Re: Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (New NSFW Art 2/22)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

timetravelzero

Re: Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (Updated 3/29)

Post by timetravelzero »

Well said, EBJ. As for the details, don't over think it guys.
Akira>Lilly=Shizune>Emi>Hanako>Mutou=Nurse>Saki>Misha=Rika>Yuuko>Meiko=Miki>Suzu>Kenji>Rin=Iwanako>Jigoro>Nomiya>{POWERGAP}>Hisao Eh, my opinion anyway
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

I thought Misha got her tuition reduced because she wanted to go to Yamaku to learn sign language, in hopes of being a teacher or translator, so they gave her a scholarship?

I believe there were all different ways they managed to try to reduce the tuition bill for students of lower-income (Hanako, Molly possibly, etc.) while the other students' parents had to do payments or loans (or even a lien). I remember Hisao going on feeling guilty about how his parents would give up their house, just so they could help Hisao. Or, who knows, maybe they picked up extra hours at work to help with the bill.

Also, didn't it mention at the beginning (back in the hospital) that it was Long QT ventricular arrhythmia? I'm gonna have to go digging in the VN again.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

HoneyBakedHam wrote:I thought Misha got her tuition reduced because she wanted to go to Yamaku to learn sign language, in hopes of being a teacher or translator, so they gave her a scholarship?

I believe there were all different ways they managed to try to reduce the tuition bill for students of lower-income (Hanako, Molly possibly, etc.) while the other students' parents had to do payments or loans (or even a lien). I remember Hisao going on feeling guilty about how his parents would give up their house, just so they could help Hisao. Or, who knows, maybe they picked up extra hours at work to help with the bill.

Also, didn't it mention at the beginning (back in the hospital) that it was Long QT ventricular arrhythmia? I'm gonna have to go digging in the VN again.
Nah, they didn't mention the type. A lot of people think it's Long QT because of the symptoms, but (as I posted a few pages back) it's not consistent with Hisao's treatments. Long QT doesn't require a lot of medication, and Hisao makes it clear he goes through an entire pharmacy on a weekly basis.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

HoneyBakedHam wrote:I remember Hisao going on feeling guilty about how his parents would give up their house, just so they could help Hisao.
They were willing to give up their house to pay for a cure but there wasn't one.
A lot of people think it's Long QT because of the symptoms, but (as I posted a few pages back) it's not consistent with Hisao's treatments. Long QT doesn't require a lot of medication, and Hisao makes it clear he goes through an entire pharmacy on a weekly basis.
Hisao is officially suffering from Long QT Syndrome.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Huh, didn't know it was officially his condition.

In that case, I would think the inconsistency would have been on the part of the developers not researching the condition enough to match up with the treatment. Not saying they didn't or it's a bad thing, but it's not terribly important what the exact condition is from a storytelling perspective.

Besides, I don't think Long QT is mentioned in the actual game.
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

It's never mentioned. In my fic (which, admittedly, doesn't have to listen to the canon if it doesn't want to) it's just a condition "slightly different" from Long QT, with no details except that they excised a cardiac myxoma.
Blank Mage
Location: My own personal hell, with a metered internet connection.

Post by Blank Mage »

And now for part two of our ongoing saga, 'Blank Reads All the Things'. It's an ambitious project.

I can't say I've heard much about this (or indeed any) Saki route, but a quick read of your Rika/Saki short proves that your writing is absolutely worth a look. I'm sure I'll have a more in depth opinion very shortly!
And we're back.
-----------
"I wish I could convey to you just how socially inept I am, but I can't."
"I think you just did."
"No, I really, truly haven't."
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Blank Mage wrote:And now for part two of our ongoing saga, 'Blank Reads All the Things'. It's an ambitious project.

I can't say I've heard much about this (or indeed any) Saki route, but a quick read of your Rika/Saki short proves that your writing is absolutely worth a look. I'm sure I'll have a more in depth opinion very shortly!
I think you have me confused with forgetmenot. He was the one who wrote that piece :)
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Feurox

Post by Feurox »

Eurobeatjester wrote:
Blank Mage wrote:And now for part two of our ongoing saga, 'Blank Reads All the Things'. It's an ambitious project.

I think you have me confused with forgetmenot. He was the one who wrote that piece :)

Oh and aside from shitting up your thread, I like where you're going with this. One of those fics that I have on my, 'keep an eye on' list.
My Molly Route
Ekephrasis and Other Stories
I hate when people ruin perfectly good literature with literary terminology.
- CraftyAtom
Blank Mage

Post by Blank Mage »

Damn, my terrible sense of direction extends into the realm of forum boards. I think I took a wrong turn back in Mean Time to Breakdown...

Regardless, I like where I've ended up! Wandering aimlessly often leads to unexpected finds, after all. Chapter 1 was quite solid, and I'm already enjoying Saki's casually gentle demeanor. Like a toned down Lily. It's a strong start. Now let's just pretend that I'm not an idiot and hope everyone forgets my first post.
And we're back.
-----------
"I think you just did."
Blank Mage

Post by Blank Mage »

Update: Finished act 1!

I really do like where this is going. My initial assessment of Saki was a bit off; she's closer to Emi than Lilly. But as has been mentioned, she's a very balanced character, with lots of interesting facets to her personality. I love how easily she can shift from playful to serious, or concerned, or irritated, without seeming out of place or forced. It's definitely a defining feature of your writing.

(I think it's funny that Leaty envies your relaxed and casual style, and you worry that it's a weakness. I guess the grass is always greener in someone else's depiction of the Yamaku courtyard. I just envy everyone. )

Hisao, for that matter, is pretty interesting here. I remember Dewelar neatly summarizing the difficulties in writing for such a blank personality, but you make it look easy. Even when your writing isn't as inventive or dramatic as other fics, it has an overwhelming sense of sincerity to it that other stories sometimes lack. It's hard to pinpoint, but that's just the feeling I get.

I'll throw some edits into this post as I catch up, looking forward to it.
And we're back.
-----------
"I think you just did."
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

HoneyBakedHam wrote:I thought Misha got her tuition reduced because she wanted to go to Yamaku to learn sign language, in hopes of being a teacher or translator, so they gave her a scholarship?
I also imagine she gets a bit of a discount for not needing any more medical backup than your average teenager.
Art is never finished, only abandoned.
Nekonomicon thread and downloads
White Mice music!
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Working hard on the next chapter :) It won't be as long as some of the others, but hopefully it won't take me two months to get it out :lol:
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Eurobeatjester wrote:Working hard on the next chapter :) It won't be as long as some of the others, but hopefully it won't take me two months to get it out :lol:
All aboard the hype train choo choo!
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.