Endorphin Rush - An Emilogue (UPDATED 5/10/14)

WORDS WORDS WORDS
User avatar
dewelar
Posts: 1228
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:09 pm
Location: The Fifth Thing

Re: Endorphin Rush - An Emilogue (UPDATED 5/10/14)

Post by dewelar » Mon May 12, 2014 10:48 am

brythain wrote:That said, how interesting you can make Emi may depend on how well you respond in general to the question, "How much sympathy or empathy can I develop for plain vanilla people who suddenly experience trauma or who have trauma thrust upon them?" :)
I'm guessing the reason Emi isn't over there yelling at you for calling her "plain vanilla" is that she's over here yelling at me to do it. Not that I'm complaining... :wink:

Also, "plain vanilla" + "trauma thrust upon them" isn't that far removed from being a description of Hanako, either. Is it more interesting to have such trauma manifest outwardly or inwardly? :)
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3529
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: Endorphin Rush - An Emilogue (UPDATED 5/10/14)

Post by brythain » Mon May 12, 2014 10:53 am

dewelar wrote:
brythain wrote:That said, how interesting you can make Emi may depend on how well you respond in general to the question, "How much sympathy or empathy can I develop for plain vanilla people who suddenly experience trauma or who have trauma thrust upon them?" :)
I'm guessing the reason Emi isn't over there yelling at you for calling her "plain vanilla" is that she's over here yelling at me to do it. Not that I'm complaining... :wink:

Also, "plain vanilla" + "trauma thrust upon them" isn't that far removed from being a description of Hanako, either. Is it more interesting to have such trauma manifest outwardly or inwardly? :)
Emi is over here asking me if I want chocolate or caramel sauce on my plain vanilla. It is very distracting. :D

As for Hanako, yes also, but with a lot less support hence more trauma, is my guess.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
dewelar
Posts: 1228
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:09 pm
Location: The Fifth Thing

Re: Endorphin Rush - An Emilogue (UPDATED 5/10/14)

Post by dewelar » Mon May 12, 2014 11:01 am

brythain wrote:
dewelar wrote:I'm guessing the reason Emi isn't over there yelling at you for calling her "plain vanilla" is that she's over here yelling at me to do it. Not that I'm complaining... :wink:
Emi is over here asking me if I want chocolate or caramel sauce on my plain vanilla. It is very distracting. :D
Ah, Fastest Thing on No Legs indeed...made it halfway 'round the world in a few minutes :D.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!

bhtooefr
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

Re: Endorphin Rush - An Emilogue (UPDATED 5/10/14)

Post by bhtooefr » Mon May 12, 2014 11:12 am

brythain wrote:
dewelar wrote:Also, "plain vanilla" + "trauma thrust upon them" isn't that far removed from being a description of Hanako, either. Is it more interesting to have such trauma manifest outwardly or inwardly? :)
Emi is over here asking me if I want chocolate or caramel sauce on my plain vanilla. It is very distracting. :D
I see what you did there.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!

User avatar
griffon8
Posts: 1116
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Southeast Michigan, USA

Re: Endorphin Rush - An Emilogue (UPDATED 5/10/14)

Post by griffon8 » Mon May 12, 2014 2:41 pm

JohnnyTruant wrote:
griffon8 wrote:The guy on the bench was dressed as a limousine driver. The same guy drove the ambulance later.

In Hanako’s story, he was constantly seen an a limousine driver, through the generations. And at the end, he was somehow able to deliver a letter from Hanako, written after she was dead, to her children/grandchildren.
Still not entirely sure how that qualifies as a "supernatural presence".
Oh, are letters written by dead people and delivered by immortals a common occurrence for you?
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing

User avatar
JohnnyTruant
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:18 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Endorphin Rush - An Emilogue (UPDATED 5/10/14)

Post by JohnnyTruant » Tue May 13, 2014 10:52 pm

griffon8 wrote: Oh, are letters written by dead people and delivered by immortals a common occurrence for you?
The letter was implied to be written while Hanako was still alive. The same character isn't supposed to be immortal. Just because he's featured in some of That Guy's other works doesn't mean the character is immortal. It's just an Easter egg. No where in either of the stories does it say or imply that the character also did other help relating to another story. Therefore, I believe your argument is invalid unless proven otherwise.
"I like a cool, good pedal." - Nick Reinhardt (guitarist, main vocalist) of Tera Melos on his pedalboard.

bhtooefr
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

Re: Endorphin Rush - An Emilogue (UPDATED 5/10/14)

Post by bhtooefr » Wed May 14, 2014 5:07 am

AFAIK the character isn't actually immortal, but he appears in, oh, about a 80-100 year timespan in Hanako's storyline without aging.

And, yes, it's a dead Hanako and Hisao that write the letter.

http://pastebin.com/i4pwk0SZ
http://pastebin.com/J7pSYzTA
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3529
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: Endorphin Rush - An Emilogue (UPDATED 5/10/14)

Post by brythain » Wed May 14, 2014 5:48 am

bhtooefr wrote:AFAIK the character isn't actually immortal, but he appears in, oh, about a 80-100 year timespan in Hanako's storyline without aging.

And, yes, it's a dead Hanako and Hisao that write the letter.

http://pastebin.com/i4pwk0SZ
http://pastebin.com/J7pSYzTA
I think he's too literal-minded to get this part. Good of you to try. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
JohnnyTruant
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:18 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Endorphin Rush - An Emilogue (UPDATED 5/10/14)

Post by JohnnyTruant » Wed May 14, 2014 11:07 pm

brythain wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:AFAIK the character isn't actually immortal, but he appears in, oh, about a 80-100 year timespan in Hanako's storyline without aging.

And, yes, it's a dead Hanako and Hisao that write the letter.

http://pastebin.com/i4pwk0SZ
http://pastebin.com/J7pSYzTA
I think he's too literal-minded to get this part. Good of you to try. :)
:mrgreen:

Unless you're referring to me. It's then funny, because I was thinking the same about him as well.

There's a difference between wanting to be challenged with logic, reason, and cold hard proof and being literal-minded.
"I like a cool, good pedal." - Nick Reinhardt (guitarist, main vocalist) of Tera Melos on his pedalboard.

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3529
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: Endorphin Rush - An Emilogue (UPDATED 5/10/14)

Post by brythain » Wed May 14, 2014 11:48 pm

JohnnyTruant wrote:
brythain wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:AFAIK the character isn't actually immortal, but he appears in, oh, about a 80-100 year timespan in Hanako's storyline without aging.

And, yes, it's a dead Hanako and Hisao that write the letter.

http://pastebin.com/i4pwk0SZ
http://pastebin.com/J7pSYzTA
I think he's too literal-minded to get this part. Good of you to try. :)
:mrgreen:

Unless you're referring to me. It's then funny, because I was thinking the same about him as well.

There's a difference between wanting to be challenged with logic, reason, and cold hard proof and being literal-minded.
:) ambiguity and metaphor are tools of our trade, and logic can be hard proven by such.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
JohnnyTruant
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:18 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Endorphin Rush - An Emilogue (UPDATED 5/10/14)

Post by JohnnyTruant » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:25 pm

MAJOR UPDATE 11/23: Our editor has went AWOL, therefore I have to search for a new one. I have taken a hiatus to focus on my life, but I'm hoping to find a new editor soon and start back up. Since I have a less flexible schedule, I'm hoping to post 2 chapters a month. If you're interested in editing for this project, by all means message me. Thanks!
"I like a cool, good pedal." - Nick Reinhardt (guitarist, main vocalist) of Tera Melos on his pedalboard.

Post Reply