Dancing: A Miki pseudo-route (Update 7/30/17)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Oscar Wildecat

Re: Dancing: A Miki pseudo-route (updated 9/3)

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Other than the Hollywood narcolepsy, this was a nice chapter. The only weakness, at least from my perspective, is that it seemed at times like a setup for a Suzu route instead of a Miki one. However, I'm guessing that this there's a reason for this, so I'm going to stay tuned for the track meet.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:The only weakness, at least from my perspective, is that it seemed at times like a setup for a Suzu route instead of a Miki one. However, I'm guessing that this there's a reason for this, so I'm going to stay tuned for the track meet.
I noticed the same thing, especially when he called her cute. Now obviously that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it does make it seem like a Suzu route.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

bhtooefr wrote:Have you tried "just pick[ing] up" an object that's 100+ pounds, and then carrying it a significant distance (including down a flight of stairs, because the library is on the second floor) with a severe heart condition? And I use "object" intentionally, as it's easier to carry a person when the person's working with you, and Suzu very much would not have been (and, I haven't actually carried an unconscious person of that size, only thing in that weight range I've carried has been a transmission). (If she were a Hollywood narcoleptic, which is what's portrayed here, but seriously, let's knock it off with the Hollywood narcolepsy.)
I think I thought that because I read a fic where Hisao did just that. Now it doesn't make that fic right, of course, it just made me surprised when he opted for dragging her.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
acquireTigris

Post by acquireTigris »

I apologize profusely for the Hollywood narcolepsy situation. I needed Suzu to fall asleep as a setup for her to say Stump Fist.

If you guys do recall the first time Hisao carried Suzu, she was already on the floor and easily carriable like a pallet for a forklift. In the latest situation, Hisao is already half-carrying her and doesn't want to place her back on the floor for easy carry just because it doesn't seem polite. He settles with dragging the poor girl along.

As for the stamina issue, I am 100% sure dragging something that heavy (or light, actually) won't kill Hisao. I have a sister who has arrhythmia (sucks to be her) and she can do short bursts of light-ish work just fine. Just don't make her do anything too intense or too lengthy.

I'll probably shift the scene a bit so it seems less fairy-tail.
Oscar Wildecat wrote:it seemed at times like a setup for a Suzu route instead of a Miki one. However, I'm guessing that this there's a reason for this, so I'm going to stay tuned for the track meet.
Indeed, I am setting things up. This is a Miki route, yes, but that doesn't mean I'll ignore the friendship that Hisao is creating with Suzu. Plus, I need to strengthen their bonds since I want to develop a certain future scene.
Dancing: My Miki Pseudo-route

acquireTigris, gotTiger, Tiger.
LilyKitsune

Post by LilyKitsune »

"Color me impressed," she says. Her grin slowly falters, though. I can tell something's bothering him.

Miki wasn't originally Mickey, was it?

Anyway, I'm greatly enjoying the banter here! A fun setup, indeed.
acquireTigris

Post by acquireTigris »

LilyKitsune wrote:"Color me impressed," she says. Her grin slowly falters, though. I can tell something's bothering him.

I can't believe I missed that!

Thanks for pointing it out. My native language doesn't really have pronouns that discern male and female, so I think I might've subconsciously bent Miki's gender. Eh heh heh.

LilyKitsune

Post by LilyKitsune »

acquireTigris wrote:
LilyKitsune wrote:"Color me impressed," she says. Her grin slowly falters, though. I can tell something's bothering him.

Thanks for pointing it out. My native language doesn't really have pronouns that discern male and female, so I think I might've subconsciously bent Miki's gender. Eh heh heh.
My, I couldn't even tell it wasn't your native language! Seriously! If I may ask, what is?
acquireTigris

Post by acquireTigris »

LilyKitsune wrote:
acquireTigris wrote:

My, I couldn't even tell it wasn't your native language! Seriously! If I may ask, what is?
Bisaya, which is the #1 most spoken language in the Philippines. It's pretty silly considering the national language, Filipino, is hugely based on some other language that only a third of the country uses (if I recall correctly, don't quote me on this).

BaldBombshell

Post by BaldBombshell »

bhtooefr wrote:Have you tried "just pick[ing] up" an object that's 100+ pounds, and then carrying it a significant distance (including down a flight of stairs, because the library is on the second floor) with a severe heart condition? And I use "object" intentionally, as it's easier to carry a person when the person's working with you, and Suzu very much would not have been (and, I haven't actually carried an unconscious person of that size, only thing in that weight range I've carried has been a transmission). (If she were a Hollywood narcoleptic, which is what's portrayed here, but seriously, let's knock it off with the Hollywood narcolepsy.)
Having carried unconscious people in the 100-120lb. area, I can testify that it is NOT easy. It's actually harder than simply carrying around a solid object (like a transmission, for example)
acquireTigris

Post by acquireTigris »

BaldBombshell wrote:
Having carried unconscious people in the 100-120lb. area, I can testify that it is NOT easy. It's actually harder than simply carrying around a solid object (like a transmission, for example)
Suzu is an Asian high school senior. I'm sure she's a lot lighter than 120 lbs. A girl with her height should probably be around 90 or so pounds. Maybe lighter. I knew someone during high school who was deceptively light for her size. For ease of narrative, let's just say she's way less than a hundred, and that Hisao still expended some effort to get her to the library.

bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Wait, how tall is she?

The only KS character with a canon weight under 100 lbs/45.4 kg is Emi, and Emi is absolutely tiny AND is missing legs.

I was figuring that Suzu was probably about the same height as Shizune or Misha, just a bit lighter.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
acquireTigris

Post by acquireTigris »

bhtooefr wrote:Wait, how tall is she?

The only KS character with a canon weight under 100 lbs/45.4 kg is Emi, and Emi is absolutely tiny AND is missing legs.

I was figuring that Suzu was probably about the same height as Shizune or Misha, just a bit lighter.
She's no Emi. There is no established height for Suzu as far as I know, but I'm pretty sure she's not as tall as Shizune. Maybe Misha-height? Let's go with 5'2" so we'll have some number we could reference.

bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

In increasing order, from the character sheets:

Emi: 151 cm (4'11")
Shizune/Misha: 158 cm (5'2")
Rin: 161 cm (5'3")
Hanako: 164 cm (5'5")
Lilly: 171 cm (5'7")

And Rin, who's almost emaciated and is missing body parts, is 50 kg.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

You do know those values were randomized back in the day?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
acquireTigris

Post by acquireTigris »

Didn't know the wonder twins had the same height.

I think 4LS may have overestimated their weights a bit. Asians tend to be waaay lighter than that.

Human physiology is the darnedest thing. The same somebody from high school weighs 45 kg and is 5'2". She doesn't look underweight either.