Katawa Shoujo 1.3.1 released and the end of support

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
jiny09

Re: Katawa Shoujo 1.3.1 released and the end of support

Post by jiny09 »

So is 4LS done now? Like, you guys are just going to end it with one book? I personally would have liked a "Where are they now" kind of the thing for the story, but hey, that's just me. But if you aren't going to die off, here's a little inspiration for your next game: http://rule34.paheal.net/post/view/1081 ... enji_Setou
Mirrusglz

Post by Mirrusglz »

I've upgraded my Katawa Shoujo game, but all my saved data has been erased. What can I do?
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Mirrusglz wrote:I've upgraded my Katawa Shoujo game, but all my saved data has been erased. What can I do?
Play it again!
Not Dead Yet
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Oddball wrote:Play it again!
Hehe, I have been having the same ideas. Oh, I really need to replay KS.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Thrawnmulus

Post by Thrawnmulus »

I know the game is free and I love it to bits, but it still feels unfinished in the art department, I mean that scene where you have lunch with Emi and Rin, Rin is a fully finished and refined model with proper shading and shadows while Emil looks like a colored in 3rd/4th sketch. Again, I adore it, and the animated segments (especially the hospital intro)look amazing, but I just think the models needed a little more love. If there is a fan patch or anything that refines certain models I'd like to have a link.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Fan patches are not allowed, in accordance to the license we released KS under.

Also I'm not sure, but you seem to be wrongly assuming that the character sprites or event CG were modelled using some kind of 3D rendering? As far as I know, that is not the case.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Thrawnmulus

Post by Thrawnmulus »

No, I didn't mean for it to sound like I thought 3d rendering was used, I was just noting the stark difference between how unfinished some of the models felt compared to how Rin especially felt.
but as far as I can tell the reason this is was to make the cinematics as good as possible, and boy are they.
DerailedOmegaMale

Post by DerailedOmegaMale »

4LS? Are you still out there?
It would be really nice if you'd take another "5 minutes" to make a version with all adult content removed. Lots of VN developers do it as a rule rather than an exception and provide a separate adult patch for those who are interested. Why didn't you do that? That would make the sharing a lot easier in certain situations.
And that shouldn't be such a big deal for you to do that because the switch to disable the adult content is already available inside the game. All you need to do is to permanently turn that switch on and delete all the picture files that contain nudity (or just turn them black to be absolutely sure that the game doesn't break).
The only reason why we (the fans) can't do it by ourselves is the ND-part in the Creative Commons BY-NC-ND License that you use. Technically changing something inside the game isn't THAT hard even for the fans, since the RenPy engine is OpenSource.
DerailedOmegaMale

Post by DerailedOmegaMale »

Or at least give us an exceptional permission to do that. I'd gladly do it myself if I had it.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Yes, we are still out there. No, we haven't changed our minds about an all-ages version.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.