Yamaku Book Club (20200127 A God Among Men)

WORDS WORDS WORDS
Oddball

Re: Yamaku Book Club (Project Indigo)

Post by Oddball » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:27 pm

The holidays are far behind us now, let's get the bookclub started back up again. I'd ask if anybody missed it, but I'm just going to assume everyone will say "yes" and move on.

This time we're looking at Miki Route/Project Indigo by Req. Req is actually one of my favorite KS fanartists and it's nice to see them try something with the written word as well. The story itself suffers from the infamous Miki curse, so it's not completed and hasn't been updated in years.

It's script fic and a know a lot of people don't like that, myself included, but it does a good job with mood and personality. My only real complaint is how the story handled Suzu.
Not Dead Yet

Oddball

Re: Yamaku Book Club (A God Among Men)

Post by Oddball » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:26 pm

No replies to the book club.

None.

It's rather disheartening and I'm wondering if I should even keep this going.

Well, let's see if that was just a one time exception. Let's try this one more time.

A God Among Men by Neuman.

What's this story about? Death Note. More specifically, KENJI getting the Death Note.

It's actually a pretty silly story that never pretends it's anything but a parody, but for what it is, it's actually rather well done. Lilly's role came as a bit of a surprise. As did Rin's.

On an unrelated note, I LOVE that guy's avatar.
Not Dead Yet

Feurox

Re: Yamaku Book Club (20200113 Project Indigo)

Post by Feurox » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:47 pm

As for why I didn't comment on the previous story; I really don't have the time to read through script. I do enough for work, and I'd rather enjoy what I'm reading on here. Not that scripts are all bad - one of my favourite stories ever is Glengarry Glen Ross. Still, in KS at least, I don't have the patience for it. I'll take your word for it that it's good, and carry on.

For this next story - wow it went on! I didn't realise how many chapters there were at first, (and there's even an epilogue!). Still, it was a fun enough read. Like you say, it doesn't pretend to be anything that it isn't, but it succeeds incredibly at being a silly parody story. It's wonderfully written too, and like you, I was surprised by Rin's role in the story! I admit though, stories like this aren't for me as a rule, and this wasn't the exception.

PKMNthiefChris

Re: Yamaku Book Club (20200127 A God Among Men)

Post by PKMNthiefChris » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:19 pm

That was funny.

Mirage_GSM

Re: Yamaku Book Club (20200127 A God Among Men)

Post by Mirage_GSM » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:49 am

Uhm... Yes, that exists.
Neumann wrote a lot of good stuff, but as I wrote in that thread "I did read "A god among men", but to put it mildly, I'm not the biggest fan of Death Note, so it wasn't really my thing through no fault of [his]."
Sorry for not commenting on the last one. I've been pretty swamped the last couple of weeks and am just now starting to catch up with what has been going on in the forums.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.