My first visual novel

For all feedback on our releases in all languages.
Yamito

My first visual novel

Post by Yamito »

Hello :) ,

I found Katawa Shoujo this week, i was never really into novels and reading stuff, but as anime fan i wanted something a bit different, so i gave it a try, and i got hooked very fast, i was reading all day even that i use to read quickly because watching a lots of anime with subs, didn't expect one route to be so long... and i liked it very much. <3

First i was playing very honest, picking lines as i would say in real life and ended up with Emi, manage to get happy ending in first try. It was really heartwarming and sad at the same time. I like that story wasn't too sweet and got some good spices in it.

After finished with Emi, i was looking forward to try next root as soon as possible. Wanted to go through Lilly or Misha next, but..

But the next day i got into Rin route, i was struggling a bit, even that she was a bit relatable with my own artist soul, but manage to get through her on the third try... :? While reading i though, that i would understand her better than Nakai did. She made me laugh the most of all characters, even that she didn't wanted to. I had feeling that she needed to be take care of the most of the girls, she is like a adorable pet-girl.

The next Route i ended up was Lilly, and i admire her the most. She is the person whom everyone would look up to. Even with her condition she taking care of everybody. She would be too perfect if she could see, but also she is who she is because of her condition, if she was born with good sight maybe she won't be such a good person. The route was very sweet, and Lilly was so beautiful and hot :oops: , of course there was some drama too as it should be. Got her in the first try.

After Lilly, i though would be great to get Misha, because she got my attention in the first time i was playing and i wanted to end up with her. But i got disappointed, when i realize after festival scene, that it is only Shizune route, and Misha is just secondary character, and there would be no ending with her, so i skipped all Shizune story because i can't stand her character and i am not much of glasses person, only was good thing that there was some eye candy of Misha at some story point. It left the hole in my heart, that there will no be Misha route. :(

Hanako is only route which is left for me to read. I need to take a break after all marathon i did... :D

In the whole, i loved Katawa Shouje, i think it had expended my perception a bit. It forced me to look from different angle of view to dissabilities, and strugles of people who has them. Even that this story is fictional story, but i have feeling that writers put some real knowleage into this, because everything make sense. And the story was well written with all the characters, their different traits and relationships to each other, I couldn't find any flaws, just amazing work.
I like the soundtrack too it suited to the story much. When i go to menu it's most heartbreaking feeling after looking at the pieces of story parts i got through while music playing.
The art was good too, as an artist I feeling I might draw some fanart later. And there was some eye candies too.. arigato gozaimasu! :3

Thank you Four Leaf Studios for your hard work! :)

After this i have an urge to find some more novels, with simillar genres.
a1fox3

Re: My first visual novel

Post by a1fox3 »

You should still do Shizune story, she has 2 endings 1 good and 1 bad.
There are 6 girls you can have sex with and Misha is one of them.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

You left Hanako for last? Expect a gut punch of emotions on that one.

As for Misha... she does have a sex scene at one point in Shizune's route. You won't like it.

I will agree with you that Shizune was the worst of the characters.

Have you tried for the Kenji ending yet? It's amusing.
Not Dead Yet
Yamito

Post by Yamito »

a1fox3 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:38 am You should still do Shizune story, she has 2 endings 1 good and 1 bad.
There are 6 girls you can have sex with and Misha is one of them.
Maybe i will read someday, i only did skipping without reading on her Route and got into bad route after choosing to "comfort Misha".
Yamito

Post by Yamito »

Oddball wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:01 pm You left Hanako for last? Expect a gut punch of emotions on that one.

As for Misha... she does have a sex scene at one point in Shizune's route. You won't like it.

Indeed, I remember some details about her from Lilly's route, so I kinda expecting that it will be emotional. I already at the beginning of Hanako route, just after festival scene.

Yes, i saw Misha's sex scene, and you are right i didn't liked, it felt so wrong... :?

I got into Kenji's route, but i though it may contain some BL or something and i didn't want to see that so i stopped... xD but if it's safe i am gonna try his route, and yeah Kenji is amusing with his conspiracy theories. :D
a1fox3

Post by a1fox3 »

Yamito wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:56 pm
Oddball wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:01 pm You left Hanako for last? Expect a gut punch of emotions on that one.

Indeed, I remember some details about her from Lilly's route, so I kinda expecting that it will be emotional. I already at the beginning of Hanako route, just after festival scene.

Yes, i saw Misha's sex scene, and you are right i didn't liked, it felt so wrong... :?

I got into Kenji's route, but i though it may contain some BL or something and i didn't want to see that so i stopped... xD but if it's safe i am gonna try his route, and yeah Kenji is amusing with his conspiracy theories. :D
To get 100% completions you must do all girls endings, good bad and neutral. (Not all have neutral endings.)
Then do Kenji's last.
I posted an easy to use walkthrough for this https://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=45&p=240874#p240874
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

To get 100% completions you must do all girls endings, good bad and neutral. (Not all have neutral endings.)
I'd say ...

Shizune has a bad ending and a neutral ending
Lilly has a good ending and a bad ending
Hanako has a good, bad, and neutral
Rin has a good and two bad
Emi has a bad ending and two different ways to reach the good ending
and Kenji has ... an ending.
Last edited by Oddball on Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not Dead Yet
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

It was supposed to.

I agree with Oddballs summary... but you could say Shizune has a bad and a realistic ending :-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
a1fox3

Post by a1fox3 »

Looks like it was against the rules so I deleted it.

Sorry.
Last edited by a1fox3 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Rin on your second try, huh? Damn.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

Shizune's good ending feels like a neutral ending? Damn, that character just couldn't take any breaks could it, I could imagine someone going for her route first and then thinking "man, what a crappy story" and dropping the entire thing forever.