Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

For all feedback on our releases in all languages.
Locked
User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 5979
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

Post by Mirage_GSM » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:29 pm

While translating I came upon the following line in Scene 36 (Shanghaied):
"I can tell that each harsh, quaking hand gesture is most likely an epithet."
I think what you were going for here was "expletive". "Epithet usually means something else. (There is a rarely used, colloquial meaning to the word, which I found while looking it up, but it doesn't seem to fit in that place either.)

...and a bit above that:
mi "Do you have to follow through to make good on that, Hicchan?"
I might have misunderstood that line, but shouldn't it say either "Do you have what it takes to follow through on that, Hicchan?" or "Do you have what it takes to make good on that, Hicchan?". As it is it looks like a copy-paste error to me.

Also (and this is just a nitpick) in scene 37 (Quiet):
"I settle into my beanbag and set about reading my own book that had been buried in my bag."
He took that book from a library shelf about a dozen lines earlier - no time to stuff it in his bag.
Last edited by Silentcook on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: #1:no #2:argh, was "don't" #3:yeah nitpick. Fixed, thanks. :)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

Katsuu
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:33 pm

Re: Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

Post by Katsuu » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:47 am

Mirage_GSM wrote:
mi "Do you have to follow through to make good on that, Hicchan?"
I might have misunderstood that line, but shouldn't it say either "Do you have what it takes to follow through on that, Hicchan?" or "Do you have what it takes to make good on that, Hicchan?". As it is it looks like a copy-paste error to me.
I have to be honest, I'm not even sure what this thread is, and I could easily find out by looking at the first post, but I thought I'd speak up anyway.
It would still make sense to simply say "Do you have the follow through to make good on that, Hicchan?", which may have been closer to what the author intended... Strange English, to be sure, but I've heard both of the phrases quite a bit before.
Er, anyway... I'll... uh... get back to my corner.

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 5979
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

Post by Mirage_GSM » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:56 am

I'm not going to quote Aura's first post for you. I don't support laziness ;-)

Anyway, one more thing:
Chapter 1 (Gateway effect) starts with a few lines in past tense for no apparent reason. It reverts back to present as soon as he's through the gate.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

User avatar
neumanproductions
Posts: 861
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:58 pm
Location: Breathing the same air as you
Contact:

Re: Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

Post by neumanproductions » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:40 am

Mirage_GSM wrote: Chapter 1 (Gateway effect) starts with a few lines in past tense for no apparent reason. It reverts back to present as soon as he's through the gate.
Well, I haven't read that portion for a while but that would be a good effect corresponding towards Hisao leaving his old world and entering into the new one the is Yamaku. I actully think I remember him saying something along those lines.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 5979
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

Post by Mirage_GSM » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:01 pm

I doubt this was intentional. The opening scenes in the park and the hospital are written in present tense as is the whole of Act 1 except for those five lines.
The part with leaving his old world behind is actaully a few dozen lines further down. In the lines I'm referring to, he just wonders why the gate looks so strange.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

User avatar
kapparomeo
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: The Green and Pleasant Land

Re: Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

Post by kapparomeo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:24 pm

This isn't a bug report this time, rather a feature suggestion. The Mishimmie has contributed a lot to stoking interest in Katawa Shoujo and keeping the community active and enthusiastic, and I feel as though that ought to be recognised. While it would be unnecessary and impractical to include every last image in the release version of the game, it would be a treat to have a selection of the best Mishimmie art and some fancomics added to the gallery to give new players a taste of the wider impact of the game, maybe having tranches unlocked as you reach different completion levels to keep people interested in playing. At the very least, the "Spin" trailer and Pimmy's "Convenience Store" animation should be added to the Cinema - the intro sequence is unhappy there all on its lonesome...
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles

User avatar
Shizu-chan
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: England, West Sussex, Sullignton

Re: Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

Post by Shizu-chan » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:04 pm

I just replayed Act one V4, and i must say, The music hit me the most. It was really good. I'm quite impressed, however i must say that i think that the updated Shizune theme was perhaps a little..I don't know... Broken? It's a really nice arrange/mix of it, but the electric sound is a little adrupt as it stops and starts. Otherwise looking even better then ever.

* * * * *
"..."
I fix my glasses, before lifting my hands and swiftly moving them in the air, nodding my finger to my chest and swinging my other fist to the side, waving them slightly in the air, before continuing to poke my lips, pulling off and waving in a circle around the same palm, then cross my arms , fluttering my finger to my forehead in sigh as you attempt too reply.

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 5979
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

Post by Mirage_GSM » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:54 pm

Some conflicting information on the location of class 3-2's classroom:
Chapter A7 (Pseudo Tea Cosy):
li "Correct, I'm in class 3-2; which is in a room a little further down this wing.
This scene is in the tea room, which is on the second floor.

Chapter A16 (A Private Lunch):
"The classrooms closest to ours are designated belonging to classes 3-1 and 3-2 on the right side, and 3-4 on the left side, each door looking exactly the same."
Hisao's classroom is on the third floor.

Also check Chapter A13 (Sip part1):
"And with that, we part ways; Lilly entering her classroom and leaving Hanako and I to make off to our own. She's still looking like she wants to run away."
It doesn't specifically say how far they have to go from there, so it should be okay, though.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You
Posts: 2522
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Imola, Italy

Re: Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

Post by Silentcook » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:43 pm

Mirage_GSM wrote:Some conflicting information on the location of class 3-2's classroom:
Chapter A7 (Pseudo Tea Cosy):
li "Correct, I'm in class 3-2; which is in a room a little further down this wing."
This scene is in the tea room, which is on the second floor.
This has already been fixed in our scripts, to: li "Correct, I'm in class 3-2; which is on the third floor, same as yours. It's taught by Miyagi, and is specifically for both blind and partially blind students."
So, the remaining information does not conflict anymore. Just to be sure, do you have the most recent release of Act 1?

Thanks for noticing in any case. :)
Shattering your dreams since '94.

Image

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 5979
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

Post by Mirage_GSM » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:24 pm

Ah, yes. It has been fixed in Version 1.4.
I was using the script files for the german translation for this post - easier to search for the relevant passages. I thought those were taken from 1.4...
Seems they aren't... I don't suppose you have a changelog or something?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 5979
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

Post by Mirage_GSM » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:26 pm

This one still is present in 1.4:
Saturday, scene A35 (Sip Part 2) wrote:li "Yuuko, could we have one more coffee please?"
...
...
...
"Taking pains to interrupt us as little as possible, Yuuko dutifully comes over and places two cups on the table."
Last edited by Silentcook on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed, thanks. :)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 5979
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

Post by Mirage_GSM » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:43 pm

I hope you don't mind a triple post^^°

Chapter 44 (Throwing Balls):
In the previous chapter (Don't Panic) it says that Hisao slept until "almost noon"
Then after his encounter with Kenji and meeting Shizune and Misha:
"It's still light outside, but the sun is getting ready to set behind the trees."
This line is just when Hisao leaves the dorms, meaning it is suddenly evening already.
A bit further down:
...the dimly lit paper lanterns glowing warmly against the sunset...
And just a few lines down:
"Are they even done setting up?" "No, but it doesn't matter, ..."
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

User avatar
Leotrak
Posts: 589
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 5:49 pm
Location: Your Mind, Slowly Nibbling away your Sanity
Contact:

Re: Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

Post by Leotrak » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:13 pm

Ok, so I know I should've seen this sooner, considering I've read through Ks often enough, but there's still one bit that kind of jars me... On tuesday, in the library, after Hanako has run off:
Forcing myself to act overly casually only makes me feel phony.
The "-ly" on "casually" feels way out of place, and I have no idea why I didn't comment on this sooner... Oh, version 1.3, by the way. I never bothered to download v1.4 ">_>

edit: one more thing, on wednesday, at Rin's mural:
See, the left side is hardly off the ground yet.
It actually looks like it's the right side that's barely touched ">_> Is that just a viewpoint thing, or was the background image supposed to be inverted? ">_>
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune

Darlat
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:08 pm
Location: Sweden, Uppsala

Re: Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

Post by Darlat » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:47 pm

Leotrak wrote:Oh, version 1.3, by the way. I never bothered to download v1.4
Shoulden't you download the lastest version before you say something has errors? it's pretty stupid to report errors on an older version before you have checked the latest version incase it has fixed it.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.

User avatar
Leotrak
Posts: 589
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 5:49 pm
Location: Your Mind, Slowly Nibbling away your Sanity
Contact:

Re: Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

Post by Leotrak » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:37 am

Darlat wrote:
Leotrak wrote:Oh, version 1.3, by the way. I never bothered to download v1.4
Shoulden't you download the lastest version before you say something has errors? it's pretty stupid to report errors on an older version before you have checked the latest version incase it has fixed it.
Last I heard, Act 1 V4 only had the french translation added into it, and no other changes were made. But, if it would ease some minds, I'll download V4 and check myself.

edit: Yep, the "-ly" is still there in V4.

The thing with the mural I pointed out might just be because Rin's back is towards it, making her left the viewer's right, but I'd always kind of assumed Rin and Hisao were standing side-to-side in that scene... Maybe that's just me. And if I remember correctly, this particular bit's been there since V1, too, so it could've been intentional anyway...
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune

Locked