Bugger It, Oneshot Thread (Morse Update 10/4/16)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

brythain

Re: Bugger It, Oneshot Thread (No Words Update 29/7/15)

Post by brythain »

Munchenhausen wrote:Takashi's heart beats out of control as he watches her swagger down the walkway, trying to keep his eyes on the back of her head. Before slipping out of view, she looks back and gives a coy little wave.
At that moment, I thought he'd become a Nakai Syndrome victim. :D

What a great read this was! I've never explored the IT Room before.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Munchenhausen wrote:what happened
I daresay you've had a bout of sanity, Munch. That, or sobriety. Worry not, this two litre bottle of cider should have you back to normal in a jiffy. Just take one every, eh, twenty minutes ought to do the trick :wink:

Anyway, enough of that, I liked it a lot!
Somebody's being nice to Takashi for once. 'bout damn time, if you ask me.

Very cute story, Munch! :D
You know, I've been saying that far too often recently. I feel like it's suddenly become the job of every active fan-fic writer on the forums to try and plaster an extremely dopey-looking grin on my face.
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

This was really sweet. Interesting how this Molly is more confident and a little flirty rather than super shy and awkward like we usually see her. This fit what you were going for better, though.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

AntonSlavik020 wrote:This was really sweet. Interesting how this Molly is more confident and a little flirty rather than super shy and awkward like we usually see her. This fit what you were going for better, though.
There's a usual depiction of Molly now? Man, I've got to read more fanfiction. Confident and a tad flirty fits seems to suit her better than shy and awkward would, I think.

Very cute story, Munch.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Munchenhausen wrote:No Words
Level with me. Was this an exercise in writing a meaningful piece with no dialogue at all? Because, well done. Though I am a little worried that there seems to be zero physical security in Yamaku's IT infrastructure, heh.
daren't
Now there's a word you don't see often enough.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

Atario wrote:Level with me. Was this an exercise in writing a meaningful piece with no dialogue at all? Because, well done. Though I am a little worried that there seems to be zero physical security in Yamaku's IT infrastructure, heh.
Time for a watchdogs crossover. :lol:
One Shots - My stories thread.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Cheers, guys! All your input is like fuel for the delapicated Rover 214 that is my brain! :)
Atario wrote: Level with me. Was this an exercise in writing a meaningful piece with no dialogue at all? Because, well done.
You got me :P this one's been flipped, snipped and reformed that many times, then I got frustrated at the meagre dialogue I'd done. I remember thinking "fuck, why do I have to have dialogue?"
then this appeared :P
Though I am a little worried that there seems to be zero physical security in Yamaku's IT infrastructure, heh.
What I left out was Takashi's huge kung-fu attack on Yamaku's security barracks :lol: ;)
daren't
Now there's a word you don't see often enough.
it's a word I use regularly, funnily enough :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Munchenhausen

Re: Bugger It, Oneshot Thread (Morse Update 10/4/16)

Post by Munchenhausen »

Oh hey, I'm not dead yet

Morse

Lilly swiftly makes her way around the school’s corridors after hours. Using her ears to pick up how crowded the path is and her cane to make sure she doesn't catch herself on any unanticipated obstacles, she practically power-walks through the winding halls, deeper and deeper into the building. Eventually, she reaches the room. She’s positive it's the right room - she's made this exact journey countless times - but still feels the braille underneath the small number plaque.

She holds for a second and listens for voices. No talking, but definite movement inside. Probably writing, by how repetitive and rapid the movement sounds. She deftly knocks in a small rhythm and pushes the door open.

“Hello,” she calls into the room. The movement ceases, but whoever it is is definitely there. She can hear them shifting about in their seat. “Is it just you in here, Shizune?”

She’s not expecting an answer, she asked just in case there was someone else in here. Upon no response, apart from the sound of someone sitting and folding their arms, Lilly closes the door behind her. She takes a seat across from the deaf girl and waits patiently for the communication to begin. Shizune’s not playing along, but Lilly is more than patient enough to wait. The most patient girl in the school waiting on the most stubborn girl.

The silence holds steady for at least two minutes before Shizune finally caves. She begins knocking on the table, Morse code.
[What?]

Shizune watches Lilly's hands intently. Light taps on the table indicating dots and swift drags with her fingernails indicating dashes; both are fluent in Morse. It's time-consuming and requires plenty of concentration, but sometimes it's the only way of communicating. [How is he doing in class?]

[Fine] Shizune loathes how long Lilly drags out her sentences. She reckons it's better done as her Sign Language is done; short, concise phrases getting the important details over and leaving your brain to fill the gaps… All these extraneous words just make conversation take far too long. [Why?]

[I think you may be overloading him. He seems distracted and always tired. You do realise he shouldn't be worked too hard? His heart may not be able to take too much.] Lilly sighs. She knows better than anyone that her boyfriend isn't exactly capable of what Shizune would call ‘a decent level of work’.

[He's fine. Stop smothering him.] Shizune smirks as she taps this out. She thinks Lilly’s always been too soft on people, and that some boys can easily achieve so much more, they just need to be bossed about a bit. Or a lot. Hisao certainly seems to work perfectly fine with their method.

[I see. Just go easy on him, okay?] There really isn't much more to say… they sit in eachother's tense company for a few seconds before Lilly decides to use the time to bring up one other thing on her mind. [I know what you're doing. Keeping him busy just to keep him away from me? You always were the jealous type.]

[I don't know what you mean] Shizune stifles a laugh. She knows exactly what Lilly means, but finds humour in the stark difference between Lilly’s accusation and the truth. A few seconds pass before Lilly stands and reaches for her cane.

[Goodbye.] The blind girl taps in one final message before leaving, rather disappointed at how little she had achieved. She feels for the door and makes her way through it.

After leaving it a moment or two for Lilly to get out of ear-shot, Hisao finally breathes. He slumps back and relaxes, shirtless and bound to his chair. Shizune stands and twists the key in the door, turning to see the furious expression on her boy toy's face. She isn't taking the incident nearly as seriously as he is. She's is going to be the end of him, he knows it.

[I’ll remember to lock it, next time~]
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Munch: Never change and never be away from this thread so long again.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Rhodri wrote:Munch: Never change and never be away from this thread so long again.
Here I was thinking it would be about Inspector Morse, with his iconic theme music... :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
apackofbadgers

Re: Bugger It, I'll Make This A Oneshot Thread

Post by apackofbadgers »

Munchenhausen wrote:"I told him it were a wild dog. He shot it anyway. Crazy bastard, he was."
10/10 ending