Review or just opinion on game *Light spoilers*

For all feedback on our releases in all languages.
Unmei

Review or just opinion on game *Light spoilers*

Post by Unmei »

This is my first time posting anything like this so don't be too harsh on me.

I've been looking for a while to post a review on this game or atleast just voice my opinion on
Katawa Shojou.

As an avid anime fan I found myself looking for a new romance/slice of life anime to hold me over
(watching a lot of anime I've seem to have watched quiet a good amount of them). So I started
with a new approach and decided to play my first ever VN.

Randomly searching for a good VN I come across Katawa Shoujo on the top of nyaa torrents
and decided to read further into it.

It looked like an interesting game, but to my suprise I get so much more.

A game that has taken a diffrent approach, while not sticking to just random beautiful girls
with little to no personality Katawa Shoujo ("Disability girls" roughly translated from japanese)
has jumped out of the box and into its own world. Personally I could say this game is a
masterpiece. As I know some may disagree with me, but the writing, art, music, and most
important of all the environment is all but perfect.

Once installing this game and giving it a go I found myself playing it for a good 5+ hours on end
with little to no breaks at all. The story had me captivated I just couldn't look away.
Not only the story, but the characters too. Each character I came to love on a personal level
after getting to know each one. Although I could say that I was most touched by Lilly's story
(Crying on more than one occasion) I was entranced on how a character could develop and how
I could come to love someone so much.

There was a part during the Lilly arch that I will never forget. Lilly asks Hisao if he dreams
in color, his reply to this would evidentlly be "yes". She then goes on to explain that since
being born blind she dreams with her other senses sight, taste, touch, and smell.

Overall I can't praise Katawa Shoujo much more than I have, the game was a masterpiece and will
always be something I remember.
ThistlewickVII

Re: Review or just opinion on game *Light spoilers*

Post by ThistlewickVII »

Hanako's arc was the first I played.
Within the first minutes where he was in the hospital,
I knew this game was going to change me.
The sheer emotion I could feel with each word...
The music was stunning, the visuals perfect, and the story...
I got her good ending and cried for the first time since I was hit by a car at 11.
To be honest, it's been 2 days now since I stayed up all night reading it,
but I can't stop thinking about it. It's changed me.

You are perfectly right saying it is a masterpiece.
But I feel not even that is good enough to describe it.
Everyone should play this once they reach 15/16.
It would make the world a better place.
Became a better person because of KS. But I was pretty awesome to begin with.
Contender to be the Last Sane Man in an Insane World.
Likes Dogs.