First play through: Hanako's Path

For all feedback on our releases in all languages.
tbendubois

First play through: Hanako's Path

Post by tbendubois »

Hello everyone,

I just finished my first play through of the full version, and I'm happy to say I was moved emotionally by the entirety of Hanako's path.

It's hard to put the emotions to words, but I would like to say I think the writer of the path did a great job being able to keep the ability for personal connection open, which I quite enjoyed. The path showed the development of an immensely emotional and life experience based relationship, which really brought a degree of reality to the game. I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent playing through Act 1, and the continuation into the full game was great. I look forward to experiencing the rest of the paths in this story.

Thank you for putting this out as a free resource. The amount of time people will spend enjoying this is well worth the intellectual and personal commitment all staff members have put into the development of Katawa Shoujo.

Much love,
B
Matte95

Re: First play through: Hanako's Path

Post by Matte95 »

Hanakos arc kinda changed me aswell. Her arc...it...I can't just describe it, so damn good. I usally never cry but in the end of Hanakos story, I let a tear away.
I want to thank Four leaf studios for their work on Hanakos arc; Thank you so much!
I tried to play the game again but with chosing another girl but I can't find it right.
Everytime I think back on Hanakos arc, her story, I feel emotional.
Once again, thank you FourLeaf Studios for that wonderful game! I can clearly say that Hanakos arc was the best story I've ever played...well, read.

peace.
Izzy_t/r

Post by Izzy_t/r »

Hanako's arc to me was very emotional, it showed the love of inner beauty to look past appearances and into the true person. Looking past her scars and not see her a someone fragile, but still as a human being. Quite frequently I think her scars are the best thing about her, hope that doesn't sound weird. :?
Shut up heart! Since when I ever listen to you anyways? .......HHNNNGGG!!!!
ThistlewickVII

Post by ThistlewickVII »

Hanako's arc was the first I played.
Within the first minutes where he was in the hospital,
I knew this game was going to change me.
The sheer emotion I could feel with each word...
The music was stunning, the visuals perfect, and the story...
I got her good ending and cried for the first time since I was hit by a car at 11.
To be honest, it's been 2 days now since I stayed up all night reading it,
but I can't stop thinking about it. It's changed me.
Became a better person because of KS. But I was pretty awesome to begin with.
Contender to be the Last Sane Man in an Insane World.
Likes Dogs.
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar »

Izzy_t/r wrote:Hanako's arc to me was very emotional, it showed the love of inner beauty to look past appearances and into the true person. Looking past her scars and not see her a someone fragile, but still as a human being.
I feel the same way. It made me cry, which is more than I was expecting. I found it to be the most consistently well written of the arcs, with the most character development, and the one I found most emotionally moving. Very well done.
foquine

Post by foquine »

Hanako's way to her good ending was probably the best love story I witnessed in my entire life. All of her story, all of the emotions that I encoutered by living this story are just going to change me forever. I think that the feel is mainly made up by the ambiance, the music. Everytime I start playing, I find myself listening to the main menu music for 10 minutes or so, shivering from all the emotion put in this song.

The first path I got was Emi's. When I finally went over it and convicted myself to start a new story with another girl, I thought that I won't be able to find a story as good and emotionaly intense as Emi's. But I was wrong! Hanako's path was just as emotionaly strong as Emi's.

I want to thank every single person, where ever they are, that contributed in some way to Katawa Shoujo. I think that humanity owes you more than some hours of gameplay. This is a lesson of life that entered in me and made me change the way I see the world and the way I live in this same world. I know that I probably won't be able to live something as strong as the stories in Katawa Shoujo, but now I start to understand that when you find that special person you'll be able to live with forever, no matter how this person looks like or how her past was, you can experience something really deep and strong, just like Katawa Shoujo.

I know my life won't be the same anymore, for good reasons. I can feel that I became a much better person and that I grew up a little. To everybody from Four Leaf Studios and to any others that had somehow an influence on the result of this game : Thank You.

English is not my first language, so I hope that you still can understand what I just said...