Bugger It, Oneshot Thread (Morse Update 10/4/16)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Atario

Re: Bugger It, I'll Make This A Oneshot Thread

Post by Atario »

I laughed, despite my discomfort.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
PlayNemesis

Post by PlayNemesis »

Now you're going to have Hanabros pretending to be Potato for WEEKS. Congratulations.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

So KS Fanfiction has degenerated to this...

This reminds me of another Hanako story that was once posted here - one that had the dubious honour of being one of the rare stories to be immediately shot down by SC.

This one is not quite as bad, but it is still abysmal in style, grammar, french and most other categories as well.
Can't say the intended humour got to me either.
If you had posted it a day earlier you'd at least have had an excuse...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Mirage_GSM wrote:This one is not quite as bad, but it is still abysmal in style, grammar, french and most other categories as well.
So long as it's not the worst you've ever read, I can sleep happy :3
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I love this forum.
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

Mirage_GSM wrote:So KS Fanfiction has degenerated to this...

This reminds me of another Hanako story that was once posted here - one that had the dubious honour of being one of the rare stories to be immediately shot down by SC.

This one is not quite as bad, but it is still abysmal in style, grammar, french and most other categories as well.
Can't say the intended humour got to me either.
If you had posted it a day earlier you'd at least have had an excuse...
This is like criticizing death metal for not being melodic. Just because you think that's how things should be, doesn't mean the world agrees with you. Was it bad? Yeah, but it was a Rocky Horror or Snakes On A Plane kind of bad. It was so bad it was awesome. It was a god damned Sharknado.

I bet you didn't like Sharknado either, you filthy barbarian.
Art is never finished, only abandoned.
Nekonomicon thread and downloads
White Mice music!
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Most likely saved from the brink by [SCENE REDACTED]. I shit you not.

Also on a general note, there's a tendency to walk the "absolute stupidity territory" lately. Watch it.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

YourFavAnon

Post by YourFavAnon »

I'm sorry, but that wasn't even funny. Not 'LOLSORANDOM XDDDDD' or anything at all, for that matter. Was just plain 'ol stupid shit with literally no purpose. C'mon, man...

This is like the one show from within the film Idiocracy, where all of the audience was basically retarded and that was the only reason that the 'show' was funny to them. Good lord.
I write things occasionally.

Dumps of my 35+ fics can be found here and here (including some non-KS stuff).
monkeywitha6pack

Post by monkeywitha6pack »

I kinda have to agree with the general consensus that that was a little to far to go...
Wahahaha~.
d2r

Post by d2r »

monkeywitha6pack wrote:I kinda have to agree with the general consensus that that was a little to far to go...
I dunno; if Potato was OK with it, where's the harm? It'd be different if he was offended or outraged at the representation, but to the extent he's OK with it, there isn't anything intrinsically wrong with the post.

Of course, that sort of...absurdist...humour might not appeal to everyone, but that's a different issue altogether. In the end, it's just a joke; there's no need to get worked up. Or so it seems to me, at any rate.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
brythain

Post by brythain »

d2r wrote:
monkeywitha6pack wrote:I kinda have to agree with the general consensus that that was a little to far to go...
I dunno; if Potato was OK with it, where's the harm? It'd be different if he was offended or outraged at the representation, but to the extent he's OK with it, there isn't anything intrinsically wrong with the post.

Of course, that sort of...absurdist...humour might not appeal to everyone, but that's a different issue altogether. In the end, it's just a joke; there's no need to get worked up. Or so it seems to me, at any rate.
There are many things 'wrong' with that post from various perspectives (including 'so wrong that it might be right', from some people) but I leave you with a god-canonical reply from not too long ago… here.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

Silentcook wrote:Most likely saved from the brink by [SCENE REDACTED]. I shit you not.

Also on a general note, there's a tendency to walk the "absolute stupidity territory" lately. Watch it.
YourFavAnon wrote:I'm sorry, but that wasn't even funny. Not 'LOLSORANDOM XDDDDD' or anything at all, for that matter. Was just plain 'ol stupid shit with literally no purpose. C'mon, man...

This is like the one show from within the film Idiocracy, where all of the audience was basically retarded and that was the only reason that the 'show' was funny to them. Good lord.
Not everyone appreciates transgressive art. Not everyone appreciates 12-tone serialism, cubism, Dadaism, or South Park either. But if you're going to decide one or more of these are "over the line" then it needs to be set out in writing. It's not just to prevent people from deliberately being asshats. Some of us really do think things like this are funny and don't hesitate to use them when we think they fit. Other times, it just gets the job done faster and more effectively than trying to toe the line.

For the record, I thought Potato's version of "The Aristocrats" was incredibly offensive, but also incredibly funny, and that any forum that feels that's worth a warning is weaker for its inability to recognize this. This was not on that level of funny, but it was also not on that level of offensive.

Personally, I think much of the world (particularly an insular group such as this) can use a shake-up whether it's well-written or not. We don't just wake up one day knowing how to write effectively. It takes time, and if enabling the growth of writers is outside your scope, that too should be laid out up front. The first part of success is "suck". Was this a Fight Club or a Naked Lunch? No, of course it wasn't. But accepting works such as this is the price to be paid for us to get the diamonds among the dog shit.
Art is never finished, only abandoned.
Nekonomicon thread and downloads
White Mice music!
brythain

Post by brythain »

NekoDude wrote:Personally, I think much of the world (particularly an insular group such as this) can use a shake-up whether it's well-written or not. We don't just wake up one day knowing how to write effectively. It takes time, and if enabling the growth of writers is outside your scope, that too should be laid out up front. The first part of success is "suck". Was this a Fight Club or a Naked Lunch? No, of course it wasn't. But accepting works such as this is the price to be paid for us to get the diamonds among the dog shit.
This looks as if it could be moving to the Fan Works or Public Discussion level. I do think your argument is valid, for what that's worth.

Just two points:

1) It's a bit presumptuous to think this is an insular group—I suspect from the views and content expressed here that we're not; we spend a bit of time here only because we have a common appreciation for KS and things related to it. It's actually a very eclectic group, judging from the details and styles and material (including jokes, cultural references and esoteric facts) that people put into their 'product'. Or not.

2) If there are diamonds in the dog shit, you might need to separate them somehow. Diamonds don't help plants to grow, and shit isn't normally considered decorative or useful for drilling/cutting. If you're making them from dog shit, you need a lot of pressure and heat. That said, the point might be to juxtapose the diamonds with the shit, so you can just leave things be. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

And to think the only thing stopping me from getting Cooked was that I couldn't be bothered to write an entire H-scene featuring two scene changes and raw shrimp

It's a little disheartening, since random bullshit is kinda the only trick up my sleeve, but I can try and tone it down if people are that against it :)
I just find it easier, since it's hard to fail if you're not really taking it that seriously yourself ;P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

NekoDude wrote:This is like criticizing death metal for not being melodic. Just because you think that's how things should be, doesn't mean the world agrees with you. Was it bad? Yeah, but it was a Rocky Horror or Snakes On A Plane kind of bad. It was so bad it was awesome. It was a god damned Sharknado.

I bet you didn't like Sharknado either, you filthy barbarian.
Things don't magically become awesome just because you write them bad enough. Conversely just because some people think something is funny, doesn't make it good writing.
You might have noticed that I didn't even bother to point out how incredibly stupid the plot is and how the characters are way off, because that much is obvious to everyone. Instead I focussed on the grammar issues.

I never watched Sharknado, so I can't really say one way or the other.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.