A summary of my experience with Katawa Shoujo

For all feedback on our releases in all languages.
EzeCoyote

A summary of my experience with Katawa Shoujo

Post by EzeCoyote »

yes, I registered pretty much just to share this, but I'm an avid forumgoer so chance is I'll stick around at least for a little bit.

On a more serious note from that there video, I seriously love this game. It awakens emotions in a way that an ordinary book or movie can not. I can truly feel what the main character feels, not just relate to it.
And that takes some Grade A storywriting.

All of my love.
pandaphil

Re: A summary of my experience with Katawa Shoujo

Post by pandaphil »

Welcome aboard!

That was a cute little video. Well, except maybe for the "Fuck you Emi" part. Dude, seriously?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
EzeCoyote

Post by EzeCoyote »

pandaphil wrote:Welcome aboard!

That was a cute little video. Well, except maybe for the "Fuck you Emi" part. Dude, seriously?
Thanks!

And yes, seriously. She was pretty much the polar opposite of me and I just knew being on the track would be a waste of my time.
And she almost gave me a heart attack.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

EzeCoyote wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Welcome aboard!

Thanks!

And yes, seriously. She was pretty much the polar opposite of me and I just knew being on the track would be a waste of my time.
And she almost gave me a heart attack.
Well to be fair, you almost have a heart attack with most of the girls at one point or another.

And its your own fault for 'going for it'. :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
EzeCoyote

Post by EzeCoyote »

pandaphil wrote:And its your own fault for 'going for it'. :)
How is it my fault when she's the one who bumped into me, running through a school corridor completely dismissing the rules almost killing me

>:C
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

EzeCoyote wrote:
How is it my fault when she's the one who bumped into me, running through a school corridor completely dismissing the rules almost killing me

Ah sorry. Thought you meant at the track. :)

Hey, accidents happen.
Dream

Post by Dream »

EzeCoyote wrote:

Extremely short and non-insightful video aside, i do have to agree with the fact that scene is extremely jarring. Not only on the fact that Emi should know really bad things could happen if she just runs through the hallways, but also on the fact that both Lilly and Shizune just let it go like that, and imply that they let her do that regularly.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
EzeCoyote

Post by EzeCoyote »

Dream wrote:Extremely short and non-insightful video aside
Videos such as this one are typically interpreted as "jokes". You might've heard of them.

If you want me to write a 10-page essay on why I thought it was good, I would.
Dream

Post by Dream »

EzeCoyote wrote:
Dream wrote:Extremely short and non-insightful video aside
Videos such as this one are typically interpreted as "jokes". You might've heard of them.

If you want me to write a 10-page essay on why I thought it was good, I would.
It barely works on Cracked, it isn't going to work here. I don't care if it's a joke, i tend to come for the feedback expecting serious feedback, not humour.

I don't really want to make you write such an essay, but if you want to and feel you have the time/energy for it, feel free to do so.

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
EzeCoyote

Post by EzeCoyote »

Dream wrote:It barely works on Cracked, it isn't going to work here. I don't care if it's a joke, i tend to come for the feedback expecting serious feedback, not humour.

I don't really want to make you write such an essay, but if you want to and feel you have the time/energy for it, feel free to do so.
I didn't put the thread here, I put it originally in Fan Works, but it was moved to feedback. I didn't look at it as feedback when I made it, I looked at it as a joke.

So don't blame me, blame the moderators.

I'd write. In fact, it could probably be a good project for English class, I recall having to make a review/argumentative essay there. We'll see.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Sorry to come down on you so hard, or to seem to lack a sense of humor. Just a lot of us are a bit over protective and sensitive about the game and its characters.
EzeCoyote

Post by EzeCoyote »

pandaphil wrote:Sorry to come down on you so hard, or to seem to lack a sense of humor. Just a lot of us are a bit over protective and sensitive about the game and its characters.
No worries. Just think people should take a video like this a bit more lightly, since that was it's intention.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

That made me smile :D

Fine choice in women my friend. Though, who could hate Emi? She's the second most adorable thing ever! (You obviously know who the first most adorable thing ever is.)

Still, cute little video that's good for the lulz.
Dream

Post by Dream »

pandaphil wrote:Sorry to come down on you so hard, or to seem to lack a sense of humor. Just a lot of us are a bit over protective and sensitive about the game and its characters.
I don't know if i appreciate that, since i don't feel i'm overprotective of the game. He might have praised the game and i would have said the same.

In any case, i owe you an apology EzeCoyote, the idea that the mods might have moved it didn't even cross my mind.

EzeCoyote

Post by EzeCoyote »

Dream wrote:
I don't know if i appreciate that, since i don't feel i'm overprotective of the game. He might have praised the game and i would have said the same.
In any case, i owe you an apology EzeCoyote, the idea that the mods might have moved it didn't even cross my mind.
Don't worry about it. Nobody got hurt, so it's all in the past!

KeiichiO wrote:That made me smile :D
Fine choice in women my friend. Though, who could hate Emi? She's the second most adorable thing ever! (You obviously know who the first most adorable thing ever is.)
Still, cute little video that's good for the lulz.
Thanks!
And well, to be quite honest, I just needed filler to make the video a bit funnier. I know Emi isn't THAT bad but I couldn't think of reasons to truly dislike any other character, so all I could gather was "she almost killed me". Rin was just boring, Lilly was pretty neutral, and every other character was just too much off the side to really matter. And yes, I did play through Rin's arc and I realize her feelings but contrary to popular opinion, nobodys story truly hit me as hard emotionally as Hanakos. The only way I could properly relate to Rin was her affection for art, but in Hanako it was just constant matching. :)