This game is a beautiful thing.

For all feedback on our releases in all languages.
jacksgrin

This game is a beautiful thing.

Post by jacksgrin »

So, I registered just to post this.
First of all, I don't know any of you, but THANK YOU.
A little background on me.
Being a male with SAD, I start to feel kind of numb and sad during the winter. It happens around this time every year because of a really bad divorce my parents went through 6 years ago and a crippling depression and suicidal tendency that left me emotionally and physically scarred. I run every spring and summer to keep my mind off of it, but in the winter, I can't run and it hits me like a freight train. Watching my family fall apart when I was in high school got to me.
On top of that I recently had to start taking medicine every day for Hashimoto's disease because I had Tachycardia. So the main characters thoughts about feeling broken really hit home with me.
Stumbled across this game and became immersed. Writing was excellent. Characters were excellent.
Thought I was just reading an anime or Hentai or something. Then through my decisions I meet Emi -- all of the sudden. FEELS. ALL OF THE FEELS.
I cried. Fuck it, I'll admit it. And you know what? Thank you for that. I had a deep day of introspection, and because I could relate to her, I knew exactly what I needed to say do to get close to her. I KNEW her. And she KNEW me. For once I felt like someone truly understood me. What a feeling, what a refreshing feeling.
And then I realized she wasn't real. That sucked really bad.
But I needed a good cry I guess.
Now I have a waifu
Jack-0, KS devs-1.

Anyone else with similar situations?
ThatOneGamer

Re: This game is a beautiful thing.

Post by ThatOneGamer »

I experienced something very similar.
I also am on pretty heavy medication and just healed (I stopped taking medication on september) from a pretty hard depression that lasted way too long.
I too have a troublesome relationship with family. This made me careful around others and, in that way I feel like I should relate more to Hanako than anybody else in the game.
But I got the Emi's route.
At first I felt disappointed, she didn't seem like "my kind of girl". She seemed outgoing, she seemed way stronger than me, she felt so distant.
But before I knew it, I fell in love. I helped her and stayed with her.
Coming back to reality felt terrible.
So many tears.
For a while.
Hopefully, I recovered after a bit less than a week and now I feel incredible. I started to learn how to play the piano so I can play the soundtracks and started to draw as well.
I can now say that I know what a real relationship is made of. It has nothing to do with what I experienced before. Love is something delicate, honest, and hard. It is a way of engaging life, working together, as human beings. Not as male or female, old or young, shy or outgoing, sick or healthy, disabled or not… Nothing of this matter.
I already knew that, but I never experienced it. Now I know how it feels.

I think that what made those feels so impactful was that I always did what I genuinely thought. I always did what I though was the best thing to do, making the reward in the ending feel very real, very intense. I was rewarded in a relationship, for being myself.
jacksgrin

Re: This game is a beautiful thing.

Post by jacksgrin »

Sometime you need someone to be a foundation for you. To tell you to keep going even if you feel like giving up.
Emi needed that too, even though she didn't know it; she felt like giving up on a serious relationship because the risk was too high, and you had to be steadfast in order to prove that you weren't going anywhere.
I knew right away that she was running from something.
[img]
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/ ... 359059.jpg[/img]