thought and feedback after playing a bit of katawa shoujo

For all feedback on our releases in all languages.
Faceless face

thought and feedback after playing a bit of katawa shoujo

Post by Faceless face »

Hello
I played two paths all ready and i want to put some of my opinions and thoughts down before i call it a day...

I played Hanako's path and Lilly's path and enjoyed my time with the game and i glad I found out about it (I'm planning on playing Rin's path tomorrow)
I over all enjoyed katawa shoujo alot,even when it gave me some bad feeling I cant say I regret playing the game,really happy I found out about this VN

But the main reason I'm here is because some of the stuff that bugged me so ill just say that before i start talking nonesence.

Hanako's path felt to me a bit...well...unfinished? kind of?
I realize that the focus is about hanako's problems more then the romantic aspect of things,but i cant help to feel like I want to see more,just when they started to have any kind of relation it just ends.
it also felt (at least to me) a bit short (compare to Lilly's route),I think I would have like it to extend after the good ending into enouther short path,maybe 2 acts of their relation and stuff,I do get that the main problem in her route is solved but I'm sure there are more things that can be solved there and it could have been extended,Hanako while being my favorite character kind of felt a bit hollow,because as I said,we barely get to know her before the path ends.
Also the H-scene was REALLY unneeded and maybe a little out of hanako's character in my opinion.

Lilly's path was a lot longer in comparison,maybe too long,I did enjoy her route,not as much as hanako's route but it was still good.
Every thing is pretty much fine except 3 things
1:It felt to me like some where in act 4 it became stale,I cant point out when exactly but I think its about when Lilly having to go problem comes into play
2:The fact she had to go annoyed me,there is nothing to do about it because its a big part of the plot,but the fact she wanted hisao to never leave her and then she say she has to leave him felt to me really off and it kept annoying me from that point till the end of the route which really kind of killed it for me,even when the game and even myself started to say that it partly hisao's fault,i couldn't help but be mad at Lilly,maybe she is just not my cup of tea after all? (pun intended)
3:oh and 3 H-scene are away too much,2 are more then enough in my opinion (they didn't serve any really purpose too,they could have been re written to be have some kind of development but what ever)

But over all (as I said before) I did enjoy the game and this two paths,if you agree with anything I said I would like to hear it
(if you ask why I only said negative things its because that's the main reason I'm here,i couldn't fall asleep because I was too busy thinking about it)
stateside

Re: thought and feedback after playing a bit of katawa shouj

Post by stateside »

As someone who has spent time in Asia and have relatives in Korea the usage of Western style name order seems rather Jarring and out of place for a Japanese setting.

As someone who became disabled in my high school years in a manner that reminds me of Nakai Hisao after a head injury/coma that led to serious epilepsy the hospital stay was portrayed the only way you can...briefly ....although for him also it quite probably took years of experimentation to discover the proper combination of medicines that worked best.....something else that had to be glossed over.

the portrayals of and interactions with disabled kids was tastefully done although rather fanciful.

but the movies in general make everyone seem nicer and look prettier than in real life because it is a release from real life and I have known quite a few
disabled people who were attractive and like everyone else in life they do their best to look their best and find someone in life so maybe this game isn't really that far off....I just with there were more schools like the fictional Yamaku that could cater to disabled in general.....those that do are expensive, rare and specific....blind only...etc.
Mirage_GSM

Re: thought and feedback after playing a bit of katawa shouj

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Hanako's path felt to me a bit...well...unfinished? kind of?
I realize that the focus is about hanako's problems more then the romantic aspect of things,but i cant help to feel like I want to see more,just when they started to have any kind of relation it just ends.
Well, yes. That's when the story that this VN wants to tell is over.
After that what follows is Slice of Life which is a whole different genre.
Also the H-scene was REALLY unneeded and maybe a little out of hanako's character in my opinion.
On the contrary: Hanako's H-scene is the only H-scene in the whole VN that the story absolutely wouldn't work without, and it establishes a few important things about her character.
I agree about Lilly's H-scenes, though.

If you absolutely want a continuation of Hanako's path - and have lots and lots of time - I point you towards the fanfiction section and to "Sisterhood" in particular. You'll have to endure quite a few more H-scenes, though. :-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.