Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
luinthoron

Re: 24

Post by luinthoron »

[classified information]
Well, hello there, Mikuru-chan! :D
delta uploads the fix and 11 H CG variations for Lilly path that he had lying around.
Because, obviously, you just have these things lying around. :lol:
Instead of working on the artpiece I asked him to, it seems climatic was drawing boobs.
It's Hanako. All is forgiven. :)
pimmy not logged in

Post by pimmy not logged in »

because oekaki applications are awesome
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

No, it's 'cause y'all suck.

I mean christ, you've got a website, a forum, a shimmie, and now an oekaki. What's next, a wiki? Oh wait, I know, how about a videogame!

Y'all suck.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

My thoughts exactly.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

We have a wiki, we just never use it becuase we are too busy doing other stuff.

In b4 Aura tells me I am the dev they were discussing at 0823. If so then I plan to work on it next weekend. I have a whole weekend scheduled for.... all that stuff.

Also [Classified information] is as cool as fuck.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

I really wish we used the documentation more. Even today's clusterfuck could've been avoided with some. I know it's not realistic though, we'd need one or two people who literally do nothing else except keep tabs on everything.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

I think most devs try to keep tabs on everything. It's just that timezones and chinese whispers make it largely impossible.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Documentation is one of those things that everyone really has to work hard to do.

As soon as one person lets down the team the whole empire crumbles. And the worst thing is that sometimes that single person doesn't realise that it will be a problem.

So we don't feel so bad I can say that this happens across the board in pretty much everywhere I've seen try to use any kind of documentation....
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

I don't know what you're talking about suriko. I've given up keeping tabs on everything ages ago.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

I just want to say that was pretty damn cool. and it should show the people who say that the game's never going to come out that yes, it is, because you guys are clearly putting in a lot of work, it's not like someone says "hey, I finished this, look at it" once a week and that's all that gets done. and I think the part about how climatic works better with minimal direction was awesome. :mrgreen: don't really know why.

also: drawing boobs when you're supposed to be drawing something else? almost always forgivable.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.

Post by Guest »

> pngcrush

pngcrush is just a frontend for libpng and zlib which just bruteforces some options. Said libraries are designed for speed, not high compression. I don't know why it has such a good reputation, because it's more or less the worst utility you could use for making PNGs smaller.

Other implementations with actually better deflate compressors are AdvanceCOMP (this uses 7-zip's) and PNGOUT (which is the indisputable champion, but also the slowest). Using this one effectively requires an experienced operator to set the block split threshold and the right color and filtering types, but it'll beat pngcrush for sure.

That said, you're usually looking at gains in the low teens percent, specially for "photorealistic"/smooth pictures, so while it's nice it won't save your ass.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

cpl_crud wrote: In b4 Aura tells me I am the dev they were discussing at 0823. If so then I plan to work on it next weekend. I have a whole weekend scheduled for.... all that stuff.

Also [Classified information] is as cool as fuck.
Man, I thought it was me.

Also [Classified information] is, in fact, cool as fuck.
Burial_By_Fire

Post by Burial_By_Fire »

Caesius wrote:No, it's 'cause y'all suck.

I mean christ, you've got a website, a forum, a shimmie, and now an oekaki. What's next, a wiki? Oh wait, I know, how about a videogame!

Y'all suck.
U mad?

Anyway: Had no idea that a weekend for the Dev team was so intricate. Keep it coming. Will download full version. Promise.
ze spy

Post by ze spy »

How can you download it if it never comes out?
"That weird motherfucker"
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Burial_By_Fire wrote:
Caesius wrote:No, it's 'cause y'all suck.

Y'all suck.
U mad?
Naw mang I was just trollin'.

I think the oekaki will turn out to be a good idea as long as it gets regular use. It's just one more thing to check, and it's not like I need to clutter up my bookmarks or anything 'cause whenever I want to get to the blog, for example, I just type "blog" (for blogspot) in the address bar. Now in addition to that, "ks," and "shimmie" I'll just be randomly typing "oekaki."