Goatman Tales: Goatie goes to ( ? )

WORDS WORDS WORDS

TheGoatman

Goatman Tales: Goatie goes to ( ? )

Post by TheGoatman »

Removed. Will repost when story is completely finished.
Last edited by TheGoatman on Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
I'm just a rusty old goat and a poor writer by anyone's standards, so no need to take my advice to heart, and when you do, take a handful of salt with it.
AntonSlavik020

Re: Goatman Tales! Poor mail handling!

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

For not having played their routes, I think you did a pretty good job keeping them in character. Interesting start, I'll be following this.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Any reason you didn't read Lilly's and Hanako's routes? I'd say they're pretty good reading material. It's kinda difficult to point things out that seem to clash with the way the VN handles them. Other than the fact Hanako's birthday is on the 10th and Akira's probably 30 years too young to be a CFO. :)
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
TheGoatman

Post by TheGoatman »

Guest Poster wrote:Any reason you didn't read Lilly's and Hanako's routes? I'd say they're pretty good reading material. It's kinda difficult to point things out that seem to clash with the way the VN handles them. Other than the fact Hanako's birthday is on the 10th and Akira's probably 30 years too young to be a CFO. :)
I don't play KS that often, when I get time I generally go through my hobbies, I honestly avoid playing KS when I can do something else, because I want to stretch it as much as possible for offline / travel use. At the moment I have cleared Rin and Shizune's route, going to do Lilly's next because she looks like the most appealing character to me.

I try to make them seem accurate from what I've read in fan fics, but I really need to go through their routes to be certain, for details like their birthday I used the KS Wiki, Hanako's is July 18th?, the Wiki could be wrong but it's all I have to go by. I'm going with the "summer break from late July to early September" in Japan.

I was hoping that Akira, who's about 28 at the moment, with her business expertise and family connections, could pass as a CAO, there isn't much to go on with her so I'm improvising, although I keep mentally seeing her as the Akira from Thanatos02's route fan fic.

I have the meat of the plot already planned out, just need to plot out the transition between here and there. I'll keep you posted.
I'm just a rusty old goat and a poor writer by anyone's standards, so no need to take my advice to heart, and when you do, take a handful of salt with it.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Actually, even that Wiki mentions it's the 10th...although it also mentions Hanako turns 18 on that day. Seems like you switched the numbers around.

I suggest using the routes themselves as guideline rather than fanfiction since many fanfics are mere interpretations of the characters and they can vary a lot. An interpretation of an interpretation puts you at risk of creating out of character moments. It also makes it difficult for people to give you advice when something you write clashes with canon, since you can't quickly look it up to check.

As for Akira...you're free to ignore this at your own discretion since even Akira herself being a lawyer is stretching things a bit, but the way corporate culture works in Japan is that promotion is often based on 1 pint of merit and 5 pints of seniority. That means even company heirs who'll be CEO one day start at the bottom of the ladder and get promoted every 5 years or so until, after a few decades, they're at the top. Women are kind of expected to get married and stop working before they're even half-way there and as a result the corporate cream of the crop in Japan consists 99.999999999% of old men in their fifties, sixties or seventies. Young or female executives wouldn't be taken seriously in that environment although that is very, very slowly changing. High-ranking female executives of foreign companies are viewed as foreigners first and as females second, so they're judged by different standards. Anyway, feel free to dismiss this. It's only fiction after all, but since you asked, I figured I'd explain.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.