Summer By The Sea [A sorta-sequel to Weekend at Hisao's]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

YZQ

Re: Summer By The Sea [A sorta-sequel to Weekend at Hisao's]

Post by YZQ »

Timeline-wise, this is in the middle. Weekend's had the finale when they got married after graduation. By then, Shizune had grown out her hair, Jigoro could sign, and Hideaki is sweeping girls off their feet.

But for now, let's just see how the in-laws are going to get along.

For once, Jigoro may be onto something. Shizune is indeed a bit crazed up to forget that in Japan (or many cultures for that matter), when you marry someone, it's bringing two families together. Better see if the folks got along well together, and sort it out if they don't, seeing that you are marrying (and devouring) this chap.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Shail

Post by Shail »

If we're on the subject of who doesn't get enough love, I'd have to say Rin is doing the poorest in that area. Kenji and Akira could do with some more love, but they both have at least one substantial fanfic about them, however I have yet to find a fanfic that focused on Rin(or Hisao/Rin) other than a few one shots(half of which were "erotic" in intent) I know Rin is a pain to write about but still. Rin Kenji and Akira are probably the most challenging characters(imo) to write about in that order. Speaking of which, I have yet to run across a fanfic where any of those 3 meet. I would imagine a conversation between the 3 of them to be a nightmare to write, but a pleasure to read o3o *drooling* maybe when I suck a bit less at writing those characters, I'll give it a shot.
~I hate endings~ Fan fiction is the only way to keep KS alive!
~The only good ending is a sequel~
~Want to know why I REALLY fucking hate endings? Mirai Nikki Want to know why I love epilogues? Watch the Mirai Nikki OVA
~Mirai Nikki: A perfect example of endings I hate~
Hanako -> Rin -> Shizune -> ? -> ?
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Pretty much spot on for Rin and Kenji. For Akira, I personally think that she is easier to characterise: loves her sister, not so much for her folks, stuck in a job she thinks is boring (but pays well), and her alcohol. Oh, and sharp suits too.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

You haven't been looking very hard for Rin fics. Direction fits all the criteria you've stated. Your point still stands, seeing as it's the only substantial fic that comes to mind, but give credit where it's due.

I like to imagine that I haven't had much trouble writing Kenji or Akira. Kenji comes so easily that it kind of scares me. I'd say the character that's been hardest to write has actually been Yuuko.

Anyway, we've been drifting rather off topic, so I recommend we try to keep any future discussion more or less (with an emphasis on more) related to the story at hand.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
MisterG

Post by MisterG »

I would say the same goes for Emi as well.

In popularity, the girls who have the most number of fics about them are Lilly, Hanako, and Shizune, with Emi and Rin trailing far behind.
ewx

Post by ewx »

I really enjoy these Shizune fics, and I especially enjoyed Weekend at Hisao's.

I like your portrayal of Shizune. From reading the VN, this seems to be well within the character instead of writing her as some ice queen dominatrix bitch.

On a semi-unrelated note, can someone explain the 'Miki route curse' I keep hearing about?
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

ewx wrote:On a semi-unrelated note, can someone explain the 'Miki route curse' I keep hearing about?
More than one writer has attempted to write a Miki route. None of them have been completed. All but one of them (I believe; I'm a little behind on reading the fanfic forum) are dead.

That said, I remember a one-shot which showed the beginning of their relationship after graduation and a short multipart story which dealt with them in college which were both enjoyable.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

griffon8 wrote:
ewx wrote:On a semi-unrelated note, can someone explain the 'Miki route curse' I keep hearing about?
More than one writer has attempted to write a Miki route. None of them have been completed. All but one of them (I believe; I'm a little behind on reading the fanfic forum) are dead.
...and I'm not sure about that last one. It's been over two months since the last update and over one month since the auhtor last logged in.

There IS a completed Emi X Miki one-shot here, though, as well as one about Misha X Miki.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
griffon8 wrote:
...and I'm not sure about that last one. It's been over two months since the last update and over one month since the auhtor last logged in.

There IS a completed Emi X Miki one-shot here, though, as well as one about Misha X Miki.
I'm also writing (shameless plug, shut up) a Miki X Emi fic. It's not that it's unfinished. Writer's block and procrastination are fucking with that one :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
motokid108

Post by motokid108 »

NO! cliffhanger. I was hoping to read a full story, but i come to this unfinished story :( I look forward to the end of this story. And i do hope you add a side story of smut. I loved the one you put in weekend at Hisao's. Keep up the good work man. Love your work
Hanako≥Shizune>Lily>Natsume>Miki>Yuuko>Emi

ImageImage
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

This one is on my reading list, though I haven't actually cracked it open yet. However, I saw something while browsing the forums earlier that I thought was funny. The image came back bigger than intended, but if you right click and 'view image', then look to the far right, you'll see what I mean.
motokid108

Post by motokid108 »

Helbereth wrote:This one is on my reading list, though I haven't actually cracked it open yet. However, I saw something while browsing the forums earlier that I thought was funny. The image came back bigger than intended, but if you right click and 'view image', then look to the far right, you'll see what I mean.

I fail to see it. I am not a clever man
Hanako≥Shizune>Lily>Natsume>Miki>Yuuko>Emi

ImageImage
inthewind

Post by inthewind »

It's an elite story, you see.

Also, all these 'there's a new post!' dings for this exchange are killing me, Smalls.
Mournful3ch0

Post by Mournful3ch0 »

motokid108 wrote:
Helbereth wrote:This one is on my reading list, though I haven't actually cracked it open yet. However, I saw something while browsing the forums earlier that I thought was funny. The image came back bigger than intended, but if you right click and 'view image', then look to the far right, you'll see what I mean.

I fail to see it. I am not a clever man
Under 'views', the number is 1337. leet. Elite. It's leetspeak, bro.
Image "Forsooth, that line was feeble." - Courtesy of Mirage_GSM
Image "It occurs to me that maybe I’m an idiot." - Thanks to Jaspirian
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

I'm still working on the next installment. . . (I had to make an unexpected move from a house to an apartment) but how the hell are there three pages of comments on one short section?