Irreversible

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Liminaut

Re: Irreversible

Post by Liminaut »

It's not a story about KS, it's a story about reading KS. As such, I thought is was an interesting and entertaining take on the matter. Experimental fiction is experimental.
Yukarin

Post by Yukarin »

my god this is the best concept ever

i like it very much! Question though, are you going to go for every girl's routes or no?
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

As mentioned by a few others before, I feel like it's mostly just a retelling of the story. Don't get me wrong, it has potential and I feel like you can make into something really cool, but for now it's just not hitting that.

I'll make sure to come back and read more when you update again, though. Best of luck! :)
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
d2r

Post by d2r »

Yukarin wrote:my god this is the best concept ever

i like it very much! Question though, are you going to go for every girl's routes or no?
I don't think so - it would be repetitive.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Blasphemy

Post by Blasphemy »

I enjoyed this and actually made me think about how I may have experienced the game if I had approached it like that, that is if such a reverse version existed. I assume I probably wouldn't really have appreciated it much... I mean this kind of backwards scenes order works fantastic for the movie Memento, but that of course is partially about twists and revelations.

But yeah, because it's just a kinda weird thing to do, it would be a worthwhile kind of experiment.

I do agree though that there's little point in writing this for more characters and this had just the right length anyways.
d2r

Post by d2r »

Blasphemy wrote:I enjoyed this and actually made me think about how I may have experienced the game if I had approached it like that, that is if such a reverse version existed. I assume I probably wouldn't really have appreciated it much... I mean this kind of backwards scenes order works fantastic for the movie Memento, but that of course is partially about twists and revelations.
To an extent, I was poking fun at that fact - the narrator is written as an extremely pretentious academic, and his interpretation of the game is intended to be somewhat forced. Not to say that the narrator's commentary is 100% bullshit, but it's supposed to be taken with a grain of salt.

As I mentioned to Oddball, the piece was intended as a self-satire in some respects. However, I also think Oddball made a good point when he said that that it simply comes across as "a work which tries to be deep but fails at it" - as opposed to the intended "a work about a man who tries too hard to be deep". I didn't make the distinction clear enough.

Still, I'm glad people are enjoying it. In the end, I think, that's what matters.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?