Typos found

For all feedback on our releases in all languages.
griffon8

Typos found

Post by griffon8 »

Yeah, I know, what a shock there are typos.

Anyway, since there doesn't seem to be a thread devoted to all typos, I thought I'd create one. Just in case there's an incremental release to clean up mistakes. :D

My decision on whether or not it's a typo or just the way they talk: if it's Lilly or Shizune speaking/signing, it's a typo. Also if it's Hisao's thoughts, since that can be treated as stuff he wrote down as part of his recollections and edited later. Anyone else, it's just the way they talk, unless it's a homophonic mistake. Even if you think its 'woah', it's really 'whoa'. Also, I'm not dealing with the lay/lie errors, as they are just too common, even with people who should know better.

----------------------------------------

Rin Route:

--------------------

Scene: A Wider Field of Vision
Line: I bend my neck backward too take a look where she is looking. {to, not too}

----------------------------------------

Lilly Route:

--------------------

Scene: The Day After
Line: Hisao: "Woah!"; Lilly: "Ah!" {Whoa, not Woah}
Line: Lilly: "Why did they leave, or why did they invite Akira and I back?" {me, not I; you wouldn't have said, "Why did they invite I back?", right? If in doubt, drop the other noun(s) and use the pronoun for that; BTW this happens a lot in Lilly's Route}
Line: And with that, she disappears behind her door and gently closes it, the muffled voices of she and Hanako audible through it much as they were yesterday night. {her, not she}

Scene: A Brief History of Thyme
Line: Hisao: "Woah. Uh, hey Hanako." {Whoa, not woah}
Line: She gives a short sigh of consternation as I move up, getting the groceries for Hanako and I put into separate bags. {me, not I}
Line: Lilly: "Not really. It was just Hanako and I having a little party during the night after school." {me, not I}
Line: Sounds like a pretty lonely way to spend a birthday, just she and Hanako staying overnight. {her, not she}
Line: In the end, she just has Hanako and I, and Akira when she's off from work. {me, not I}
Line: Indeed, it feels like we've become closer in the past few weeks since I first got to know both she and Hanako. {her, not she}

This is just a start. I have many more to add.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
nemo

Re: Typos found

Post by nemo »

Here's one I found in Hanako's route.

Scene: Cut Petals
Line: Hanako looks at me quizzically. It's at least a better expression than what she's been wearing this far. (Should probably be "thus far" or "so far")

EDIT: I read it a couple more times in the scene and I can see how it makes sense. It was probably just be a difference in English.
kotomikun

Post by kotomikun »

I don't know if differences between woah/whoa, she/her, and me/I are really all that major, even if they're technically wrong, but...

Anyway, there's a definite typo near the end of Rin's route, in the scene "Without Breathing, Without a Sound" where Hisao says "Is an uniform fine?" (should be "a uniform").
zanger

Post by zanger »

griffon8 wrote: Scene: A Brief History of Thyme
Line: Lilly: "Not really. It was just Hanako and I having a little party during the night after school." {me, not I}
Line: Sounds like a pretty lonely way to spend a birthday, just she and Hanako staying overnight. {her, not she}
These are actually grammatically correct the way they are. Just thought I would point that out to you.
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

Nothing you've listed is incorrect, griffon.

I did see a typo somewhere, but I'd be hard-pressed to remember where.

Overall you did very good proofreading.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

zanger wrote:These are actually grammatically correct the way they are.
No, no they are not. Did you read my explanation of pronoun use in line 2 for Lilly's 'The Day After'?

Would "Not really. It was just I having a little party during the night after school" be correct? Of course not. Therefore 'Hanako and I' is incorrect.
Paddy wrote:Nothing you've listed is incorrect, griffon.
I'm a little confused by this statement. Are you saying the originals are correct or are you saying you admire my corrections?
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Griffon8's Writing
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Not sure if there's a proper place to put this other than here so I'll just leave the following:

Scene: United Nations
Line: Misha "Hm~, it's no problem, though, Hicchan~! Shicchan and I can share a room if have to. Well~, unless hers is being used for something else now." There should be the word 'we' between 'if' and 'have'.

Scene: Use-Mention Distinction
Line: Hideaki "Family issues. Our fathers are brothers, and do not like each other." Brothers-in-law. I believe this has been acknowledged by the devs.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
diamondfist

Post by diamondfist »

It seems more like a continuity error than anything and correct me if I am wrong but after having already gone through Lilly's play through I was half way into Hanako's when there was something that was off.

Beginning of the End:

"Anyway, we won't have to call the taxi company, nor worry about missing Lilly's train."

There was never mention of any train, and both before and after that line they were talking about a plane ride to Scotland.
Lilly's play through as well, taxi takes you straight to the airport.
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

griffon8 wrote:No, no they are not. Did you read my explanation of pronoun use in line 2 for Lilly's 'The Day After'?

Would "Not really. It was just I having a little party during the night after school" be correct? Of course not. Therefore 'Hanako and I' is incorrect.
I'm not sure. "To be" takes nominative on either side, "Hanako and I" would be the subject of "having", so either way around, it logically seems that it should be nominative. I have heard many times "It was only I..." in similar contexts, so it may be right despite how it sounds. Were it myself saying that, it would be, "Not really. It was just my having a little party...", but that's probably some British English dialectical thing :P

Anyway, you should probably disregard my nitpicking; most of those are great catches, ones I wouldn't have (and didn't) notice during my playthrough.
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Zorda

Post by Zorda »

Rin, Act 2, line 4883: "You won't get a chance like this again" (lacks period at the end of the sentence).
The dream of the future you see dissolves,
And with time, so does the apprehension.
The world under sun is no exception,
And all you see around you evolves […]
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

dwarduk wrote:Were it myself saying that, it would be, "Not really. It was just my having a little party...", but that's probably some British English dialectical thing :P
Maybe so, because I'd be saying 'it was just me having a little party'.

I really need to get back to this sometime and add the other errors.

Griffon8's Writing
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

griffon8 wrote:
dwarduk wrote:Were it myself saying that, it would be, "Not really. It was just my having a little party...", but that's probably some British English dialectical thing :P
Maybe so, because I'd be saying 'it was just me having a little party'.

I really need to get back to this sometime and add the other errors.
Looking over this again, I'm pretty happy with Lilly's route "mistakes". The (unintentional?) hypercorrections make it seem more proper despite technically being incorrect, and I would now argue that the effect outweighs the grammatical precision. I still can't decide whether "me" or "I" is right in that Lilly one, though. Neither quite fit in my mind...
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Zorda

Post by Zorda »

Rin, Act 2, line 5641: "Umm… ah, welcome to the Shanghai. " (trailing space).
The dream of the future you see dissolves,
And with time, so does the apprehension.
The world under sun is no exception,
And all you see around you evolves […]
foquine

Post by foquine »

Typos/mistakes involving "I" or "Me" are correct. This is just another way to write. You should see how french looks like. 10 times worst than english for this kind of things.

I must go, my planet needs me.
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

I thought typos = mistakes while typing, not grammatical/punctuation errors O.o
$50 says I live more South than all of you