Definite kudos to all the artists, and to Juno and delta! I'm embarrassed to admit how many times I've played the video... :p
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, I can be VERY nitpicky, if you want me to, but I have no illusion that the devs would trust some guy on the internet, who has only been on these forums for about two months ;-)
Also, I'm looking forward to experiencing the game in its finished version. I'll get to work with the script files soon enough...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

I like the bit with Yamaku and the fireworks the best. Nice touch there.

One thing I did notice: that image of Lilly seemed to be her sprite (albeit against a background I don't think we've seen) rather than a CG like everyone else...
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Watching the trailer again, I think this is the 6th time, I have com to the decision of having Rin officially tied with Hanako. Overalls with paint on them...HNNNNNNNG. You devs tempt me, you utterly do.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
OtakuMegane

Post by OtakuMegane »

Epicness :D

Emi is starting to look quite appealing. Love the music too; would be awesome having that made into a longer song.
Lilly > Hanako > Misha > Yuuko > Emi > Rin > Shizune

<OtakuMegane> sdfgegervdrtt456rth?
<A22> who are you
<A22> yeah fuck it you have otaku in your name
<A22> the dislike just comes naturally
<OtakuMegane> :D
<A22> shu tup