Irreversible

WORDS WORDS WORDS
User avatar
Liminaut
Posts: 260
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:52 pm
Location: Broca's Area

Re: Irreversible

Post by Liminaut » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:41 pm

It's not a story about KS, it's a story about reading KS. As such, I thought is was an interesting and entertaining take on the matter. Experimental fiction is experimental.

User avatar
Yukarin
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:42 am

Re: Irreversible

Post by Yukarin » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:07 pm

my god this is the best concept ever

i like it very much! Question though, are you going to go for every girl's routes or no?

User avatar
Walshy12238
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:58 am
Location: Australia

Re: Irreversible

Post by Walshy12238 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:31 am

As mentioned by a few others before, I feel like it's mostly just a retelling of the story. Don't get me wrong, it has potential and I feel like you can make into something really cool, but for now it's just not hitting that.

I'll make sure to come back and read more when you update again, though. Best of luck! :)
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin

User avatar
d2r
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:38 am

Re: Irreversible

Post by d2r » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:19 am

Yukarin wrote:my god this is the best concept ever

i like it very much! Question though, are you going to go for every girl's routes or no?
I don't think so - it would be repetitive.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?

User avatar
Blasphemy
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:26 am

Re: Irreversible

Post by Blasphemy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:36 am

I enjoyed this and actually made me think about how I may have experienced the game if I had approached it like that, that is if such a reverse version existed. I assume I probably wouldn't really have appreciated it much... I mean this kind of backwards scenes order works fantastic for the movie Memento, but that of course is partially about twists and revelations.

But yeah, because it's just a kinda weird thing to do, it would be a worthwhile kind of experiment.

I do agree though that there's little point in writing this for more characters and this had just the right length anyways.

User avatar
d2r
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:38 am

Re: Irreversible

Post by d2r » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:46 pm

Blasphemy wrote:I enjoyed this and actually made me think about how I may have experienced the game if I had approached it like that, that is if such a reverse version existed. I assume I probably wouldn't really have appreciated it much... I mean this kind of backwards scenes order works fantastic for the movie Memento, but that of course is partially about twists and revelations.
To an extent, I was poking fun at that fact - the narrator is written as an extremely pretentious academic, and his interpretation of the game is intended to be somewhat forced. Not to say that the narrator's commentary is 100% bullshit, but it's supposed to be taken with a grain of salt.

As I mentioned to Oddball, the piece was intended as a self-satire in some respects. However, I also think Oddball made a good point when he said that that it simply comes across as "a work which tries to be deep but fails at it" - as opposed to the intended "a work about a man who tries too hard to be deep". I didn't make the distinction clear enough.

Still, I'm glad people are enjoying it. In the end, I think, that's what matters.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?

Post Reply