Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

For all feedback on our releases in all languages.
Ingame

Re: Katawa Shoujo Act 1 Preview feedback thread

Post by Ingame »

Just finished everyone's paths and I must say Hanako is by far my favorite character, followed by Shizune :D
As far as I could see the typing was flawless, the art was good, and the story was actually pretty captivating :shock: I'm really looking forward to the full release :) The only thing that caught my eye, which I can use the word *wrong* on, is Kenji... There's definitely something wrong with him :!: He must either be a crazed madman or a brilliant genius. However, his theories of female conspiracies have opened my eyes! His logic is flawless :shock: He's my new hero.
Jokes aside, he did make me seriously lol though :lol:
Maa! Maa!! Maa!!! ^_^
guest unknown

Post by guest unknown »

Great Preview , but does anyone else think Kenji's bathroom scene could use an edit timewise?
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

I think that would make it significantly less hilarious. The fact that the text is pretty much centered over his crotch made me basically read that scene in skip mode, groaning and chuckling simultaneously. Admittedly more of the humor is seen in retrospect, but it's still pretty amusing.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

EternalLurker wrote:I think that would make it significantly less hilarious. The fact that the text is pretty much centered over his crotch made me basically read that scene in skip mode, groaning and chuckling simultaneously. Admittedly more of the humor is seen in retrospect, but it's still pretty amusing.
That makes me think about the name 4 Leaf. Does that imply that we will get to see 3 more in the future. Perhaps on Misha, that would be our luck :roll:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

neumanproductions wrote:
EternalLurker wrote:I think that would make it significantly less hilarious. The fact that the text is pretty much centered over his crotch made me basically read that scene in skip mode, groaning and chuckling simultaneously. Admittedly more of the humor is seen in retrospect, but it's still pretty amusing.
That makes me think about the name 4 Leaf. Does that imply that we will get to see 3 more in the future. Perhaps on Misha, that would be our luck :roll:
Hurr durr. You should know that it's kind of a reference to 4chan. :P
neumanproductions

Esa94 wrote:
neumanproductions wrote:
Hurr durr. You should know that it's kind of a reference to 4chan. :P
I knew someone would call me on that sooner or later :roll: oh well. Still can dream, and that might be a funny idea.
Sorry guys, your only allowed to see the 5 main girls naked, no Misha for you. :twisted: What a world, what a world.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

neumanproductions wrote: I knew someone would call me on that sooner or later :roll: oh well. Still can dream, and that might be a funny idea.
Sorry guys, your only allowed to see the 5 main girls naked, no Misha for you. :twisted: What a world, what a world.
They said there is no MIshapath. They never said we don't see Misha's Rockin' tits.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
neumanproductions

Captain Niggawatts wrote:
neumanproductions wrote: I knew someone would call me on that sooner or later :roll: oh well. Still can dream, and that might be a funny idea.
They said there is no MIshapath. They never said we don't see Misha's Rockin' tits.
That would be in everyones best interest. Otherwise that would mean we wouldn't get to see Akira or Yuuko(especially after all the work they put into the makeover). But that leaf still must have dissapointed some Kenji fans. :roll:
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

neumanproductions wrote:
Captain Niggawatts wrote:
That would be in everyones best interest. Otherwise that would mean we wouldn't get to see Akira or Yuuko(especially after all the work they put into the makeover). But that leaf still must have dissapointed some Kenji fans. :roll:
I highly doubt we will see any Yuuko or Akira nude at all, and neither of them have anything to do with Misha anyways.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:I highly doubt we will see any Yuuko or Akira nude at all, and neither of them have anything to do with Misha anyways.
And God created the Shimmie, and it was good.

EDIT (for the sake of staying on topic): I was just thinking about the music in act 1, actually. It's lovely, of course, but I hope there will be a good number of new tracks in the finished product, just because hearing the same tunes over and over can get a little repetitive and lessen their emotional qualities over time. But then, hoping for that probably just shows how few VNs I've played.
Last edited by Csihar on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

As has been repeatedly said, can we please keep this thread strictly for Act 1 feedback only. I will not ask nicely twice.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Mother Loli

Post by Mother Loli »

This was my first VN ever, and I have to admit, it got me interested in VN, I haven't gone through all possible endings in act 1 yet, however, I cannot wait for the full version! I love it, keep up the good work! :)
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

This is the problem with jumping the train late, the reviews have already said all I want to say.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
1Gr1mm

Post by 1Gr1mm »

My first post on here...and I thought, why not open it with my feedback on the preview of so [enter as many praises as you can think of here] VN in progress. I first came across this game...I think it was, somewhere in early 2009 (Or somewhere close) and since I've came across the term 'Visual Novel' for the first time in my life, I thought to myself that this game isn't even worth a look. Well was I wrong? Oh yes I was, and I couldn't be more wrong than that. First of all, before I actually found this page through a link on one other forum...I was very very sceptical, why? Because the author of the thread, said the game was nothing but a sadistic sexual humiliation of people with disabilities. And you can guess what kind of look I had on my face at that particular moment, can you? Let me help you...it was a mix of those 'wtf?!', 'seriously' and 'oh my god...that's awful' faces.

But still, even though I didn't want to even check the link, it still haunted me...it was looking me right in my eyes, right into my soul [enter melodramatic scene here]...and since I can be like a cat sometimes...I had to click it and see what's this all about. I never bothered to look at the forum discussion first, I simply downloaded the game and went on to see what's this disgusting VN all about. And I also wanted to see what's a VN xD.

So I downloaded act 1 in couple of days, and it didn't took me much to actually start the game. I was in luck that, at the time, there was spring break going on...so I had time to chill-out at my balcony and play the game on my laptop. The scenery was beautiful, and luckily I still remember it. I mean...the scenery around my house (the summer breeze and fresh air), and for the first few moments of the game, I was still sceptical. Mostly because I didn't even know what VN stood for, but it didn't take me long to realize that this game is like some sort of modern time novel (well...duh xD).

I don't know how long I played the game, but I never looked on any site about this game until I completed the game (or at least the preview of the game). I decided that after my first choice, I will play this game exactly how I would acted in real life, if I was in that kind of situation. Finally, this game led me to end up with no one other than Hanako, and I don't regret any moment that I clicked those choices, which made me end up playing chess with Hanako.

I did play the game two more times after it; and ended up with Shizune and Kenji's (damn...I laughed so hard at that one xD) endings. So...back to my first time playing the game; After I got rid of any bad comments (and that was mostly because I couldn't find any xD) I maybe had stored somewhere in the back of my head, I finally managed to enjoy the game too it's fullest. Right from the start, from the first time 'I' went towards the library, all the way to final moments of chess, I was dragged towards Hanako. She was the first character that got my full attention (except from Dr. House teacher and...somewhat...creppy head nurse xD), and after I made few choices that led me to having lunch with Lilly and Hanako...I was blasted and amazed. I myself couldn't believe how similar Hanako's personality is to mine (and the 'step on only darker spots' game...xD it's awesome :P) and I soon realized how this game is deep itself if you want too see it as a deep game.

Why do I even say that? Because at the moment when Hanako 'said' "Thank you for hanging out with me", my heart was melted and I really started liking this upcoming game to it's maximum. In the process of playing the game however, I tried to be objective, but even though I did try to look at all of the characters in the same level, there was just this purple girl who caught my heart (seriously...that does sound weird, but I really like her character). So to finish up this LONG post....

...I will just say that I won't play this game anymore, until the full game releases, because I really want to see what happens in my first full playthrough.

Either way; I give this preview a score of 9,5/10

Why? Because the story so far is perfect 10, the soundtrack is a almost a perfect ten 9,5 (I don't know...it is missing something like Karma from Ever 17, which I played as my second VN), the characters are perfect 10 (because there is a healthy mix of every sort of wanted character in the game...from deep down warm Shizune, hyper-active Misha, shy and cute Hanako, sheppard Lilly and silly guy Kenji xD).

I just want to know...since I've read FAQ, but still...Is it true that H-scenes will be able to be skipped in the full game? Because I myself am not all that for them...but I just don't know is that decision still there :P

So sorry for this long wall of text, and I hope I won't have any problems on this site xD See you all around here somewhere ^^
It's a miracle; risking everything for a dream only you can see~
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

1Gr1mm wrote:First of all, before I actually found this page through a link on one other forum...I was very very sceptical, why? Because the author of the thread, said the game was nothing but a sadistic sexual humiliation of people with disabilities. And you can guess what kind of look I had on my face at that particular moment, can you? Let me help you...it was a mix of those 'wtf?!', 'seriously' and 'oh my god...that's awful' faces.
Well, you got yourself to read a thread from a genuine idiot, one of many of this world, who deserve a nice kick in the face.

And yes, H-scenes are supposed to have an option of skipping, as the devs informed us. enjoy.