Alt Dreams [One-Shots] (#67—'A Bear Discovers Salt')

WORDS WORDS WORDS
brythain

Re: Alt Dreams [One-Shots] (#67—'A Bear Discovers Salt')

Post by brythain » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:06 pm

Feurox wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:56 am
It always amazes me how your Jigoro can be both profoundly an impatient ass, and well, profound. That last line is oddly inspiring, (doubly so for readers who are familiar with your Jigoro!)
My Jigoro, the Family Accountant, a power player in his own right—who clowns around for his kids when he has to. :D
As always, your SPAG is impeccable, and your mastery of the form is awe-inspiring. The lines drip with humour, but also something real and removed - it's hard to put your finger on it exactly, but I find myself thinking that about much of your work. Your Jigoro comes across as someone who's rooted in tradition, but deep down, will always pursue what he thinks to be right and just. It's an odd balance, he's torn somehow between a nostalgia for the past and his own pride in what's right, like tradition versus an evolving world... As I said recently, your stuff often has me thinking about monuments, and what we leave behind... I'm sure it's a reflection of those themes that makes me curious about Jigoro as a character, (and your Mutou actually!).
Now, that is thought-provoking commentary indeed. Hmmm. Thanks very much! (And now I have to think about my Jigoro all over again—it's like asking a centipede which leg he moves first.)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)