Impressions of Katawa Shoujo

For all feedback on our releases in all languages.
Median

Impressions of Katawa Shoujo

Post by Median »

Having gone through Katawa Shoujou many times i can safely say that it is a masterpiece. It truly opened my eyes in a number of ways and showed me that people are not defined by any maladies they might have. At first I couldn't avert my eyes from Hanako's scars or forget that Emi was missing the lower half of her legs but by the end I had forgotten all of their supposed disabilites and saw them for who they really were. I was completely entranced by how each girl's seperate story arc unfolded and I must say they were all very well done, (especially Lilly's which was by far my favorite). However the best part of the game was the fact that it was believable. When I first heard about the game having not played the first act in 2009 and not really knowing what I was getting into I foolishly assumed that it would be yet another ridiculous outlandish story about a teen and his harem of beautiful women who all adored him for no reason but it was original and innovative and it kept me glued to the screen for many hours and it truly affected me on a deep emotional level on multiple occassions. So I would simply like to thank you for releasing such a wonderful work of art to the public and for opening my eyes a little.

-Also im not sure if im posting this in the right section or if I should be posting this at all but you deserve to know just how amazing this was, congrats on a job well done.