Re: Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (New NSFW Art 2/22)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Eurobeatjester

Re: Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (New Art 8/29)

Post by Eurobeatjester »

brythain wrote:It's beautiful, and like I said, the full suit is far nicer than the bikini. :)
I'll definitely commission him for a bikini pic :P It was a freebie, so I can't complain...but I love the design if it covered more of her chest, haha
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Okay, that title card is pretty friggin' sweet :D
brythain wrote:It's beautiful, and like I said, the full suit is far nicer than the bikini. :)
Basically this
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
hyroglyphixs

Post by hyroglyphixs »

Well, I've took a hiatus on these forums for a few months, and I had the pleasure of reading all your newest chapters.

All I have to say is that your writing is fantastic. That entire last chapter, I was so drawn into Saki and Hisao's conversation that it was as if I was in the corner listening in on them. Fantastic job, and I cannot wait for what's next! :D
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite" - Okabe Rintarou
El. Psy. Congroo~
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Thanks guys :)

I have to put the writing mostly on hold for this next month. Life happened and I'm moving...again...and the place I'm moving to needs renovation work. I'll try to write when I can (already have a good chunk done) but this kinda took me by surprise :oops:
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Hesmiyu
Location: England, United Kingdom, British Isles, Europe, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Hesmiyu »

Eurobeatjester wrote:Thanks guys :)

I have to put the writing mostly on hold for this next month. Life happened and I'm moving...again...and the place I'm moving to needs renovation work. I'll try to write when I can (already have a good chunk done) but this kinda took me by surprise :oops:
Just means more time to come up with more ideas for more stuff to happen :-), I'm not going anywhere.
The line below is false.
The line above is true.

Being disabled is just differently abled differently labelled.

My art: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10190
Swim story(Currently 11 chapters long) http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=10221
Wecthil

Post by Wecthil »

Ugh, finally.

At last, I finally found the time to read it to the recent point. I did think really long and really hard about this, as I intend(or maybe intended by now?) to write about Saki myself and try(tried?) to not be biased and to not be tempted to copy anything. (Past tense? Past tense. Intended. And tried.)

God dammit time. You did not promise to much.

As i said a few times on Funnyjunk(I think?), I really like your style, EBJ. And I'm quite sure I will literally camp this thread, waiting for the next scene. Your Saki is everything I could have asked for, and more. Although I still can't put it into words(which embarasses my inner journalist-self more by the second), the way in which the story and her character unfolds shows me on a emotional level why I fell for Saki at first glance, even though nothing more than her name, her condition, her picture and one quote was given. Hell, I fell for Lilly the moment Hisao opened the door in her first scene.
It's the exact same feeling.
Not falling for someone in a love-, or, god have mercy, waifu-kind of way, but in the way of seeing a person, an animal, or even an object, hearing music, witnessing a masterpiece of art, and instantly feeling a connection, be it someone/-thing alive or some piece created. There is a word in spanish for this feeling: "Duende", the mysterious power that a work of art has to deeply move a person(if I can trust a random illustrator and wikipedia on this matter^^).
This is it. This is the feeling. It scares the shit out of me when this happens and makes me happy at the same time; to witness someone, something, and immediately feel this strange connection. Scared, because you can't pinpoint the origin of this feeling. Happy, because you know there is another person or another thing which has the ability or carries the possibility to change your life as it is. Just by being there. Just by interacting with you. Just by being interacted with.
This is the power the character of Saki houses for me. And this is what you have been able to form into words up to this point.

This may sound cliché, this may sound obsessing(or even borderline OCD if you want to read it that way), or this may sound just plain stupid or blatant crazy. Maybe you think your piece of art has atracted some random section eight. Maybe none of these. Maybe all of them. I don't know.

Just three things.
1) I'm glad time mentioned this to me.
2) Keep up with the good work, I'm looking forward to it.
3) Thank you.
Last edited by Wecthil on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
" I've heard he is very knowledgeable..."
"Yes, I guess he is. He's a bit creepy, very perverted, definitely a weirdo and undoubtedly a bespectacled freak, but I think you can depend on him."

Well... sums it up pretty much. Except for the "perverted"-part. Even I have my dignity.
timetravelzero

Post by timetravelzero »

Wecthil wrote: God dammit time
[Stuff]
1) I'm glad time mentioned this to me.
So... are you happy or mad at me? :lol:
Glad you made it here, regardless. :D
Akira>Lilly=Shizune>Emi>Hanako>Mutou=Nurse>Saki>Misha=Rika>Yuuko>Meiko=Miki>Suzu>Kenji>Rin=Iwanako>Jigoro>Nomiya>{POWERGAP}>Hisao Eh, my opinion anyway
Wecthil

Post by Wecthil »

timetravelzero wrote:
So... are you happy or mad at me?
Mad. Happy. Both. None of it. NArgh! I can't decide.
How about this: We just add this to the 80-ish reasons for which you're going to hell. Deal?
"Yes, I guess he is. He's a bit creepy, very perverted, definitely a weirdo and undoubtedly a bespectacled freak, but I think you can depend on him."

Well... sums it up pretty much. Except for the "perverted"-part. Even I have my dignity.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Glad you made it, wecthil :)
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
timetravelzero

Post by timetravelzero »

Wecthil wrote:
timetravelzero wrote:
So... are you happy or mad at me?
Mad. Happy. Both. None of it. NArgh! I can't decide.
How about this: We just add this to the 80-ish reasons for which you're going to hell. Deal?
Deal :lol:
Wait, I'm only at 80..?
Akira>Lilly=Shizune>Emi>Hanako>Mutou=Nurse>Saki>Misha=Rika>Yuuko>Meiko=Miki>Suzu>Kenji>Rin=Iwanako>Jigoro>Nomiya>{POWERGAP}>Hisao Eh, my opinion anyway
Wecthil

Post by Wecthil »

timetravelzero wrote: Wait, I'm only at 80..?
No, but you told me once you lost count of the reasons of which you're going to hell around 80ish. So that is as far as I can narrow it down. I don't know if you're at 80-ish, 800-ish or where the hell you are currently at ^^

Blackmambauk

Post by Blackmambauk »

Just to let everyone know (part from Euro whom I informed yesterday and gave first looks on) I have completed and put up the Learning to Fly TV Trope page on the site.

Here is the link to it. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/F ... rningToFly

I have created YMMV, Funny, Heart-warming and Trivia pages for the fic as well, along with indexing the pages as well. Along with linking the page to here and FF.net where the story is up as well. Along with linking the page on the KS fanfic recommendation page as well.

While I have done my best to make sure that the page has a number of tropes to it and proper context to each trope mentioned. The page can always be improved and I know there are more tropes that the fic uses but I overall ain't sure in what way to write the example or make it interesting for new readers to read about. Plus I ain't too sure on some of the examples I have written either.

So in light of what I have said, me and no doubt Euro welcome everyone who reads the fic to add to the page's, keep it maintained and in order from people who would do it harm. Crosswink examples etc. Improve it in ways that benefit it etc. As the page belongs to the community that makes up this forum and site and no one person.

Of course as long as it fits the rules laid out by Tvtropes and doesn't go into personal or conversational territory.

I want to thank Euro once again for allowing me to do the page for his fic that has engaged me and everyone on this site and elsewhere. Even if the page it brings just one new reader to the site, I consider that to be a success.

This isn't the end, it is merely the beginning of many things to come for the fic and for the TV Tropes page.

The stars are the limit when it comes to fanfiction.

Thank you

Blackmambauk
"I think the greatest skill a writer can have is simply having confidence in themselves to tell the story they want to tell, and to have confidence that their audience will make up their own minds on their story and characters." Blackmambauk

Favourite Route= All the Routes were done well. Each had it's strengths and weak points. But none were bad, a brilliant achievement by the KS Team.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Big thanks!

The move is progressing, as is the next chapter~
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Blackmambauk

Post by Blackmambauk »

Hi just wanted to mention since this was brought to my attention by Alpacalypse that I should have mentioned in my post last week.

In order to edit the Tvtropes page for Learning to Fly. You will need to have or create an account on the site. Alpacalypse ran into some trouble with this today with apparently the confirmation email not working for them. Since Alpa has noticed my grammar and punctuation mistakes for the page and is very nicely taking the time to fix them.

This is something I have had trouble with at first when I created the account, though I was able to edit on it eventually for some reason since I can't remember what I had to do to sort that problem out.

Just wanted to give people a heads up on this, and I hope Alpa can get their Tvtropes account working so the corrections can be made.

But if people can't get an account going on Tvtropes or they are unsure on adding stuff to the page, then what they can do is pm me the fixes or more examples for the page and I will add it on there myself. Don't post it here since it isn't the place for it and it would just clogged it up.

I hope this problem doesn't happen for anyone else and people on the forum can contribute to the page.

Blackmambauk
"I think the greatest skill a writer can have is simply having confidence in themselves to tell the story they want to tell, and to have confidence that their audience will make up their own minds on their story and characters." Blackmambauk

Favourite Route= All the Routes were done well. Each had it's strengths and weak points. But none were bad, a brilliant achievement by the KS Team.