Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (Updated 12/8)

WORDS WORDS WORDS
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Re: Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (Updated 12/8)

Post by Peorth » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:11 pm

“Your probably right,” Saki admits, even though she pouts again when she does so.
'you're'
Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.
Just like the many lives.
For the us who are still in it and still in the journey, send warm blessings.

---We will continue to walk down this path until eternity.

PKMNthiefChris

Post by PKMNthiefChris » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:51 pm

“You’re amazing - and I love you - but I’m pretty sure you don’t have any superpowers.”
That had to be one of my favorite lines in this chapter. As for the chapter even if it was a bit shorter than normal (I barely noticed, make of that what you will) it worked both as a show of what's coming up, how things have progressed off screen since the end of Act 3, and what hasn't really progressed since then, such as Hisao acknowledging here they've still skirted around what happens next or the fact Maeda is still an ass. And it works well.

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:51 am

Most of it involved running into a few walls while doing research, especially regarding what third-year students go through nearing graduation.
So far what I would say is the best depiction to be found on these forums is in "Sisterhood", though iIrc it takes a bit of artistic license since it assumes there'll be an exception that allows Yamaku students to take the exams AT Yamaku.
As an anime that focuses heavily on the topic I recommend "Just Because!"
I think I got all of that right - if anyone with experience with Japanese high schools can point out any major errors with this, please do!
Should be basically right. The only thing I noticed is that I think the really prestigious universities don't rely on the national test at all and have JUST their own - and more demanding - tests.

Finally whether a chapter is too long or too short should never be measured by its wordcount. :-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:50 pm

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:51 am
Finally whether a chapter is too long or too short should never be measured by its wordcount. :-)
Hah, I know. It just felt strange because I normally put out chapters that are longer, and by the time I had done everything I wanted to in this one as basically a "catch up and set up" chapter, it was only about 3k words long. So I did some research to expand out the chapter and hopefully it flows better. With 187k words right now, I'm probably going to end up around 250-275k when all is said and done.
Blackmambauk wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:41 am
Was surprised at how much of a time skip you did for the story. 3 months is a long time and to go from end of summer to winter time was a bit jarring at first to read. But i got used to it quickly enough due to the fact we saw throughout chapter 3 of Hisao and Saki's relationship developing and of what we saw with the music sessions and so on. Plus, Shizune's route time skipped all the time and that's my favorite of the game.
I was unsure of how long to make the timeskip, but this would put it around late November/early December. I want LtF to continue to graduation and possibly a bit there-after, but there was no way I could write another three months of content when none of it would really progress the plot beyond what's here. Saki and Hisao are slightly different a few months later on and settled into their relationship, which is something I really liked about Shizune's route.

I'm glad you all seem to be okay with the timeskip though!
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself