Feedback on Hanako's Route

For all feedback on our releases in all languages.
Koinkun

Feedback on Hanako's Route

Post by Koinkun »

Loved it! Playing Hanako's route robbed me of much needed sleep that I needed for college or work the day after. Am I complaining? Barely.

The way Hanako's story plays out, having so many up and down moments to it, really keeps you on edge over how things will turn out within the next 15-30 minutes of reading. After playing the Act 1 demo so long ago, I knew right away that Hanako was going to be my first route when the final version was finally released, the wait was worth it, even if this was the only route I saw (don't get me wrong though, I'm not stopping there, no way in hell, next up, Shizune ;P)

The ending exceeded my hopes in how satifying it was, though kind of makes you wanting a bit of a short after-story, which is a good thing (though I know 4LS is done making projects so I don't mean that as a pestering statement asking for them to create one.)

I believe Hanako will always be my favorite among the Katawa Shoujo heroine, though I am really looking forward to reading the other routes after seeing what an amazing job was done on Hanako's route.

Excellent job 4LS, can't wait to see what else the game holds :)
Snow

Re: Feedback on Hanako's Route

Post by Snow »

I just finished the Hanako Route: It's a very touching story.

The story kept me firmly stuck to my computer screen all the way to the end. Also causing me to loose some much needed sleep. I'm only got to have 4 hours of sleep last night. And I'm rather proud of my ability to take control myself and keep myself from falling into these traps. :/ Oh an BTW, @OP, I'm in college too, god this game made today hell for me. I had to get up at 7:00am and had practically nonstop classes until 5pm. With 4 hours of sleep... I was so messed up I even forgot to get coffee and I managed to get myself a parking ticket.

I have played a lot of visual novels before this, and this is by far, the best visual novel I have ever read.

I'm not very good with words but:
I think one of the things that make this story so enjoyable and enrapturing is the strong character development of not just the "girls" but also the character you play as. And Also, how each route tells a very uniquely different story. To the point where I think they could be separated into stand-alone books, each an entirely new experience.

Hasao's character is really well done and I really learned alot about him during the Hanako Route. [I also completed the Emi Route which I think, while great, didn't build as much on Hasao's character]

I guess what I want to say is, this story really made me feel emotional? Made me want to cry in the depressing parts and smile during the good parts. And best of all, the endings so far have always left me feeling happy and impressed, though slightly remorseful that this story has ended.

Thanks to FourLeaf Studios; this is truly a masterpiece.
-Snow