Developments (Post-Lilly NE) [Complete, 2015-08-11]

WORDS WORDS WORDS
NelNinja

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly NE) [Complete, 2015-08-11]

Post by NelNinja » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:33 pm

I smile earnestly at my companion. "In that case, I believe you've spotted our quarry, Miss Iwakuma."
Developments Chapter 36, Hanako's last name is Ikezawa. I'm like 4 years late, but it greatly confused me.

I'm loving this story, the developments (haha, nailed it) are bringing up a lot of introspection about myself and my view on Lilly's route. Lots of good thoughts, lots of frustrating memories...

Can't wait to catch-up and finish this!
I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing
Character Impressions:
Misha>Emi=Hanako=Lilly=Shizune=Rin
I wrote things!
The Sound of Silence - Shizune one-shot
Pilgrimage - A Subversion of Fate - Hisao sans heart attack (On-going)

dewelar

Post by dewelar » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:16 pm

Welcome to Developments :D !
NelNinja wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:33 pm
I smile earnestly at my companion. "In that case, I believe you've spotted our quarry, Miss Iwakuma."
Developments Chapter 36, Hanako's last name is Ikezawa. I'm like 4 years late, but it greatly confused me.
*looks at chapter*

Ah, I see. Lilly isn't referring to Hanako there, but calling the airport staff member guiding her by name. Too similar, maybe?
I'm loving this story, the developments (haha, nailed it) are bringing up a lot of introspection about myself and my view on Lilly's route. Lots of good thoughts, lots of frustrating memories...

Can't wait to catch-up and finish this!
Thanks very much! I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts on the whole story!
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!

NelNinja

Post by NelNinja » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:33 pm

Done! I can officially say this is among the best of the fics I've read on the site, though I've only read about 20 on here so take that as you may. I'm quite happy that Emi ended up being the girl he ends up with since I felt that, with how the story was going, it would have been all the wrong reasons for a Hisako relationship to happen. I'm not sure I would have been able to hold myself back like Hisao did after his mother talked about Emi that way. He's a better man than me.

I'm also happy to see Shizune's mother here as I always wondered where she was in the man KS canon. Everything just makes sense in this story and the characters progressed very in-character. I'm bad at wordifying how I feel, so I'll stop word vomiting and just say I very much enjoyed this!

Onto Sisterhood for me, I guess, since Hanako is among 'best girl' for me (Emi being the other, I was very torn at the beginning). Down the rabbit hole I go of Hanako fics. Wish me luck!
I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing
Character Impressions:
Misha>Emi=Hanako=Lilly=Shizune=Rin
I wrote things!
The Sound of Silence - Shizune one-shot
Pilgrimage - A Subversion of Fate - Hisao sans heart attack (On-going)

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:59 pm

NelNinja wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:33 pm
Onto Sisterhood for me, I guess, ...
Good luck and see you around Christmas :-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

dewelar

Post by dewelar » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:12 pm

NelNinja wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:33 pm
Done! I can officially say this is among the best of the fics I've read on the site, though I've only read about 20 on here so take that as you may.
I will gladly take it as a compliment. There are a fair few excellent stories here.
I'm not sure I would have been able to hold myself back like Hisao did after his mother talked about Emi that way. He's a better man than me.
*nods* The way he reacted is meant to show both that he is a product of a somewhat old-fashioned Japanese upbringing, and that he is starting to emerge from it to the point where he can express a touch of defiance. He's grown a bit, our Hisao.
I'm also happy to see Shizune's mother here as I always wondered where she was in the man KS canon.
Prior to this story, the accepted fanon was that she was dead. I'm arrogant enough to think I may have pushed that back a tad :) .
Everything just makes sense in this story and the characters progressed very in-character.
This is a thing that I will never tire of hearing. Thank you!
Onto Sisterhood for me, I guess, since Hanako is among 'best girl' for me (Emi being the other, I was very torn at the beginning). Down the rabbit hole I go of Hanako fics. Wish me luck!
As I've mentioned, the original version of Sisterhood was one of my inspirations to write Developments and probably one of my 4-5 all-time favorite KS fanfics. The "Director's Cut" version is still an excellent work, but a good deal longer, and...well, I have opinions, which can be found elsewhere ;-) . I do think it still qualifies as the quintessential Hanako fic, though, so enjoy!
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!