Katawa Shoujo at Comiket 88

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
sporkaganza

Re: Katawa Shoujo at Comiket 88

Post by sporkaganza »

I don't know too much about the Japanese otaku community or Comiket, but from what little I do know I'm pretty sure selling copies of something you sold at Comiket online would probably be considered bad form. I'm not totally sure how it works and I could be wrong, but the vibe I get is that if you're selling something at Comiket it really ought to be exclusive - at least for a while. Given that they put up a couple of the art books online, it's probably ok, but I'd imagine you'd wanna at least wait a few months. Otherwise someone who put in the effort to actually go to the event in person to get the merch might feel ripped off.
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

sporkaganza wrote:I don't know too much about the Japanese otaku community or Comiket, but from what little I do know I'm pretty sure selling copies of something you sold at Comiket online would probably be considered bad form. I'm not totally sure how it works and I could be wrong, but the vibe I get is that if you're selling something at Comiket it really ought to be exclusive - at least for a while. Given that they put up a couple of the art books online, it's probably ok, but I'd imagine you'd wanna at least wait a few months. Otherwise someone who put in the effort to actually go to the event in person to get the merch might feel ripped off.
It could be considered bad form but that rarely stops people. Everything has appeared online but the hardcopies...that's the real gold that...has never been found.

And if that means that I can get my own hardcopy 4-5 years down the line for $500 then so be it. Just a shame I couldn't get to Japan in time...

They apparently nearly sold out on copies. It HAS to be somewhere on the internet, has to be.

Now the endless lifetime hunt begins...
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

sporkaganza wrote:I don't know too much about the Japanese otaku community or Comiket, but from what little I do know I'm pretty sure selling copies of something you sold at Comiket online would probably be considered bad form. I'm not totally sure how it works and I could be wrong, but the vibe I get is that if you're selling something at Comiket it really ought to be exclusive - at least for a while. Given that they put up a couple of the art books online, it's probably ok, but I'd imagine you'd wanna at least wait a few months. Otherwise someone who put in the effort to actually go to the event in person to get the merch might feel ripped off.
Yeah, no. A lot of doujin sold at Comiket are also sold through stores like Toranoana, Melonbooks, and Comic ZIN, in some cases days in advance of Comiket itself. There's no real expectation of exclusivity.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Rice-chan wrote:http://shop.kawasoft.fr/en/visual-novel ... ndard.html
I'm not sure if this is a hard copy but it might be since 4LS did a post on it a few years back.
It's legit.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

ArcCain wrote:
Rice-chan wrote:http://shop.kawasoft.fr/en/visual-novel ... ndard.html
I'm not sure if this is a hard copy but it might be since 4LS did a post on it a few years back.
It's legit.
You sure?

Screenshots in french, description in english..."StandART" edition?

Seems off to me
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Kawa-soft did the French translation if I remember correctly, plus I gave it a try and got one in the mail. "Standart" is probably just a pun. If it wasn't legit I think Aura or Suriko would have said so.

For more info: http://kawasoft.fr/english-information-page/
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

ArcCain wrote:Kawa-soft did the French translation if I remember correctly, plus I gave it a try and got one in the mail. "Standart" is probably just a pun. If it wasn't legit I think Aura or Suriko would have said so.

I'd love offical word on it, in any case.

Before I desperately order one...
FeroxAnima

Post by FeroxAnima »

Sohtak wrote:
ArcCain wrote:Kawa-soft did the French translation if I remember correctly, plus I gave it a try and got one in the mail. "Standart" is probably just a pun. If it wasn't legit I think Aura or Suriko would have said so.

I'm definitely not official word, but when I bought my own copy about two years ago, I asked the same thing you're asking right now. Attaching official word reply:
thingy.png
thingy.png (8.42 KiB) Viewed 13408 times
As I said, I got my own copy about two years ago and it's nice and cute. It seems that regardless of how hard I throw my money, it just never reaches 4LS... but hey, a Katawa Shoujo hardcopy is crazy satisfying on its own merits, so... I certainly recommend it. :P

On another note, this seems to be a good time for someone to invent teleportation systems that will enable cheap and instant transportation between anywhere and Japan. Specifically, between anywhere and the 4LS tables in Japanese conventions.
Take note, scientist readers of the KS forums.
:cry:
"May the Force be ever in your favor."
Effie-Wan Trinoby

If you happen to have a spare copy of the Midwinter artbook for sale, I'd be grateful if you let me know :D

That one day was a good one.
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

FeroxAnima wrote:
Sohtak wrote:

I'm definitely not official word, but when I bought my own copy about two years ago, I asked the same thing you're asking right now. Attaching official word reply:
thingy.png
As I said, I got my own copy about two years ago and it's nice and cute. It seems that regardless of how hard I throw my money, it just never reaches 4LS... but hey, a Katawa Shoujo hardcopy is crazy satisfying on its own merits, so... I certainly recommend it. :P

On another note, this seems to be a good time for someone to invent teleportation systems that will enable cheap and instant transportation between anywhere and Japan. Specifically, between anywhere and the 4LS tables in Japanese conventions.
Take note, scientist readers of the KS forums.
:cry:

Hmm, Duly noted...

And yes, I'm really holding out for a hardcopy from Comiket...really hoping SOMETHING appears online. Don't care what it costs I want it. But if I can't have it I guess I'll have to get that one..

They have gone to Comiket 3 times in one year. Hardcopies each time...There has to be SOME PLACE that sells it...because it certainly isn't Ebay.JP
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

General reminder that we'll be at Comitia 113 on 30th of August, table space S31b. Hardcopies and Dangerous for sale.

Of particular interest, Tia's Magazine, the official event magazine, wrote an article on KS for its newest number. Quite an honor.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Aura wrote:Of particular interest, Tia's Magazine, the official event magazine, wrote an article on KS for its newest number. Quite an honor.
Do you have a link?
danfs

Post by danfs »

ArcCain wrote:
Aura wrote:Of particular interest, Tia's Magazine, the official event magazine, wrote an article on KS for its newest number. Quite an honor.
Do you have a link?
In English if possible, because I did found one, but in Japanese a-a
"Life is not nice, it's limited. An imperfect blink of an eye on the infinite immensity of the universe"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

ArcCain wrote:
Do you have a link?
Link to what? It's a magazine, a physical item. I know about the review because the KS translation team mentioned it in a recent blog post: http://katawashoujo-ja.blogspot.fi/2015/08/113_29.html
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Heads up, Weee's put the Comiket 88 artbook up on the Medicalwhiskey online store.

http://medicalwhiskey.com/store/Product ... product=78
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Aura wrote:Link to what? It's a magazine, a physical item. I know about the review because the KS translation team mentioned it in a recent blog post: http://katawashoujo-ja.blogspot.fi/2015/08/113_29.html
I assumed they had the article posted online as well, and that you might know of where.
Suriko wrote:Heads up, Weee's put the Comiket 88 artbook up on the Medicalwhiskey online store.

http://medicalwhiskey.com/store/Product ... product=78
Thanks, Suriko. :)