Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route [Development Halted]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

TacticalBacon

Re: Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route [Update: 14/09/2013]

Post by TacticalBacon »

Numb wrote:Quick update, I fractured my radial bone in my left arm. Therefore, typing entirely with my right arm is monotonous and very slow. Due to this development, I will not be updating this thread (at least not frequently, I am still writing) for the next two to three weeks. Once I can actually move my arm again, I will be at half my usual pace, as I still need to avoid using it, despite it not causing any pain. I hope you all understand, and I will be sure to keep you up to date with any news, be it good or bad :D

Get well soon!
My Steam
My Twitter
My Tumblr
My skype is HakimAthalla21
Req

Post by Req »

Numb wrote:Quick update, I fractured my radial bone in my left arm. Therefore, typing entirely with my right arm is monotonous and very slow. Due to this development, I will not be updating this thread (at least not frequently, I am still writing) for the next two to three weeks. Once I can actually move my arm again, I will be at half my usual pace, as I still need to avoid using it, despite it not causing any pain. I hope you all understand, and I will be sure to keep you up to date with any news, be it good or bad :D
christ I hadn't heard of the Miki route curse striking so blatantly. hope you recover soon, dude!
Numb

Post by Numb »

Req wrote:christ I hadn't heard of the Miki route curse striking so blatantly. hope you recover soon, dude!
I am still fighting it, I can already type with both hands again, though I probably shouldn't be doing this. I do want to get rid of this sling, and using my arm isn't going to help :lol:
Currently working on: Notes for a new project (Coming Soon™)
I did KS and other songs on note blocks in Minecraft: Playlist here
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route
Loeloe95

Post by Loeloe95 »

The curse really is fighting against this story getting told. I think this is Katawa Shoujo's version of Macbeth. :lol:
Favorite girls Rin=Lilly>Misha=Hanako=Emi>Shizune
Favorite Routes Lilly>Rin=Emi>Hanako>Shizune

INFP
Hanako Nakai

Post by Hanako Nakai »

Miki's curse gets people hurt? She would be infamously known as "She-Who-Must-Not-Have-a-Route" :lol:
and again G.W.S(Get Well Soon)
ImageImage
You should be a protagonist of a new story :lol:

Am I really that dense?
Troy

Post by Troy »

Good luck and hopefully you get well soon ;)
(i like the route)

Is there anyway to find the chapters quicker instead of clicking next everytime btw?
Numb

Post by Numb »

Troy wrote:Good luck and hopefully you get well soon ;)
(i like the route)

Is there anyway to find the chapters quicker instead of clicking next everytime btw?
There will be, I will edit the first post tomorrow to contain a table of contents :D
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route
Taibhse

Post by Taibhse »

This is an absolutely amazing story, :D :D
Hanako, Why do you insist on giving me so many Feels? I'm looking at you too Miki, you also share the blame.
Numb

Re: Blossom - Chapter Four: Cityscape [Part Two]

Post by Numb »

I said I was fighting the curse, so I spent the last hour typing this chapter up despite my arm. This will not be the death of me! :twisted:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been nearly ten minutes since either of us spoke. I feel like I should say something, but the way Miki is right now makes it difficult to know what to do. I could try to change the subject, even if it died when the silence came, but how can I play this off like it’s nothing?

The sound of mindless chatter drifts over from the table opposite ours. Sat at the table are foreigners, and despite not understanding what they are saying, I get the feeling it is about us. We must seem incredibly strange right now, a couple of teenagers in complete silence, one without a hand? I certainly wouldn’t have ignored us six months ago.

Come on, I have to say something, to clear my head of these weird thoughts if nothing else. I put down my coffee and reach over to grab some of Miki’s cake, and it draws the reaction I wanted.

“Hey! Get your own damn cake, Hisao!” She bats my hand away with her fork, and I laugh. I got the reaction I wanted, now for stage two of my master plan. I reach for it again.

“Dammit Hisao! Get your own!” She is laughing now, and is attempting to hold me back with her bandaged wrist while she rushes the rest of the cake into her mouth.

“Hi hi~! Looks like you two are having fun~!”

Perfect timing Misha! Now to kill it!

“Yeah, Miki just stole some of my delicious cake!”

“Oh screw you Hisao!” She can hardly breathe through the cake in her mouth and her constant laughter now. Misha looks like she is about to join in with the laughter, but a waitress comes to our table before she has the chance.

“I’m sorry, but you are causing a disturbance. I’m going to have to ask you to leave, a few customers have been complaining.”

What? We have only been laughing for- Has it been five minutes already? Well, Misha is here, but I assumed she got here early. It’s too late to apologise now, we have been asked to leave. We should probably head back to Yamaku anyway, we have done enough shopping for one day.

I grab my shoes from under the table and nod to Miki, who promptly stuffs the last chunk of cake into her already full mouth. I apologise to the waitress and we take our leave, rounding the corner before laughing as a group.

“Wahahaha~! So~, did you two have fun on your date~?”

Date? Was that a… I guess it was a date. I turn to Miki, and she looks just as conflicted as I imagine I do. Neither of us really knows what to say, we know Misha is teasing, but… Was this really a date?

“Uh… It was nice. We had fun I guess.”

Wait, that wasn’t me. Did Miki just… She agrees with me? I mean, we had fun, and we definitely learned more about each other, but we are just friends.

“Wahahaha~! Hicchan~?”

Yes. Yes, I had fun. Say it Hisao.

“Yeah, wouldn’t mind doing it again.”

It came out. It came out in a prepubescent squeak, but it came out. The girls both look at each other, then back to me before laughter explodes from their mouths. I join them, I discovered this stops the laughter faster. If they can’t laugh at my expense, I am pretty invincible.

“Well, we should head back to Yamaku. Classes finished about an hour ago, and I should really take my pills. I forgot to take them after visiting the nurse.”

The girls promptly nod and almost drag me to the bus station. I pull away from them, I can walk independantly, and Misha sets a brisk pace. I can’t really keep up without feeling tired, but Miki hangs back with me. She leans in to my shoulder slightly.

“Thanks Hisao. For today I mean, I had fun.”

I switch the light on for the third time tonight. Midnight. I can’t sleep. Miki’s words echo in my head, but I don’t know what to make of them. She said she had fun today, but does she want to do it again like I do?

Do I like Miki? I mean, of course I like her, she is my friend. But do I want more than that? What we have now is fun, and it works, but what if it could be more than this? Argh! I don’t know what to think anymore! I stand up and look for something to do, something to take my mind off things. Nothing.

I pull on some clothes and grab my keys. Time for a walk. I turn off my light and make sure the door is locked before heading out of the dorms. This is probably against the rules, but I don’t care. I need to do something. I can’t shake these thoughts of Miki.

The grounds are barely lit, small circular havens of light are the only indication of existence. The occaisional beam of light from the night patrol is visible, but they never pass over me. I make my way to the track, if I am going to walk, I might as well walk around that.

On my first turning, I notice somebody leaving the track teams storage shed. Surely they weren’t running at this hour? Damn, now I need to know what they were doing, or it will eat at me worse than my confusion about Miki. I cut across the middle of the track, upgrading my pace from a walk to a jog.

I don’t even make it to the other side of the track before running out of breath and stopping. Damn, I’m really out of shape. Those runs with Miki couldn’t have come any sooner, I need them more than I ever thought I would. The shed door opens, and I see another person start to leave. They seem to have noticed me too, as they are running over to make sure I am alright.

I hold up a hand in an attempt to signal them, I really am fine, but I end up touching something instead. I look up, and notice my hand is on the chest of a tall student. How is it possible for somebody to move that quickly?

“Dude, you alright? You look like you’re about to keel over on me.”

His voice is gruff, but it isn’t aggressive. I wheeze an answer, but even I can tell it is unintelligible. He stands me up and looks at me, his stare similar to that of Shizune’s. Piercing and analytical, yet it lacks the coldness I see in her. His eyes are warm, they are kind.

“Come on man, walk with me. When you feel like you can talk, tell me why the hell you’re out here, alright?”

I nod, and he leads me back on to the track. I put my hands behind my head, Emi said it helps cool down faster or something, right? Yeah, this works. I stay quiet for a bit, I still need to catch my breath completely, but whoever this is doesn’t mind.

I get a good look at him for the first time. He’s tall, and quite muscular too. I imagine he is quite serious about his health if he was out running at this hour. His hair is something else though, short cropped on top with a small ponytail hanging from his neck. A single black streak runs through the otherwise golden locks, running from his left temple to the tip of the tail.

“I couldn’t sleep. Decided to go out for a walk, somehow ended up out here, then I saw somebody leave the shed. Guess curiosity got the better of me, I tried to run over and ended up like that.”

He grins down at me. “You know, if you have trouble sleeping, there are pills for that. I was on them for a while, but I decided I like my little night time adventures. How you liking your first?”

“It’s alright I guess. I can’t really use those pills though, they probably clash with some of my medication. I think this is just a one off though, my mind was just racing tonight.”

“Medication, eh? I always forget there are some people at Yamaku who need to pop pills like you. I have it easy, I’m here for congenital analgesia. It’s pretty cool I guess, people without disabilities sometimes wish they had it, but it’s annoying to deal with sometimes.”

“Congenital analgesia? What’s that?”

“Oh, right, I forget not everyone knows about it. Basically I can’t feel pain or temperature. It’s actually pretty dangerous though, nearly chewed my tongue off when I was a kid. It’s pretty rare too, makes me feel unique.

Not being able to feel pain? I wonder what that would be like? The more I think about it, the more terrible it sounds. If you can’t feel pain, what happens if your organs start to fail? Would you be able to tell and get it fixed?

“I know what you’re thinking. Yeah, I need to get a medical checkup once every two weeks. Just to make sure everything is still working, you know? Anyway, we should probably head back to the dorms. It’s not a good idea to stay out all night, I know from experience.”

I nod, I actually feel like I might be able to sleep before class now. My mind is clear and I still have six hours. We leave the track and make our way back to the dormitories, splitting at the door with nothing more than a goodbye.

I reach my room, and notice light spilling from under Kenji’s door. Whatever it is he’s working on, I don’t want to deal with tonight. I’ll ask him some other time. Maybe. I push my door open and lock it behind me before flopping into bed. Sleep comes quickly.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next
Who is this mysterious figure? As always, feedback and any corrections are welcome, I probably made a few more than usual this time. Damn arm :lol:
Last edited by Numb on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hanako Nakai

Re: Blossom - Chapter Four: Cityscape [Part Two]

Post by Hanako Nakai »

Numb wrote:Who is this mysterious figure? As always, feedback and any corrections are welcome, I probably made a few more than usual this time. Damn arm :lol:
did you just put yourself inside KS? :lol: nice chapter, fairly short, the curse begins, time to break it of course. just relax and keep your own pace, no one's rushing you. and all of us are wanting you to recover soon. but no need to rush writing, your arm might turn un-nerved. :lol:
ImageImage

Am I really that dense?
Mirage_GSM

Re: Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route [Update: 18/09/2013]

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Who is this mysterious figure?
If I had to guess, I'd say it's Kenta.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Numb

Post by Numb »

Hanako Nakai wrote:did you just put yourself inside KS? :lol: nice chapter, fairly short, the curse begins, time to break it of course. just relax and keep your own pace, no one's rushing you. and all of us are wanting you to recover soon. but no need to rush writing, your arm might turn un-nerved. :lol:
I am nothing like this figure, I just couldn't think of a disability to give him which I knew about already, so why not give him my own? This chapter actually felt longer to me while I was writing it, but that might be because it covers a much larger time frame than the previous chapters. It is over my usual 1,500 word average, so maybe the length is all an illusion :shock:
Anyway, thanks for the sympathy for my arm, but really, it's fine. I don't put much strain on it by typing, and the sooner I ween myself from the sling, the quicker I should recover. I can already move it normally again, and I don't even wear it while writing anymore :D
And Mirage... Maybe 8)
Hanako Nakai

Post by Hanako Nakai »

at least i didn't guess by saying..
The mysterious figure must be misha :lol:
ImageImage

Am I really that dense?
Numb

Re: Blossom -Chapter Five: Trinity [Part One]

Post by Numb »

A lot happens in this one, I guess I got a little excited or something. Anyway, enjoy :D

Sunlight pours in from my window. I must have forgotten to close the curtains last night. I check my clock. It’s too damn early, the sun shouldn’t even be up yet! I turn over and shut my eyes, but it’s too late. I’m awake already.

I get out of bed and pull on my uniform before grabbing my books and heading out. I think back to last night, seeing light coming from Kenji’s door. A lot happened yesterday, but at least this one I can research. I knock on his door, and a few seconds later hear the sliding of his many locks.

“Who is it?” He leans in closer to me, and that familiar smell of garlic hangs on his breath again. I push him back.

“It’s me, Hisao.”

“Oh, sup dude?” He adjusts his glasses before closing the door behind him.

“Nothing really, it’s just that I saw light coming from your room last night and-“

“WHAT?!?! Who else was with you?! I can’t have people knowing man, the feminists are everywhere and I’m not-“

“Kenji! Please, let me finish.” He shuts up and frowns, he probably isn’t used to being interrupted, but he gestures for me to go on. “I saw that light, and I was wondering what you were doing.”

“Oh no man, I can’t tell you that. This is some top secret shit right here, and I’m not sure if you’re ready for it. Hell, I don’t know if I can trust you anymore, I know you’ve been hanging out with that Miura chick. Watch out man, she’s a dangerous one.”

Miki? Dangerous? I know this is Kenji, he probably thinks every girl in the school is dangerous, but Miki?

“Dangerous? Explain please, I don’t really understand how she can be dangerous, and I actually know her Kenji.”

He looks hurt by my statement, I didn’t realise he would pick up on the little attack at his knowledge. Come to think of it, this is the first time I have ever disagreed with him. I should do it more often, this is fun.

“Never mind man, she already got you. You’re already gone Hisao, you don’t even realise it yet.” With that he slips back into his room and slams the door. The locks all slide back into place and I am left standing with a sly grin on my face. Damn that was fun.

I stand there for a few seconds, just basking in the moment. I managed to beat Kenji in an argument about girls. I wonder if I will see him again? This might have been enough to get him to leave me to my own business! I feel my grin widen, and begin to head outside. Today is starting out great.

I push open the dormitory doors and the suns warmth smacks me in the face. A few birds fly from a nearby treetop. I head outside and down to the quad, where a few other students are chatting. I see Emi running towards the auxilary building, probably getting back from her run.

That’s right, I have a run today! I don’t think I have ever been this excited about exercise in my life, but Miki will be there to help me. I’m still not sure what happened between us in the city, but it felt right somehow. We are closer now, at least it feels that way. I should talk to her before class about it.

I join the students trickling their way to the cafeteria, it’s been a while since I had breakfast. Emi’s running regime has kept me away from the cafeteria for a while, even on days that I didn’t show up.

To my surprise, I notice Suzu on the way there, and approach her. She notices me before I reach her, so I raise a hand and she waits for me.

“Hey Hisao, you're up early.”

“I could say the same for you, I didn’t expect you to be an early riser.”

She laughs a little bit, obviously seeing the irony in the situation. Or maybe she has heard that before, and it’s just humorous to her now.

“Right you are Hisao… So, how’ve you and Miki been? I noticed you hang around with her a lot nowadays. You didn’t forget about me, did you?” I didn’t think Suzu was capable of teasing, but here it is. She even tried a Miki style wink!

“How could I? You fell asleep on me the first time we met, remember? So, what have you been up to? You’re in the literature club, right?”

“You didn’t answer my question Hisao.” She nods as she says this, telling me she is in the literature club, but pushing the topic aside for later. Now we have to talk about Miki.

“Fine,” I sigh. “Something happened. I’m not sure what to think about it, but she asked me when I had my heart attack, and seemed upset when I told her it was in winter. She said that’s when she had hers too, but theres more than that, isn’t there?”

Suzu inhales deeply before starting to explain.
“Hisao, I don’t really know what it is. Try not to think about it, alright? Look at it this way, you’ve known Miki for a week now, right? She only told me when she had her accident after a few months. She likes you Hisao, she just doesn’t know why yet.”

She doesn’t know why she likes me… I try to wrap my mind around the idea, but it doesn’t make any sense to me. If she likes me, then why hasn’t she said anything? Why hasn’t she- Wait. She told me when she had her accident, but waited to tell Suzu?

“What do you mean? Wouldn’t she tell me if she liked me?”

Suzu just shakes her head in reply, and sighs.
“Miki is stubborn Hisao. She won’t say anything until she knows exactly how she feels. Give her time to figure it out, don’t try to force an answer out of her. Why are you asking me this anyway, do you like Miki or something?

I start to stammer a reply, but she holds up a finger.

“Don’t worry Hisao, I can tell. I won’t tell anyone, you can trust me. Don’t say anything to Misha though, she isn’t the best at keeping secrets.”

I chuckle a little at this. Misha can be good at keeping secrets if she thinks they are important, but Suzu doesn’t know this. She just laughs with me, probably thinking I found it funny for the same reasons she said it. We spend the rest of the walk to the cafeteria exchanging small talk and catching up on the events of the past few days.

Suzu and I split off, she goes to find us a table and I head to the serving station to get our breakfast. I grab some trays at random and turn to see Suzu waving me over. She is sat with Shizune and Misha, two people I didn’t expect to see outside of class today. I make my way over, careful not to drop the trays, and take my place next to Misha.

Across from us are Shizune and Suzu, and I notice for the first time how similar the two look. Their hair is almost identical, Suzu’s just a tone lighter than Shizune’s. It’s almost like Shizune is her older, more alert sister.

“…”

Shizune’s hands move quickly through the air, almost causing her to hit Suzu in the face.

“Good morning Hicchan~, Good morning Suki~! Shicchan says hello too~!”

I slide Suzu’s tray over to her and nod to Shizune. I don’t need Misha to translate that, at least I don’t think so. She seems to understand, and proceeds to eat her breakfast. I turn to Misha, who is currently elbow deep in her own meal. Suzu doesn’t have anything else to say, so we eat in silence until it is time to leave.

The walk to class is lively, Shizune and Suzu are engaged in a conversation about literature, using Misha as a bridge of communication. It looks like a hard job, signing everything one person says while saying what the other signs. I try to understand the conversation, but Suzu is spewing all kinds of incredibly complex words that I don’t understand. Some of them don’t even sound Japanese!

I tune out of their conversation and my thoughts drift back to Miki. I can’t help but feel confused right now. Suzu told me to wait, but I like Miki. How does she expect me to wait to find out if she likes me or not? A loud snap wrenches me back to reality, and I realise we are right outside of the classroom.

Shizune waves her hand in front of my face, causing the girls behind her to giggle.

“Yeah, I’m with you. Come on, I wasn’t spacing out for that long, was I?” Was I? Misha translates what I said to Shizune, and I am quickly told that I really was after she covers her mouth and shakes. A mute laugh is a strange thing.

We enter the classroom, and Mutou follows soon after as class begins for the day. I glance at Miki’s desk, but she isn’t there. Did something happen to her this morning? No, that can’t be it, Suzu would have said something. Hopefully she shows up to the run later.

“Nakai?” Mutou points to an equation on the board. It’s fairly complex looking, but simplifying it down is easy, and I answer correctly. “Very good! Now, as we know, particles…”

I tune out again. I can’t concentrate now, Miki is missing and I don’t know why. Why isn’t she here?

The school day ends, and still no sign of Miki anywhere. She didn’t show up to lunch, and she wasn’t in any classes. I head back to my room to change, maybe she will show up at the track. Today is the first day of our new regime, and if the trainee shows up to no trainer, we aren’t off to a great start.

As I make my way across the grassy expanse between the main building and the dormitories, I notice Kenji lying down in the shade of a tree with some binoculars. I don’t want to know anything about this, but he seems to have spotted me and is now scurrying to cover. No Hisao. You have an appointment, you don’t have time to mess with him.

I ignore his antics, with great difficulty, and pick up the pace as I draw close to my destination. The sound of footsteps behind me is getting louder, but I don’t dare turn to face Kenji. I don’t have time to-

“Hey Hisao. You ready for our run?” Miki? I turn to face the voice, and it is indeed her. She is dressed in full gear, wearing some black, tight fitting running shorts and a shirt identical to the one Emi wore. It must be the school’s sports uniform.

“On my way to my room to change now. Where were you today?”

“I was training. I thought I told you, I got a permit to practise for the track meet, so I won’t be in class for a few days.”

I don’t think she told me that, I would probably remember if she had. I shake my head and shrug at her, and we continue to the dorms together. I lead her up to my room, but before I can stop her from entering, she pushes past. Her eyes scan the bleak space before her before coming to rest on my nightstand. My pills.

“Woah… You need to take all of these? I mean, I knew you had medication, but…” I place my hand on her shoulder and she tears her gaze away from my array of bottles. She looks genuinely concerned for my health, but it isn’t the pity I had grown used to in hospital. This is different.

“Yeah… Twice a day, but they aren’t as important as the runs. You can stay here, I’ll go change in the bathroom or something.” I leave her standing there and grab my old soccer clothes before heading down the hall to change. Should I have told her about my pills before? I make sure to lock the door, I don’t want another interruption from Kenji, and begin changing.

A knock at the door causes me to jump, and I almost trip over my uniform, now on a heap on the floor.

“Hisao, hurry up in there! We’re going to be late if you don’t move it!” It’s Miki. She sounds happy again. I quickly pull my shorts on and gather my discarded clothes up before opening the door. I don’t even have time to respond before Miki grabs me and drags me to my door again. I ditch the clothes on my bed and am quickly dragged away again. Time to run.

Next
Feedback and stuff welcome as always. I'll be going back to work on this now :lol:
Last edited by Numb on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hanako Nakai

Re: Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route [Update: 21/09/2013]

Post by Hanako Nakai »

“Hey Hisao, your up early.”
*You're
that's all my brain can process right now, just got home from a wedding ceremony -_-
ImageImage

Am I really that dense?