Katawa Shoujo Discussion

For all feedback on our releases in all languages.
ArcCain

Re: Katawa Shoujo Discussion

Post by ArcCain »

"As you all know, Lilly's previous school was an all-girl one.

So this means... girls have confessed to her."
Attachments
Lilly 59.png
Lilly 59.png (225.1 KiB) Viewed 7115 times
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

That's pretty likely. Lilly probably broke more hearts than any other of the main girls, thought thankfully she's also the one who possesses the best people-skills so she probably did a better job at turning others down than Shizune did.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Yep. Young, impressionable teenaged girls with no guys around. I can see them confusing admiration with love.

As I recall, Lilly had something of a crush on her English teacher as well.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

It was her tutor actually. She turned those other confessions down purely for him despite knowing confessing to him was out of the question due to the age difference and teacher/student relationship.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Guest Poster wrote:It was her tutor actually. She turned those other confessions down purely for him despite knowing confessing to him was out of the question due to the age difference and teacher/student relationship.
Wait what? Can you confirm this my friend?
brythain

Post by brythain »

ArcCain wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:It was her tutor actually. She turned those other confessions down purely for him despite knowing confessing to him was out of the question due to the age difference and teacher/student relationship.
Wait what? Can you confirm this my friend?
Lilly Route, Act 4:

Lilly and Hisao are sharing confidences.

L: "When I moved to Yamaku, I did regret losing the friends I'd had at my other school."
L: "But there was one person whom I most regretted not seeing again. He was the reason I took up English as a future career."

“He?” Considering she came from an all-girls school, that can't have been a schoolmate then…

L: "I rejected the confessions I'd received until then for him. Every time I improved my English skills, his praise was my most treasured reward."
L: "It's funny, isn't it? Someone like me, able to boast about the people who have set eyes on me, liking someone so utterly unattainable as my tutor."
L: "It truly is the most ridiculous thing…"

H: "Did you…?"

She quickly shakes her head from side to side.

L: "I couldn't. Even then, I knew it was impossible."

A silence reigns over both of us.
This does seem to explain her ardent focus on her future in teaching English, but I can't help thinking of her confession to me.
She lost him without ever letting her feelings be known… did she somehow fear that would happen again, but with me?
I don't really know what to make of it. I've heard of such relationships before; taboos born of such things as puberty and youth.
The fact that she had the good judgment not to act on it, though, is heartening.

And there you have it.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Huh, I had completely forgotten that part. Thanks!