A Few Nitpicks

For all feedback on our releases in all languages.
Hisao Nakai

A Few Nitpicks

Post by Hisao Nakai »

Hiya! So far I've completed Act 1, and the good-ending paths for Lilly, Hanako, Emi, and Rin. Only Shizune left to go, then the other endings.

Awesome game! I'm totally addicted! However, I have a few points that I wish had been addressed a bit more, just voicing my opinion.

1) Lilly's path went further in the relationship than any others.
Lilly is obviously my favorite character (my sig and avatar :lol: ), but I feel that the other characters could not compare for an obvious reason. Suriko, great job on Lilly's path. I found the others to be a bit less than I hoped for. Lilly had far more plot points, so I couldn't really give any of the other characters the attention they deserved.

2) Hanako was better in Lilly's path?
Good points were raised about this one, so I'll take it off the list.

3) What happens next?!
In each of the paths I've completed, they ended with Hisao and X being together, right before leaving high school, but what happens next?! I would've liked to have seen how their lives together went a bit further into the future. Maybe even a sequel that goes further would be great.

4) What, no Micki?!
I was sad to see that there was another female character, that WE DON'T GET TO PERSUE!! And to be honest, she was hotter than all the others, except maybe Lilly. <3 There have been a few fan-made scenes about her, why not give her a path?

5) Misha?!
So, after obtaining 100% completion, I've got to say that I loved the sex scene with Misha in Shizune's bad path. Of course, however, she's nothing without the drills. Also, only 1 sex scene with Misha? :( She's a bigger character than that.

6) This really upsets me.
Q: Will there be a fandisc, sequel, or prequel to Katawa Shoujo?
A: No. There will be no other work in any way related to Katawa Shoujo.
That's extremely upsetting. Katawa Shoujo was such a great game. It would be a real shame to just leave it at that. A sequel would be amazing, to show the relationships as they move on to the next level, but even just a patch with a Misha route and a Miki route would suffice. :lol:

Anyway, just my ranting. I love the game!

Please, please, please consider continuing the series!
Last edited by Hisao Nakai on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
100% Completion - I <3 Lilly! - Where's the Miki Route?
GaseousMask

Re: A Few Nitpicks

Post by GaseousMask »

Hisao? What are you doing on these forums? Get off Hanako's computer >:O
Last edited by GaseousMask on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hisao Nakai

Post by Hisao Nakai »

GaseousMask wrote:Hisao? Would are you doing on these forums? Get off Hanako's computer >:O
:lol: I was so surprised this username wasn't taken!
hickwarrior

Post by hickwarrior »

Hmm... about Hanako's route, I guess it's because the relationship between Hisao and Hanako is very different. I'm not sure if you noticed, although it's hard not to, but Hisao's relationship with Hanako was more akin to that of a Father-Child relationship. At least that's what I got when the birthday comes around and both Lilly and Hisao give her a present. Hisao feels warmth from such an occasion and I'm pretty sure Lilly feels so too.

With that said, though, did you know that you should be worrying about Hanako in Lilly's route? I think that's another part that emphasises Hisao's and Lilly's relationship with Hanako. And because of that, she actually has 'parents', to use the term loosely. And maybe because of that, she actually opens up more.

Okay, so with that said, the relationship in Hanako's route. I'm not sure if these are spoilers, but I'm going to black them out regardless.

If you haven't guessed, whatever route you take, you tend to end up with a girl. Or not, depending on the ending, but I won't go there. Anyway, in this route, the relationship is different. While not exactly close friends, you notice that Hisao seems to give a more personal present, as well as choosing a present for Hanako, because Lilly asked Hisao to choose one Lilly would give. For some reason, Lilly picked up on what Hisao kind of wanted, and tells Hanako that the presents came from him. I think this does make the relationship different.

Hisao wants to get closer, while Hanako still distances herself from him. Not helped by the fact that she hates Lilly and Hisao breathing down her neck all the time for the sake of 'protection'. But Hisao doesn't realise this, however he does get advice from Lilly on how to deal with it. So, he lets her go for a bit and she eventually comes back to school, much to Hisao's... what's the word?

Now, I'm not sure if I'm telling this in the wrong order, but there's also a scene of Hanako of having a panic attack. Whatever sparked that panic attack is left up in the air. However, the point is that the people in her class get awkward around her because of what happened to her. This makes it harder to really socialize with people and might be the reason why she doesn't socialize as well in her route.

Those're my reasons. Still, I think it's largely because of how the relationship is different in both stories. And because of that, she doesn't seem happier in her own story.
Meh, I just liked how the location sounded in my mind. I'm not really into sailing myself.
Hisao Nakai

Post by Hisao Nakai »

hickwarrior wrote:Hmm... about Hanako's route, I guess it's because the relationship between Hisao and Hanako is very different. I'm not sure if you noticed, although it's hard not to, but Hisao's relationship with Hanako was more akin to that of a Father-Child relationship. At least that's what I got when the birthday comes around and both Lilly and Hisao give her a present. Hisao feels warmth from such an occasion and I'm pretty sure Lilly feels so too.
While that is true, when Hanako has her huge breakdown, and you call Lilly (who's in Scotland), she tells you to treat her as more of a friend than a child. That is one way to get to the good end of Hanako's path. Personally, I like Lilly the best, so I tend to do whatever she tells me to. :mrgreen:
hickwarrior wrote:With that said, though, did you know that you should be worrying about Hanako in Lilly's route? I think that's another part that emphasises Hisao's and Lilly's relationship with Hanako. And because of that, she actually has 'parents', to use the term loosely. And maybe because of that, she actually opens up more.[/spoiler]
I did know that, as I have completed Lilly's route (about 5 times now :P ) That is completely true, but still, I would've thought she'd end up "better" (for lack of a better word) with Hisao as a boyfriend, rather than Hisao with Lilly. Every other character had better endings when they ended up with Hisao.
hickwarrior wrote:Okay, so with that said, the relationship in Hanako's route. I'm not sure if these are spoilers, but I'm going to black them out regardless.

If you haven't guessed, whatever route you take, you tend to end up with a girl. Or not, depending on the ending, but I won't go there. Anyway, in this route, the relationship is different. While not exactly close friends, you notice that Hisao seems to give a more personal present, as well as choosing a present for Hanako, because Lilly asked Hisao to choose one Lilly would give. For some reason, Lilly picked up on what Hisao kind of wanted, and tells Hanako that the presents came from him. I think this does make the relationship different.

Hisao wants to get closer, while Hanako still distances herself from him. Not helped by the fact that she hates Lilly and Hisao breathing down her neck all the time for the sake of 'protection'. But Hisao doesn't realise this, however he does get advice from Lilly on how to deal with it. So, he lets her go for a bit and she eventually comes back to school, much to Hisao's... what's the word?

Now, I'm not sure if I'm telling this in the wrong order, but there's also a scene of Hanako of having a panic attack. Whatever sparked that panic attack is left up in the air. However, the point is that the people in her class get awkward around her because of what happened to her. This makes it harder to really socialize with people and might be the reason why she doesn't socialize as well in her route.

Those're my reasons. Still, I think it's largely because of how the relationship is different in both stories. And because of that, she doesn't seem happier in her own story.
All that I completely agree with. And, reverting back to another point I made in the first post, perhaps she may have ended up happier later, but her path was, in my opinion, cut off too early.

About that, think of Lilly's path for a second. They show Lilly and Hisao dating for a while (mostly because they wanted to add one more plot point in the end; Lilly almost going to Scotland.) I don't see why Hanako's path couldn't be continued to show them adapting to the nature of their new relationship. As you said, the relationship between them is very different. If there was more of a dive into each of their thoughts in the new relationship towards the end, maybe she would've ended up more social.

~Hisao Nakai :D
Eldrazor

Post by Eldrazor »

You have to realise that Lilly's path ends way later than Hanako's path. Hanako's path ends while Lilly is still in Scotland, and if I remember correctly Hanako starts opening up to other people after Lilly returns from Scotland in Lilly's path.