Re: Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (New NSFW Art 2/22)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Eurobeatjester

Re: Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (Updated 5/18)

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Thank you so much for the positive feedback on this chapter - it means a lot. I'm not going to lie; I was really nervous about this chapter because of the subject matter, and you never know how people will react to what can be a very touchy subject. This isn't the only time this type of thing will be brought up in the story, so I'm honestly really relieved. It was also a reveal I was trying to set up since I started writing this story. The conversation between Saki and Hisao was one of the first things I wrote for this story, years ago...(holy hell has it been that long?)

I also was trying very hard to avoid a pitfall like having Saki's backstory turn into the "typical" overachiever/castaway complex. This is the truth of Saki's situation as Saki sees it. I love how the VN had a few similar moments not just with Hisao but with the girls as well. It gives me a lot of confidence moving forward :mrgreen: You guys are the best!

Now for more detailed replies!
...and one thing that does not quite work out with the succession of events in the last part:
After the two pairs seperate, tey walk for "a few minutes" and then have that conversation that lasts until Saki notices Chisato's text. Somewhere you need to put in more time-padding, because there's no way this conversation lasted so long they missed their bus :-)
In the words of Fry: It took hours to write, I thought it would take hours to read! :lol: Seriously though, I'll add a little padding to it when I get home tonight!
As for traffic jams in Japan... I didn't use the motorways much when I was there, but the few times my colleagues took me on trips I've found them to be virtually empty. I thought it was because a) it costs money to use them and b) public transit is more efficient to get almost anywhere.
It's possible that I just got lucky with the times, though.
I don't know much about traffic in Japan, so I ended up going off of personal experience from my time as a driver here in the States. Whenever a truck gets into an accident and dumps anything hazardous, it's pretty common to shut the freeway down for a few hours. Happens a LOT where I live because my city is a major transportation hub.
Zerebos wrote:Another great chapter man. This one was really deep, our first time really getting a look at Saki's past and it definitely struck a chord with me. The description of everything surrounding her past was so accurate and vivid, just incredible work Eurobeat!
I hope I can keep it up!
AlexFDSR wrote:Wow, Hisao. She had to outright tell you so you'd figure it out?

Anyway, loved this chapter. Glad to see you still write this fic, especially after all that's transpired since you started. One of the best things about you, apart from the superb writing, is your diligence.
That's an amazing compliment! Thank you! I just wish it didn't take four months to push this one out. Not as long for the next one, I promise! My goal is to get Act 3 done by the end of the year at the latest.
The moment the wristband was coming off... it all clicked together of stuff I remember reading about. It was something that you could sense was coming but when it did... right there you just want to hug Saki and never let her go.
I am so happy that you had that reaction. I was scared that the reveal wouldn't be convincing.

Now for my next challenge...the smut!
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
TubaMirum

Post by TubaMirum »

Ashamed it took me 10 days to finally sit down to read this... So then, it's all out there now huh? At least, most of it all is, eh? :(

Things are only going to get more interesting now missing a bus! Everybody's perfect attendance will be forever threatened and... Okay, that's not the problem with missing the bus. Still, at least now they'll know that they can rough it just fine for future endeavors :idea:
Eurobeatjester wrote: Now for my next challenge...the smut!
Took you long enough :lol:
Gustav Mahler wrote:If you find you're boring your audience, go slower not faster.
Hesmiyu
Location: England, United Kingdom, British Isles, Europe, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Hesmiyu »

Somehow I missed the 2nd half of the chapter where Chisato steals Mitsuru's chips . Sure glad the forum has a read and unread feature :P

Really well done chapter, again :) I wonder if or when Hisao meets her parents, how'd they react.

Also I came across this while trying to find out if Saki IS in the third year or if it's even mentioned (I know you have her as a third)
https://friedreichsataxianews.com/2015/ ... ar-ataxia/
The line below is false.
The line above is true.

Being disabled is just differently abled differently labelled.

My art: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10190
Swim story(Currently 11 chapters long) http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=10221
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Hesmiyu wrote:Somehow I missed the 2nd half of the chapter where Chisato steals Mitsuru's chips . Sure glad the forum has a read and unread feature :P

Really well done chapter, again :) I wonder if or when Hisao meets her parents, how'd they react.

Also I came across this while trying to find out if Saki IS in the third year or if it's even mentioned (I know you have her as a third)
https://friedreichsataxianews.com/2015/ ... ar-ataxia/
Wow, that's pretty cool! Always great to see progress on fronts like that.

The April Fool's post mentions that Rika is a 2nd year student, but gives no info on what year Saki is. Given that pretty much everyone in the game is a 3rd year and that blog specifically mentions Rika being different, I just assumed Saki was also a 3rd year student :)
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Ryano

Post by Ryano »

I've finally gotten round to reading this and i'm thoroughly enjoying it, I could sit here and list everything I'm enjoying but i'll just encompass it with 'all of it'. The bits involving Saki's past and condition are very well written in my eyes, both times I wanted to give her a hug so it had the right effect!

The addition of artwork is glorious, even if its just a room it gives the story a bit more padding, though my favourite one is of Saki playing her violin.

I'm looking forward to an update as and when it comes, just keep up the good work.
Phred

Post by Phred »

Hi - first time poster here. I realize I'm a bit late to the party, both to KS and to this route, but I just wanted to let the poster know that the effort is appreciated! The writing quality is excellent and I've been really caught up in this storyline. I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter!
"If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Went back and did some editing of the last chapter or two, going to do the same with the rest of the act over the next few days! Silly gremlins and grammar errors :P

Also, good chance of commissioning some art of the new chapter I'm currently writing or the last one - thinking about commissioning the scene of Hisao applying suntan lotion to Saki.

Fortunately I am able to write again now that the frantic convention stuff has died down for now!
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
emi

Post by emi »

Great, looking forward to it.
Emi > Misha > Miki > Suzu > Lilly > Hanako > Rika > Saki > Rin > Shizune
Art: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10495
Blackmambauk

Post by Blackmambauk »

A commission for either is fab. Though I think for the latter would be best in terms of the story and character.

Especially if you are still aiming for the smut next chapter. Make the artist work hard for those bucks and challenge them to match the VN's CG's for the smut scenes.

Learning to fly deserves no less.
"I think the greatest skill a writer can have is simply having confidence in themselves to tell the story they want to tell, and to have confidence that their audience will make up their own minds on their story and characters." Blackmambauk

Favourite Route= All the Routes were done well. Each had it's strengths and weak points. But none were bad, a brilliant achievement by the KS Team.
Craftyatom

Post by Craftyatom »

Okay, just a quick note to start with: naming your acts/scenes things like "Countdown" and "Ignition" (and, dare I say, "Liftoff"?) is an easy way into my heart. I'm a huge spaceflight nerd, and love those little references - I was so sad when the Aoi route got shuttered, because all of their scene/act names were space-related. Anyways.

Been a long time since I last read this route, at least a year. However, I seem to remember mentioning last time that I had chosen a good time to read it, since the main characters had just reached an important plot point - and I've been just as lucky this time around. This most recent scene really was a brilliant pinnacle of the story arc involving Saki's family - made even better by the fact that I didn't even see some of it coming. Bringing out so much, in such a short span of time, really added to the emotional weight of the scene, in my opinion. I wasn't 100% sure about Hisao's "any move I make at this moment would be an invasion", but I can understand such a decision, and he made up for it shortly afterwards anyways. Oh, and of course, "not for those reasons, anyway..." was horrible and tactless, imo, but I could certainly imagine Hisao saying it, so it wasn't a flaw in characterization, just a bit of an eye-rolling moment for me.

I'm excited for a lot of what this story still has to offer. The romance thus far has been fantastic, and I think it will get even better over time. Also, I'm looking forward to learning more about Kayoko - got my own ideas of where I think that's going, but I know for a fact that it'll be an interesting read because of how touchy Saki was about it the first time it came up. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I suppose we'll find out, one way or another.

Your writing is great, your syntax is almost perfect (good enough that I didn't bother keeping track of the errors I found), and your plot/characterization is absolutely superb. I've liked this story for a long time, but these most recent chapters have made me love it. Keep up the good work!
Main route: COM(promise)
One-shots: Crafty's One-Shots (Dark Winter Sky, Dreamy, Path of Least Resistance, Project Blue Curtain, and more!)
Old poetry: Google Drive Collection
Patriqwp

Post by Patriqwp »

As a bladesmith I've learned how it is time and effort consuming to master your craftsmanship. And your work, Eurobeatjester, is very high quality. So it needs to be appreciated.
For two weeks it made my every evening, while returning home from judo, gym, or sabre training, even brighter. And it is archievement ;) Can't wait for more, cause I know there will be something missing from now, when I have finished reading. Keep up and enjoy your work. Cheers mate!
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Only a few months behind schedule, but I finally finished the new chapter!

I have a reason as to why I didn't get this done as soon as I wanted to - I was working really hard on a project that got the attention of a major media company - if things go well I'll be working with them and might even move as a result of it. That's all I can say because of the NDA I had to sign, but safe to say if it works out, you guys will be the first to know. I didn't want to write this chapter until I had some breathing room and the ability to do so - it's hard to get into the right mindset for this type of chapter.

The title of this chapter comes from the song Lone Digger by Caravan Palace, one of my favorite songs, and one I feel fits this chapter perfectly.

Smut warning applies!

Act 3: Ingition

Scene 7: Lonely Digging

“I don't believe this,” Saki says for the fourth time in as many minutes, rubbing her temples in frustration.

“I tried calling you, like, four times,” Chisato admonishes, crossing her arms.

“I know, I had the ringer turned off, and we were talking, we lost track of time, and...” Saki tries to reply, running out of steam and finishing with an angry sigh.

I glance over at Mitsuru while the girls freak out, trying to gauge his own reaction, anything to find some tranquility in this situation before I end up in the same mental state as the other two members of our party. I see him standing with his hands in his pockets, staring idly at the road...completely unfazed. I delicately separate myself from Saki and Chisato and move over next to where he is.

“Well, you don't seem too upset by this,” I say, trying to lighten the mood, and not let the implications of missing the bus get to me.

“I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little upset,” Mitsuru answers me, in a voice that doesn't quite match what he's saying. “I'm more upset at the situation. I wanted to get back to the dorms tonight, but I don't see how that's going to happen now.”

“I'm sorry,” I start to apologize. “Saki and I were-”

“I heard, several times.” he says, his tone softening a bit as he turns to look at me. “Sorry. It's not your fault she didn't think to turn her ringer back on. I don't blame her, if she was talking with her father.”

“Well you're a bit calmer about this than I thought you would be.”

“It's not that bad. It could be a lot worse.”

“Huh? We're stuck down here with no way to get back to Yamaku! How can you say that?”

Mitsuru shrugs. “The buses start running again at six. We can be back to Yamaku a couple of hours after that, assuming there's no truck crash this time. We're down at the beach, which is one of the only places where we can probably hang out all night and not be bothered too much. It's bad, yeah, but not that bad, unless...” he trails off, his face contorting in concern. He turns and looks at the three of us. “Nobody has anything they left at Yamaku that they actually need tonight, or early tomorrow morning, right?”

“Like?”

“Medications, or...?”

“No, Nurse, I have spare insulin,” Chisato answers, breaking off from her argument with Saki. “I always bring extra whenever I leave Yamaku, you know that!”

“Sorry,” he replies, holding his hands up in surrender. “I thought I'd ask.”

“Hisao?” Saki's taken the moment to give me concerned look. I know what she's getting at with her unspoken question.

“You said the buses start running at six, right?”

“Yeah.”

I brought the medications I would normally take in the evening with me, since I knew no matter what time we left we'd be getting back long after I'd normally take them. I do have a bottle in my pack that simply holds a day's worth every pill I take that I threw in there when I first moved to Yamaku...but that was based off my medication dosages back then. Some of them changed, and I don't know if I have the right amount or even all of the right pills themselves.

“I'll be okay,” I say cautiously. “Just as long as we get back to Yamaku tomorrow morning.”

“God damnit,” Saki exclaims in exasperation, hanging her head in her hands. “I'm sorry, you guys.”

“It was my fault too,” I say, trying to calm down her down a bit by putting a hand on her shoulder. “The question is, what do we do now?”

“Well, like I said, we can probably stay around here with no problem,” Mitsuru muses. “We could find a few benches, or actually stay out on the beach. Once the fires die down it will be pretty dark out on the sand. I don't think anyone will find us.”

“I am not sleeping on a park bench! Or on the beach for that matter, are you crazy?”

“Well, we could probably just take one of the trains that takes a few hours to make a loop and kill time that way. I'm trying, here.”

“No,” I say. “If something goes wrong, we'll end up even further away from Yamaku. Besides, those are expensive. I mean, it wouldn't cost much more to get a room near here for the night.”

Chisato takes a second to ponder it over. “Now there's an idea.”

“Wait, you're serious? I was just thinking out loud.”

“Why not? Split four ways, it won't be that much. And we'd get to take a real shower too.”

“Still...” I wonder aloud, looking around us to see if there's a hotel in sight where that would even be an option...and even if we all pay, I'm not sure I have enough cash on me to cover what my portion would end up being.

“No,” Saki speaks up, the first words she's spoken in a while. “If that's what we end up doing, I'll be the one who pays for it. I won't ask you to pay for my mistake.”

“Are you sure?” Chisato asks. “I mean, it's not a problem-”

“Yeah, I'm sure.” Saki winces. “Save your money to buy a new bus ticket for tomorrow morning. Help me up, would you?”

I move over to her and offer her my arm so she can get to her feet. She brushes some sand off the front of her shirt idly, not making eye contact with anyone else around her.

“Alright!” Chisato cheers. “Now that we have a plan...where do we go, exactly?”

“Check this out,” Mitsuru calls out, having moved back under the awning of the bus dropoff. Next to the handful of benches is a large sign with the bus schedule posted...and a map of all the nearby stops. All of us gather around it to take a quick look.

It only takes a few seconds before he reaches up and places his finger on a spot. “Here,” he says. “The bus stop is here, and just south of here there's a shopping district that Chisato and I walked through earlier. There's a motel next to it.”

I follow where he's pointing. Just beneath a brown symbol of a bed, I see the words Choseikan Hotel.

“Think that will work?”

“I hope so,” I say. “The next hotel is a lot farther away.”

“Let's get going then,” Saki says, standing up and readjusting her purse. “Might as well get there soon and hope it's not filled up.”

“Look on the bright side,” Chisato pipes up. “We get to stay somewhere besides Yamaku and we might even get to see the sun come up.”

----------------

“Me first!” Chisato exclaims as soon as the lock gives way with a metallic click, bounding into the room before we even get the lights on. As the rest of us file in, someone manages to hit the switch, revealing the dark-haired girl face down on one of the beds in all of her glory.

“Not bad,” her boyfriend says, sitting down on the edge of the bed she's currently occupying and looking around.

It's a fairly quaint room, sparsely furnished except for the bare essentials. Two beds. A nightstand between them with a phone, and a remote control for the television sitting on the dresser. A table and two chairs, one of which Saki's dumped her purse on. A wall separates the beds from the bathroom area, and a quick peek shows a rack full of towels and an assortment of small bottles and soaps around the sink.

“Ooooh,” Chisato lets out with a long sigh, muffled by the pillow she has her face buried in. “This is so much nicer than the beds back at Yamaku.”

“I take it that this is the one we're sleeping in tonight?”

I'm not moving.”

“You're going to have to if you want that shower.”

“Damn you and your logic.”

(continued...)
Last edited by Eurobeatjester on Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

I take a minute to set my bag down on the table, digging into it to find one of the small pill bottles I brought with me.

“You okay?” I hear Saki say beside me, sitting in the chair.

“Yeah, I'm fine. Just need to take my medications for the night.”

“Sorry,” she starts again, brushing her hair out of her eyes.

“Don't be,” I say, cutting her off before she can get started again. “Besides, Chisato has the right idea. It's a nice room.”

“It better be,” Saki growls. “I'm not looking forward to talking to my father about this.”

“Are you sure you don't need us to pitch in?” Mitsuru asks.

“It wouldn't keep him from finding out. It would all have to go on a card anyway.”

“Well, in that case, how about we go do something else, now that we're down here for the night? You got the room, so we can pick up anything else.”

“What do you mean?”

“We could go see a movie or something at the theater we walked past coming here. Or we could go back to the beach. It's just a quick walk there and back.”

“I'm grabbing a shower before I do anything else,” Chisato says, finally finding something to motivate her to get off the bed.

“Hang on, Chisato,” Saki calls out suddenly, rising to get up. “Let me use the bathroom first.”

The two girls disappear around the corner into the bathroom area, their chatter becoming indistinct. Mitsuru and I are left to our own devices, and he flops onto his back and covers his eyes with an arm across them. I hear him chuckle a bit. “Even in a hotel room, they end up walking to the bathroom together.”

I laugh, but try to keep it down so it doesn't carry too far. “I guess stereotypes exist for a reason.”

After another minute or two, Saki re-emerges, and I can hear the telltale sound of a shower curtain being drawn before water starts running. She glances at Mitsuru, then motions for me to come to her. I comply, puzzled.

“Want to go for a walk?” she whispers, the grin on her face not fooling me for a second that there's not some ulterior motive.

“Sure, I guess?”

“Great,” she answers, then raises her voice so Chisato can hear through the closed bathroom door. “We're going out for a bit to check out that little shopping area. I'll have my phone if you need anything, okay?”

Chisato shouts out an affirmative through the door, and I see Mitsuru lazily raise his arm to give us a thumbs up. Saki moves over to grab her purse and cane, and after a few more seconds, the door closes behind the two of us.

I'm able to hold out until the elevator spits us out into the lobby before I can't keep silent any longer. “Want to tell me what that was about?”

“Well...” Saki says, drawing the word out while that grin from earlier finally breaks through. “I thought they might enjoy some privacy.”

“Ah,” I nod sagely, as if I'm approving of her coming up with such a good idea. She sees through it though, and laughs before slapping me on the shoulder.

“Ow!”

“I didn't hit you that hard,” she says with a giggle.

“Well if you wanted them to have the room to themselves, maybe they should have their own separate one.”

Saki's hand makes its way down to mine and our fingers link together easily. She presses her side against me as we walk out the doors into the warm night air.

“And I guess that would mean we'd have one to ourselves, right?”

“I guess it would,” I answer, my face flushing as the implications enters my head.

Saki giggles again, and moves to whisper in my ear. “I'll keep that in mind for next time.”

I can feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end when she says that, and my face gets even redder. I cough, trying to regain my composure.

“So how long should we, er, walk?”

“An hour or so should be fine, just as long as we text them on our way back. It's common courtesy.”

“Good idea.”

“Yeah, I've been walked in on before. It's not exactly fun.”

I stumble out of reflex when I hear that, just enough for Saki to notice. She turns to face me, and I see that look of mild bemusement in her eyes again.

“Don't tell me you have a hangup about that?”

“Err, no, well...” I falter, trying to find the words to get me out of this incredibly awkward conversation. The simultaneously disturbing and yet tantalizing thoughts of Saki in that position clash, and the feelings that result are tying my tongue.

“You know you're not my first boyfriend, Hisao,” she says, in a calming yet matter-of-fact tone, imploring me to accept that statement - and all that it implies. “You're not jealous, are you?”

“Maybe a little,” I answer, with a small, sheepish smile. “Sorry. Having a girlfriend, dating, everything else...it's all kind of new to me. It just came as a bit of a shock, is all.”

Saki draws me down into a quick kiss, her eyes brightening. “You're doing great, Hisao. But can I offer some advice?”

“Sure.”

“If you get hung up on things like that, it's going to drive you nuts. And besides, I'm. With. You,” she continues, punctuating each word at the end of her statement with a light poke on my chest. “I'm with you now, okay?”

“Hey, come on now, it's not like I was worried about that,” I say, slightly hurt.

“Oh you aren't? Well then, how about we make a little deal then?”

“What's that?” I ask, guarded yet intrigued.

“Follow my lead for a bit when it comes to this, alright? Who knows. You might have fun and learn a thing or two.”

When have I not been following her lead? From the first time we kissed in the band room? From the first time we ended up swimming together? Or even earlier, from the first day we met when I saw her walking up the stairs?

“...I'll try to do that.”

“Good boy,” she finishes, ending the conversation with another brief meeting of our lips.

What she said makes sense, and I really do want to be able to see things in that way, but it's not as easy as it sounds. Or maybe I'm making it more complicated than it needs to be. So what if she dated Maeda in the past. She's right. We're the ones who are together now. We might not have officially sat down and firmly established that we're a couple, or even introduced each other as such to other people...not that our social circles have grown since we've become one, so everyone would know, right? And when we throw out words like “boyfriend” and “girlfriend” around like we just did and neither objects but goes along with it, and she's implying what I think she is, then that must mean I'm doing that thing where I blank out while rambling mentally and I haven't said anything in a few seconds, oh god...

“Where do you want to go?” I ask, with just a little too much forced enthusiasm. Saki doesn't seem to mind though, and gives my hand another squeeze.

“Wanna go back down to the beach? It's a beautiful night, and I love the sound of the waves.”

“That sounds good. Lead the way.”

Saki turns to me and gives a mischievous smile at the double meaning behind my words. “You're learning.”

“I told you before, I'm a quick study.”

“I hope so.”

-------------------

The entire atmosphere down at the beach is much different than it was before. The clear line between the sand and sea vanishes in the darkness, the intermittent bands of white foam the only indicator as to where it might be. With only their hypnotic rhythm to tell time, I have no idea how much has actually passed...and I couldn't care less.

The sand has kept just enough of the heat of the day to sink into comfortably, and as I rest on my back, I don't even care about it getting on my shirt and pants. Saki doesn't seem to mind either, using my arm as a pillow as we both stare up at the stars in the cloudless sky.

“This was a good idea,” I say, closing my eyes and letting the sounds and smells of the sea wash over me, bleeding away my apprehensions from earlier.

“I'm glad you think so,” she says, and turns her body to lay her head on my chest. She tries to get comfortable, but then frowns and sits up.

“What's up?”

“These,” she answers, referring to the neat pile made of our shoes that we set down between us. With a grunt, she picks them up and deposits them on the other side of her body before settling down again.

We still hear some noises besides just the waves. Most of the fire pits have cleared out for the night, but one or two still have the sound of laughter lingering around, proud flames reduced to little more than a red glow. The nearest one is at least two hundred meters from us, and an outcropping of rock blocks anything from the other direction.

“Thanks for not freaking out earlier,” Saki mumbles.

“About what?”

(continued...)
Last edited by Eurobeatjester on Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

“Being stuck down here,” she sighs. “I really didn't think this would happen like this.”

“It's all right,” I answer, playing idly with her hair. “I really am having fun tonight, all things considered.”

“I'm glad. Maybe we can actually plan something like this when summer starts.”

“Yeah, but if everything went according to plan today, we'd have fun but we wouldn't really have a story to tell, would we?”

“You've been hanging around Chisato too much.”

“Heh, maybe so,” I admit.

Saki raises her head again to look at me. “You're okay, right? You weren't just saying that, earlier?”

I frown. “Yeah, I always keep some spare pills in my bag. The doctors drilled that into me when I first left the hospital.”

Saki nods, satisfied with my answer. “Sorry, again...”

I pull my arm, and Saki, closer. “Well, you did say we needed to make a deal. I'll forgive you for that if you'll forgive me for freaking out over what we were talking about back when we were leaving the hotel.”

“Deal,” she says, moving in for another kiss.

It starts benign enough, but this time it lingers for several seconds longer, neither of us pulling away. Saki drapes her arm across my chest for leverage, deepening the kiss. Everything at once - the fragrance of the salt on the air from the sea, the sound of my pulse in my ears in time with the waves, and the taste of her mouth all combine in a heady rush that threatens to overwhelm my senses. My hands run up her back, and when I feel her give a small moan, it ignites something in me.

It's the same feeling I get when she pushes me to reach my limits – whether in conversation, or swimming laps, or learning to be more open about my scar.

Doing something that surprises both her, and myself.

Seeing a small smile of surprise on her face, either of joy or pride.

Exhilaration. Power. Control.

When that one simple sound reaches my ears, letting me know that I am the cause of it – me – there's not much room for anything resembling rational thought.

In one swift motion, I sit up and roll us so our positions are reversed, her upper body pinned beneath mine. We break the kiss only for a moment to look into each other's eyes, and even in the low light, the fiery intensity I see there makes me ache.

“Why'd you stop?” Saki asks breathlessly. I answer her by crashing my mouth into hers again.

Her body is writhing beneath mine, one of her hands in my hair, and even though some small part of me realizes we're out in the beach and the sand, there's nowhere else I'd rather be than this exact-

*Bzzzzzzt!* *Bzzzzzzt!* *Bzzzzzzt!*

We're interrupted by a loud vibration right near our heads that makes us both jump. My heartbeat spikes so hard I actually start to worry for a second, but Saki is already reaching for where we placed our shoes. I sit up and try to get my breathing under control, not just from the shock of her phone going off, but also because of how heated things were getting before that exact moment.

Saki's retrieved her phone from one of her shoes, and flipped it open. The screen casts a soft blue light against her face and a reflection of the icons that sparkle in her eyes. Even with that small amount of light, I can see her skin is as flushed as mine feels.

“What's up?” I ask shakily.

“Chisato just sent me a text. They're heading out for a midnight snack. Wants to know if there's anything we want.”

Retroactively, not sending that text when she did would be a great start. I sigh heavily, the last vestiges of the spell crumbling like the sand castle we had built earlier.

“Great,” I say, standing up, trying with futility to brush some of the sand off my shirt and clothing. Saki's types out a quick reply, and then stuffs the phone back into her shoe. I help her up, and it takes us both a minute to gain our balance on the uneven ground.

“Time to head back, then?”

“Probably a good idea,” Saki answers me, a bit shakily.

I pat my hands roughly down my clothing again. “Hopefully they won't care if we track a lot of sand in.”

“Let's get as much off as we can,” Saki says, and then in a motion that leaves me absolutely dumbstruck, she moves her hands to the bottom of her shirt and starts to pull it over her head.

In a panic I look around us, before realizing that there's nobody anywhere near who would see, or care even if they did. In another two seconds, Saki's squeezed out of her shirt, and starts to shake it with vigor. For my own part, it takes yet another two seconds of staring at such a beautiful sight before I get the idea. It takes me a bit longer to take off my shirt than it does her, but soon I'm stripped to the waist, holding the fabric with one hand while I try to slap the sand off it with the other.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Saki undoing the top button of her shorts.

“Uh, Saki? You sure that's a good idea?”

“Hm?” she looks up at me, as if it were the most natural thing in the world. “Why not? There's nobody else around.”

“Hah, guess you're right,” I offer up lamely, hoping that she can't see my face...or how my eyes keep wandering back to her, no matter where I seem to point them initially.

Saki seems to get it, and with a smile, stands up fully, letting her shorts slide down her legs to step out of them. She turns to look at me, clad only in her underwear, the fabric black as ink under the starlight.

“I did tell you that next time, you wouldn't have to sneak, didn't I?”

“I didn't realize it would be this dark,” I chuckle nervously, then gulp when I see Saki's eyes narrow.

“Hey Hisao,” Saki says, that ever dangerous edge to her voice.

“Yeah?” I manage to squeak out, my focus instantly back on her face from where it was previously.

“You know, this takes care of our clothes, but doesn't do a thing for the rest of the sand...you wanna go rinse off?” she finishes, her eyes sparkling as she inclines her head out to the water.

“W...what?” I stammer, looking at the ocean, then her, then down at myself, before looking at her again. “Just leave our clothes here?”

“Sure! It's not like anyone's going to come and steal them. Besides, I'm going to need your help to make it down to the water.”

My hormones start mercilessly slamming every feeble excuse my conscience and sheltered upbringing is trying to come up with, and underneath it all, there's more than a little thrill at the idea of it. Saki doesn't want to wait for me to make up my mind however, and I see her reaching behind her back to unfasten her bra.

“Why the hell not?” I say, more to myself than to her, and reach to undo my belt.

------------------

“That wasn't as fun as I thought it would be,” I say, skin burning with every step.

“I didn't know it would be like this coming back,” Saki answers.

It started innocently enough. Well, as innocently as something like that could start. After stripping completely down, and trying desperately not to think too hard about what we were doing, we made our way down to the water as quickly as we could. When the first wave hit our legs, the full realization of what we were doing hit us, and all we could do was start laughing as we lost our balance and fell over.

We didn't go out too far, and despite the ridiculousness of it all, seeing Saki's stunning body in the waves was almost too much for my own to ignore. Thankfully for little miracles, the water ended up keeping her from noticing, both with its temperature and depth.

It did however, cause other problems. Dry sand is bad enough. Wet sand is even worse, and with no real way to dry off before putting our clothes back on, they're sticking in all the wrong places.

“It was worth it though,” Saki laughs. “God, that was fun!”

“I agree, but let's not do that again anytime soon.”

Saki turns to answer me, but before she can speak, she's cut off by a muted buzzing coming from her bag. I'm way more annoyed than I should be when I hear it, but then again, I don't think anyone would blame me given what that sound interrupted earlier. When she pulls out her phone and checks the display, she rolls her eyes.

“Chisato?” I ask.

Saki flips open her phone. “Oh god, when we get back looking like this...”

“...she's never going to let us live this down.” Suddenly the chafing clothes don't seem to be quite as bad.

“Maybe not,” Saki says, her eyes sparkling as she reads the message. “Her and Mitsuru decided to catch a movie after all.”

I'm instantly relieved, and then apprehensive when I finish comprehending what she just said. My heartbeat hasn't returned to normal levels since we were lying in the sand together, and when Saki looks at me – no, looks at me – I can sense that isn't going to change any time soon. The heat in my face is proof my nervousness is rapidly losing the war against my growing anticipation.

“Did she mention how long they're going to be gone?”

“At least an hour and a half.”

-------------

As soon as the door closes behind us, Saki's bag hits the floor, followed quickly by her cane and our shirts. I kick off my shoes and pull my socks off, finally giving my feet a bit of respite from the thin layer of sand that's concreted itself nearly halfway up my calves.

“Oh thank god,” I sigh.

“I'll start the shower,” Saki says, having slipped out of her sandals and moved into the bathroom.

We could barely keep our hands off each other in the elevator on the way up, and even though the ride only lasted a few seconds, both that and the trek down the hallway felt like an eternity. I wanted to scream when it took three tries to open the door with the keycard.

Our movements are fast, and tempered with a sharp focus – not on each other, but on a more immediate concern before we can focus on “other” things. Saki fiddles with the temperature of the water, and then sheds the rest of her clothing. I'm barely offered a glimpse of her naked figure before she hops into the shower. I shuck my pants and boxers, leaving them in an unceremonial pile on the floor, and quickly follow suit to step in behind her.

(continued...)
Last edited by Eurobeatjester on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

The shower's not exactly built large enough for two people comfortably – that much is obvious – but I finally allow myself to let my guard down and experience the moment. Saki's standing in the stream, her back to me, rivulets of water streaming down. My eyes follow their path down her shoulders, her taut backside, and finally down her legs.

It's my first time seeing something like this, and I can't keep my excitement from growing – figuratively, and quite literally.

Saki takes a few minutes to wash off, the soap and washcloth leaving a foam on her skin that makes it glimmer irresistibly. In that instant, I suddenly don't care about any more formalities. Guided by instinct, I wrap my arms around her from behind, causing her to give a quiet mewl of surprise. When I bring my lips to kiss her neck, she presses herself back into me and a small moan claws its way out of her throat.

I want her. More than anything else I've ever wanted.

My hands run up and down the front of her body, down to the top of her thighs, up to cup her chest. Her sharp intake of breath pushes her breasts against me, and when her hands cover mine and squeeze hard, I can feel two buds of flesh against my palms.

“Oh, Hisao...”

“I want you,” I growl against her ear, and I mean it with every fiber of my being. Saki whirls around to face me, her arms clasping behind my neck.

“You're not the only one,” she whispers raggedly, before her mouth is on mine. There's no hesitation. No holding back. For a few moments, the heat and noise of the shower drowns out everything except our mutual lust for and exploration of each other.

We both realize that we've gone too far now to stop what's about to happen...not that either of us would want to.

“Here, your turn,” Saki stammers out, suddenly breaking off the kiss. She slides behind me, giving me full access to the thundering water from the shower head.

“R...right,” I answer her, turning to try and focus on the task at hand. With a speed that I didn't know was possible, I grab the soap and the washrag, frantically trying to cover every inch of my skin as fast as I can. Saki then decides to emulate my actions from earlier, hugging me from behind. I stop and close my eyes, and simply let myself enjoy the feeling of her hands running over me.

“It's going to be hard to finish showering like this.”

“Mmm,” Saki murmurs, pressing against my back. Her hands start to wander across my stomach, and dip lower to brush against my crotch. I feel her chuckle. “So this is what was poking me a few minutes ago.”

“Well, what do you expect?” I reply.

“I'll take this as a compliment,” she says, curling her fingers around me. All I can do is groan gently at the contact. Saki doesn't let me go, instead tightening her grip and gently pumping her hand along my length.

“Saki...”

“Shhhh...just enjoy this,” she whispers to me, splaying her free hand across my chest, continuing her motions.

I close my eyes and let the sensation flow over me. I've never been touched like this before, and feeling her behind me, the deftness of her fingers manipulating me eliciting a pleasure I've never felt...

I lean forward and steady myself with a hand on the wall, Saki leaning even further into me.

My breath is hitching in my throat, and every sensation is heightened; the water running over me, her body pressed against my back, her hand possessively on my chest, the emotional highs and lows of the day and the sense of eager anticipation building not just from earlier but from further back than I think either of us realized...

Feeling her soft hand insistently stroking me, and her warm breath on my back makes the entire thing even more incredible. I don't want this to stop, but when I begin to feel a familiar tension build in my hips, I know I'm nearing my limit.

“Saki!” I gasp out through clenched teeth, trying to give her warning. My words only seem to spur her on though, as after hearing them she begins to speed up.

I shudder, and let out a moan as the feeling of climax washes over me, more intense than any I've ever felt. My knees shake as Saki wraps her arm around me even tighter, not letting up until the stars clear from my vision and she can feel my muscles finally start to unknot themselves.

“You okay?” she asks me, giving one final squeeze before releasing me.

“Y...yeah,” I say, still weak and barely able to form thoughts, let alone words. I manage to turn and look at Saki, and am met with another hungry kiss.

“I'm going to dry off...hurry up, okay?” she asks, her face flushed with far more than the heat of the shower. I nod weakly, and watch as she steps out, leaving me alone...and with a bit more cleaning up to do than I had a few minutes ago.

I finish quickly, rinsing off, making sure I finally take the time to get all the sand and sweat off me. I barely take enough time to dry off, my mind on other matters. My hair is still dripping wet when I emerge from the bathroom, a towel around my waist.

The lights in the room are still off, but there's still enough light emanating from the bathroom to see somewhat clearly, and when I see Saki sitting on the edge of the far bed, wrapped only in a towel, I swallow hard.

“The other two won't mind, will they?” I ask.

“I don't think so,” Saki laughs. “Besides, take a look at the other bed. They won't have any right to talk.”

My eyes fall on the other bed in the room, and while it's not exactly messy, there are telltale lumps of bunched sheets underneath the askew comforter. There's also a pillow missing from the head of the bed, on the floor beside it.

“I guess not.”

Saki stands up to walk towards me, clearly letting me know she considers any and all relevant concerns addressed. She loops her arms around my neck. “Can I borrow you for a while?”

(continued...)
Last edited by Eurobeatjester on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself