Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (Updated 2/21)

WORDS WORDS WORDS
Mirage_GSM

Re: Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (Updated 2/21)

Post by Mirage_GSM » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:05 pm

Not so much a triangle and more of a covalent bond - one electron leaves but another is already there to take its place.*

*I know that's not how covalence works, but close enough...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

PKMNthiefChris

Post by PKMNthiefChris » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:57 pm

I know I already mentioned this on the discord but holy crap the feels. Chisato and Hisao's frienship has personally always been one of my favorite things about this fic and Mitsuru's likely leaving (it seems all but a certainty, though I've been surprised by things in this fic before) and Hisao's uncertainty regarding his future (and where Saki is in it) was a great way of showing it. I mean I'm rooting for that movie ending for those two even if it's way down the line (Chisato is awesome and Mitsuru is awesome what can I say) but in the mean time, I'll cheer for the 3 roommate sitcom ending.

yanivp

Post by yanivp » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:22 pm

But like, they bang sometimes. Or not. But they absolutely do. And Saki has no problems whatsoever and lives forever. I like this ending.

Blackmambauk

Post by Blackmambauk » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:30 pm

Finally got round to leaving my annual chapter thoughts for this one. Again apologies for the long delay. Just very busy these days with so many things like work, travel to and from it and my own writing projects sucking all my time as well.

Really nice chapter with developments happening with Mitsuru and Chisato. with the first either going off to become a K Pop star, a detective to work at Samsunng :wink:. Good for him that he got to go there. He's been a nice element and foil to Hisao throughout his appearances and if this is potentially his send off. Then it was very well done and i liked how it led to what came next. Just wish i could pinpoint on who i think you based his appearance off since my obvious choices were off :D.

Along with how it got Hisao thinking about his own current plans for the future, what will he do once he finished his time at Yamaku. What does he want to do in the future, and obviously the big one he and Saki are avoiding until the time is right in the story to confront it head on. What does he do once his time with Saki ends whenever it comes.

Which ties into his chat with Chisato, who is very understandably down because of her boyfriends departure to Korea in future. Chisato has always been such a strong element of your fic with how funny she is, how she adds to every scene she is in. and every time she has these talks with Hisao. We see more and more how she has that knack for being able to make you laugh or smile at he lines, but also want to hug her or really feel for her as she tried to control herself and her emotions with Hisao. But also be a really good friend in giving Hisao time to get his thoughts out, being supportive of what he says but also respecting of when he doesn't want to broach a topic etc. With nice ways of them referring to the cliches of many films and sitcoms we were brought up on and found when reality hit, not so simple to follow.

Wonderful work as always mate and i can't wait to see what comes next.

Blackmambauk
"I think the greatest skill a writer can have is simply having confidence in themselves to tell the story they want to tell, and to have confidence that their audience will make up their own minds on their story and characters." Blackmambauk

Favourite Route= All the Routes were done well. Each had it's strengths and weak points. But none were bad, a brilliant achievement by the KS Team.

Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:28 am

Woo, glad you all like it! This chapter was a fun one - Chisato has become my favorite character to write. I really wanted to have a throwback to the hot tub scene in Act 3 between the two of them. I love how each route in the game had the "other" girl that Hisao could talk to, and I love how Chisato's turned into that :)

Next chapter is going to be a long one. It looks like I'll be splitting it into two parts and (hopefully) posting both within a short time span from each other. It's a really important chapter and I've been building to it for years so I want to take the time to do it the best I can :oops:
Last edited by Eurobeatjester on Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself

AlexFDSR

Re: Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (Updated 12/8)

Post by AlexFDSR » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:21 am

Eurobeatjester wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:31 am
Maybe seeing Mitsuru today makes me think of again of my own immediate future.
Slight typo there.

That being said, another fantastic chapter. The feels are real.
Also, there's a Discord? :shock:
According to the forums, I post an hour into the future...
If Iwanako had a route/was the protagonist of KS, would the tagline be "Can you find it in your heart?"

yagamirai

Post by yagamirai » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:27 pm

i binge-read this whole fic up to the most recent update over a few days, and actually made my account here in order to comment on this (and then spent several days unable to word my feels.) i only played KS for the first time recently, so i'm hardly a fanfiction aficionado, but this story's masterfully crafted, delivering humor, character development and of course ALL THE FEELS on par with the game itself. if this were canon, i'm certain it would be one of my favorite routes. i'm so, so glad it's still updating, even after so long, and i can't wait to see where it goes going forward.

also, i second the above: there's a discord? :O

Hanako Fancopter

Post by Hanako Fancopter » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:04 am

Okay I finally read the whole thing, every word! It was quite the epic journey. You do a good job of making compelling drama out of otherwise ordinary activities and concerns--such as the simple angst of high school seniors wondering what to do with their lives next, compounded by the difficulties of their disabilities. I also notice Chisato and Hisao suddenly getting very close now that it seems Mitsuru is moving away. Don't comfort her, Hisao! Or if you do don't let Saki find out!

If I had any criticisms, the only one is that I think you tend to italicize certain words quite often, sometimes it feels like every other sentence or statement has an emphasized word in it. I don't know that there's really anything wrong with this, I just noticed it after a while and got this weird rhythm going in my head once I started picking out all the various italicized words.

Look forward to the epic conclusion!

Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:34 pm

Thanks guys!

Got a few pages done of the next chapter (life is busy getting ready for convention season starting next month) and Hairinya is working on a new piece of art :)
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself

Engineered Muse

Post by Engineered Muse » Mon May 13, 2019 9:00 pm

Congratulations Euro, you have officially drawn me out of lurking! I had to make an account just to post something because of how much I liked this story. It has been quite the trip (binged over the last day) and I look forward to more!

If you have ever read a line in a story and just known that it was a defining line for that story. Well at the end of act 3.

"I have Ataxia. It does not have me."

Shivers. Shivers I am telling you. Talk about a powerful scene. It lit a fire in my mind and I felt compelled to write something. So I did. I am a fan of bittersweet endings and we are headed right for one (and I am happy to make the trip!). So I imagine something like this in the future and just wrote it real fast (I didn't see anything about adding in snips, hope you don't mind! I'll take it down if you do). Enjoy, I hope.

<><><><><><><><>

Sometime in the future:

The night breeze ruffles my hair, just as untidy as it has always been. I sigh and take in the scent of the grass, wet and fresh. The ache is back again tonight. So I look up at the stars and smile. I know what it means.

“Dad?” It's my son's voice, “Why do you always look at the stars?”

I pat the ground next to me in silent invitation and I hear his footsteps approach. I count that as a victory as he is just getting to the age where parents start to become uncool. Soon he lays next to me on the damp ground. I don't turn to look, but I can feel his gaze on me and I'm not sure what about the atmosphere makes me say my next words.

“Have I ever told you about the first girl I ever loved?”

“No, but what about Mom?” his voice holds a mix of emotion along with a pile of hesitation.

“You love me right? And your sister? And your Mother?” I ask easily as I rub my chest over my scar and the ache.

“Yes.” he does not hesitate and I am filled with pride and satisfaction.

“You can never run out of love. There is enough for everyone and I am sure you will love a lot of people. And yes, before I met and loved your mother I loved Saki.” I glance over and see my son staring at me with wide, curious eyes. There is some embarrassment flushing his cheeks as well. After all, how often does someone his age expect to talk about love with their father? I never did.

I chuckle and look skyward again to take in the endless expanse.

“Bear with me here, but did you know we are made of star stuff?”

“What?”

“It's something a scientist said about 30 years ago.”

“Okayyy, but what about that girl?”

“You sure you want to listen to your old man ramble on?”

“I suppose,” he hides his interest well.

“Alright then.”

I turn my gaze back to the sky and think back. I remember that bright and shining sun. I remember the passion and drive. I remember her unapologetic selfishness.

I remember her, that shooting star, so bright and brief. The ache comes back stronger and I smile inside because that just means she is still with me and that I still love her even now. I can even hear her tease me for being so cliche.

I remember saki and I begin to speak.

“Well, I only go to borrow her for a little while…”
Sturgeon's law is real. Go find that 10%. It's worth it.