Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Delta is Kiefer Sutherland in real life.

http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... -life.html
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Csihar

Re: 24

Post by Csihar »

Holy shit, you guys actually do things. :shock:
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

The degree of activity is less surprising than the sheer duration. You guys spend a not-insignificant chunk of your time on this each day, assuming this is a somewhat typical day or even somewhat above average.

I mean, we kinda expect that, but considering you aren't making any money on this, dayumn.

Thanks?
Aura wrote:1:05am IRC: I ask for a round of feedback for [classified information] because it's close to being completed and because of its curious nature it's very important that nobody comes up with a critical clusterfuck flaw AFTER it's called final. Delta and climatic give feedback and I make note of it.
inb4 Hisao's penis size
Riagrdo

Post by Riagrdo »

Well it isn't the most active of days but it was fun to read this post.
Seriously though, I think most of your discussions are just plain fun I'd probably waste a lot of time loling if I was involved in the project.

So... Best of luck and do keep up the lazy yet awesome work = :P
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

delta uploads the fix and 11 H CG variations for Lilly path that he had lying around

Now there's some interesting info...
Bara

Post by Bara »

All in all, a really interesting peek behind the curtains into the flow of one random day of 4LS. Of course the thing that really made me smile was the observation at the end that the Blog post only reflects work done that was discussed among the Devs. It doesn't reflect anything any Devs tried and discarded without even bringing up in discussion. In the real world, two steps forward for one step back would be a killer progress ratio. :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Jesus Christ you people work hard.

Also, Emi saying perverted is a strange concept, but she would say that kind of thing. I think.

Scene R18? Either that's a very meta joke or Rin's just got a little coinciding.

Aura, for the love of god, please tell me you're getting sleep/eating right. This kind of day looks a little packed.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
TFH

Post by TFH »

I always find it extremely interesting to see the development process of these kind of projects "behind the scenes". Thank you for a very interesting post.

Really concerned about the comments about Emi, though. She's my favorite and it's sad to hear about the "frowns all around". :[
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

Can't believe I read all that. I need more stuff to do.

But really... I probably would have given up on this already if I were a developer. After a few weeks I would think it's not worth the trouble. Good job being able to endure stuff like that.
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

is everyday like this?
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

itt: Aura somehow manages to make a software development log mildly interesting!
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

0:56am IRC: While I'm reading through the script of scene L20 trying to get a grasp of delta's dire situation, delta mentions a certain word choice and challenges its usage (<Delta_Kurshiva> does anyone ever say "perverted" IRL?).
--LATER--
Delta is heavily on the side of getting rid of any "animeisms" as he calls them,
I have to say I missed the memo on this. Perverted is not like some sort of Japanese loan word. I am kind of glad I have no idea what he's talking about.
Last edited by whiteflags on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
X is scientifically proven to Y.
Escalator

Post by Escalator »

whiteflags wrote:
I have to say I missed the memo on this. Perverted is not like some sort of Japanese loan word, and I am kind of glad I have no idea what he's talking about.

It's the sort of thing you don't usually hear in real life, but it's everywhere in animes. Like, say, 'it can't be helped'.
Edit: Assuming you don't watch in the original japanese, of course.
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

That's my whole point. Whole words and phrases aren't about to become archaic just because they may have been in an anime subtitle too many times. That's stupid, and only relevant to the anime microcosm.
X is scientifically proven to Y.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

"Perverted" is thrown around a little more in Japanese than English, it seems, but it doesn't sound particularly awkward. In conversational American English I'd say something like "dirty" or "perv/pervy" would probably be a little more common.

If you're talking about the commonness of "baka" vs "stupid/idiot," though, that's another story.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.