Akira-pseudo route [12/21]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

bhtooefr

Re: Akira-pseudo route [12/21]

Post by bhtooefr »

Rikabro's Rika route is completed, too.

There's also an OC x OC listed as being complete, but that gets a little different.

Hanako's Story is in progress, but the bad end is complete. And it's a little different in that it's a retelling of Hanako's VN route from Hanako's POV, not a new story.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Based on the overwhelming outpouring of negativity, criticism, and generally contrary commentary that has been piling on steadily since this thread was posted, even without a single word from the advertized route being available for reading, I think it's safe to assume that none of the claims made by 'nubbs', or his fictional supporters are worthy of consideration. Therefore, I hereby wash my hands of this entire debacle. In short: may you find peace in whatever you do, but leave my peace alone.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

TheGoatman wrote:Suzu and Saki - which other ones? I'm aware of the Kagame route and the Akira both being pretty far in, but no others come to mind when I think of finished or near finished routes.
A pseudo-pseudo Suzu route
Can You Open Your Heart?
Greater Than the Sum
Katawa Kijo
Themocaw's Saki Pseudo-Route/A Saki-Pseudo Route Continuation

Just going by Comrade/Mirage's definition of a route. YMMV.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
TheGoatman

Post by TheGoatman »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:
TheGoatman wrote:Suzu and Saki - which other ones? I'm aware of the Kagame route and the Akira both being pretty far in, but no others come to mind when I think of finished or near finished routes.
A pseudo-pseudo Suzu route
Can You Open Your Heart?
Greater Than the Sum
Katawa Kijo

Never read the saki continuation, may have mistaken the Saki for Rika, will have to reread the entire thing just to be certain, I forgot about Greater than the Sum, got halfway through and never went back to it, read and forgot about Rika. I don't think I've read Katawa Kijo either ^_~ I've been slacking, read the one it's based off of but not the story itself. Time to get reading!
I'm just a rusty old goat and a poor writer by anyone's standards, so no need to take my advice to heart, and when you do, take a handful of salt with it.
Blasphemy

Post by Blasphemy »

After reading the quite interesting and long discussion Limits of Fanfiction - What is appropriate? as well as having read e.g. the sticky Tips for fanfiction writers (that means YOU) thread in the past I can't help but laugh out when someone wants to do his own take of a fanfic route he considers flawed and then continues to mention one of the most cliché KS fanfic tropes: the American who comes to Yamaku.
TheGoatman

Post by TheGoatman »

Blasphemy wrote:After reading the quite interesting and long discussion Limits of Fanfiction - What is appropriate? as well as having read e.g. the sticky Tips for fanfiction writers (that means YOU) thread in the past I can't help but laugh out when someone wants to do his own take of a fanfic route he considers flawed and then continues to mention one of the most cliché KS fanfic tropes: the American who comes to Yamaku.
As much as I hate to ruin the beauty of it, I just had to point out that when I looked at this thread and saw "Blasphemy" on it, it was just so perfect..

Since I'm a terrible person for ruining it, I took the liberty of saving it for you all to enjoy.

I'm just a rusty old goat and a poor writer by anyone's standards, so no need to take my advice to heart, and when you do, take a handful of salt with it.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu route
Can You Open Your Heart?
Greater Than the Sum
Katawa Kijo

Yes those, but there are at least two or three more that I haven't gotten to add to the library yet.
The definition we used was "a story that begins with Hisao (or another character) meeting a girl and describes the entire relationship."
Of course it would also apply to a yuri route like Broken Dolls.
We did not use it for stories that begin after one of the canon endings, since thoses go as "Epilogues" instead of "Routes"
I don't think I've read Katawa Kijo either ^_~ I've been slacking, read the one it's based off of but not the story itself.
I think you confused "Katawa Kijo" with "Tripping". The former doesn't have any one-off it is based on.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
TheGoatman

Post by TheGoatman »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
I don't think I've read Katawa Kijo either ^_~ I've been slacking, read the one it's based off of but not the story itself.
I think you confused "Katawa Kijo" with "Tripping". The former doesn't have any one-off it is based on.
Mirage_GSM wrote:Hello and welcome to the beginning of my latest Fanfiction. I got the idea for this one when I read this story a few months ago, and now I finally got to start writing it. Thanks to Leotrak for his valuable input and I hope you enjoy reading it.
Further critique is always welcome ;-)
Maybe I just misread this post, I took it as being based off that story, my bad!
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

One opening post. Two pages of thread. What do you get out of this?

At this point, I'd heavily suggest "wait and see".
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Mournful3ch0

Post by Mournful3ch0 »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:I'm starting to think a "Route Writing Dos and Don'ts" sticky could be pertinent. Well, it would be if people actually read them. It could save the repeated "don't do this pls" posts that new route threads attract, be they justified or not. They're almost making us seem like we're unsupportive or downright discouraging, and me seem like a hypocrite given my own origins. How else will people learn why these ideas are bad, if not by writing them and seeing for themselves?
Though not a bad idea, nobody with intents to write stories it seems will go through the trouble of reading the "Tips for fanfiction writers (that means YOU)" thread by GG Crono anyway. Not to say I disagree, but we may want to do a good job of consolidating and compressing the wealth of information in that thread and those following into a more manageable wall of text that won't take a lot of mental bandwidth to process. Simple, elegant, and eye catching. I, for one, would love to post a new thread that mines the finest bits from the six page sketch and bundles it all into a masterpiece, but I could never do it without relying almost entirely on community input via thread responses.

What do you more experienced fellas think? I'm aware that any one of you could write it much more eloquently than I ever could, but what's your opinion? Yay or nay?
Image "Forsooth, that line was feeble." - Courtesy of Mirage_GSM
Image "It occurs to me that maybe I’m an idiot." - Thanks to Jaspirian
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Mournful3ch0 wrote:What do you more experienced fellas think? I'm aware that any one of you could write it much more eloquently than I ever could, but what's your opinion? Yay or nay?
This may come as a shock considering my penchant for extremely verbose exposition, extensive use of dialogue cues, and other such seemingly unnecessary wordiness in my writing, but I'm a huge fan of consolidation. In the case of a thread like the "Tips for Fan-Fiction Writers", I think condensing it into manageable chunks with little or no discourse in between would prove much more useful to those inexperienced writers who might use it as a resource. However, and I mean this rationally, the idea of breaking up a thread and removing its personality, the interplay between disagreeing authors, and ultimately the amorphous and ever-expanding knowledge base presented might be a foolhardy endeavor.
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:Quite like myself. I had thought Thanatos' thread had updated when I saw this, actually, given the date in the title.
Same. I had a brief moment of panic when I thought Thanatos had deleted the thread, because I opened this and only saw two pages. :o
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.