Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

For all feedback on our releases in all languages.
RandomVisitor

Re: Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

Post by RandomVisitor »

I downloaded Act 1 yesterday and played through twice. I got the ending with Emi the first time and Rin the second time.

I think it's great so far. I can't wait for the full version :)
Talbain

First VN

Post by Talbain »

This has been my first visual novel and I have to say I'm hooked. I was possessed; I couldn't stop until I'd played every route! I didn't ever expect to find myself playing this type of game, much less getting this into it. I was surprised at which girls I ended up liking and which I didn't, I wound up doing a total about face from when I started. But what amazes me is how easy it is to suspend my disbelief and see the characters as actual people I have just met. Now that I've finished Act 1 I feel like I'm out of touch with friends who are away on vacation or something.

Anyway, devs, thanks for all the work you've put into the game! From what I've seen you're doing an incredible job, and I'm very much looking forward to the full release.
DRKO

Re: First VN

Post by DRKO »

This was the first visual novel I have ever played as well. I played it for at least six hours per day for at least a week... I was definitely hooked. Now I can hardly wait for its release.
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

I agree with you there, yo.
The stuff's like freaking crack D;
have you guys found yourself playing all the endings Except for emi and kenji's endings?
'cause i've been doin that for weeks Dx
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

PasterOfMuppets wrote:I agree with you there, yo.
have you guys found yourself playing all the endings Except for emi and kenji's endings?
I've been playing most of Act 1 repeatedly for the past couple weeks, since I first discovered this. Not Emi and Kenji's endings (though I'm not sure why you spoiler tagged that phrase), since they're not really my favorite characters (not saying I've only played them once).

Not my first VN, though, no. First one that's made me give two hells about the story, however.
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
ChaoticGrowth

Post by ChaoticGrowth »

PasterOfMuppets wrote:I agree with you there, yo.
I've been (re)playing all the endings including Emi and Kenji's (why are we spoiler tagging this?) impulsively for the past few months. Every few weeks, I just get the urge to reread all of the endings, so I do.

Katawa Shoujo was also my first VN, and it definitely opened me up to the incredible medium that is the Visual Novel. I've read quite a few since then. Obsessively, might I add. Hehe.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

ChaoticGrowth wrote:(why are we spoiler tagging this?)
Probably for people who don't know about the manly picnic. But really, if they're on here then they've probably heard about it. Or gotten it. Then again I don't see why Emi is spoilertagged...
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
ExN

Post by ExN »

PasterOfMuppets wrote: have you guys found yourself playing all the endings Except for emi and kenji's endings?
I guess you aren't that excited about getting fit I: cause I'm not either
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

Just For Fun~
WHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!

anyways...
I just didn't like the endings to Emi and Kenji
Kenji had the humor and all but leaves you on a major horrific cliff-hanger
Emi's is just.... "Lacking" I felt, but that's probably just me...
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
Yukimi

Post by Yukimi »

I guess someone has already spoken about how in Shizune's route Hisao seems to be almost peniless but in other routes e seems to have enouhg money to spare (not to waste just enouhg to invite the girls).

I liked the game but when I played this months ago it struck me as odd... I didn't comment it before because I'm pretty sure many people must have mentioned it but now that another version has been released I thought I should at least state it :)
Shizune=Akira > Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Rin (but all of them have a place in my heart and some other more interesting locations XP).
3st

Post by 3st »

Well ich played this game the first time in english and the scound time in german. I really can say, that the german translation is really fine. You did a good job!

But unfourtunately there are still a few bugs in it. For example the Nurs' name isn't translated an in the chapter "evolutiontheory at lunch" is at the dicission one answer missing. It isn't possible to answer "Go talk with Hanako".

I hope that you will have some time to fix it.

So long
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Playing through the new version and found something poorly worded.

During 'Mind Your Step', after Rin leaves Hisao and Lilly, Hisao thinks:
So my guess was right. Lilly offers a slight, apologetic smile as if she was sorry that
her own shortcomings have prevented her to become closer with Rin.
It would read much more smoothly if the bolded part was, 'from becoming closer to'.
Last edited by Silentcook on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed, thanks. :)
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

3st wrote:Well i played this game the first time in english and the second time in german. I really can say, that the german translation is really fine. You did a good job!
Thank you very much.
But unfourtunately there are still a few bugs in it. For example the Nurs' name isn't translated ...
That bug has already been reported. You can find a hotfix here.
...an in the chapter "evolutiontheory at lunch" is at the dicission one answer missing. It isn't possible to answer "Go talk with Hanako".
Not a bug. Whether or not you get to choose this option depends on the choices you've made up to that point. You have to make at least two of those three choices to get the Hanako option:
"Ask about the library."
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."
"She was cute."
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
3st

Post by 3st »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Well i played this game the first time in english and the second time in german. I really can say, that the german translation is really fine. You
Not a bug. Whether or not you get to choose this option depends on the choices you've made up to that point. You have to make at least two of those three choices to get the Hanako option:
"Ask about the library."
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."
"She was cute."
Ok thats the Reason.

Thank you for your answer.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

In 'Shanghaied', Misha shows Hisao in sign language what was ordered for dinner. Then Misha says:
"And here's how much it all costs: 3685 yen!"
When Misha crosses her arms and lets loose with her usual laugh, the text boxes empty before Misha's name and the previous quote reappear with 'Wahahahahaha~!' starting to appear after the quote as well. The text shouldn't disappear.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing