Developments (Post-Lilly NE) [Complete, 2015-08-11]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

bhtooefr

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Bad End) [Ch 25 up 11/15]

Post by bhtooefr »

I mean, seriously, damn.

I'm actually not sure where to begin commenting, other than to call you a magnificent bastard, dewelar.

And Akira is a stone cold badass. Talk about an armor-piercing question there.

I think I'll avoid speculating on where this is going to go, other than to say that it looks like an Emi ending has been ruled out? (Unless Hisao goes massively OOC. Or I'm missing something obvious.)
Last edited by bhtooefr on Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
sanduba

Post by sanduba »

Given this reaction I should read it soon XD
Best story:
Hanako > Rin > Lilly > Emi > Shizune

best girl:
Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Rin

Eh, that's my opinion.
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Could we be seeing the beginnings of a Emi/Hanako vs Lilly/(maybe)Shizune Battle Royale for the heart of Hisao? Stay tuned...

EDIT: On a more serious note, if Lilly does return to Japan, I hope it doesn't backfire on her. (Remember Hanako's bad end?)
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

bhtooefr wrote:I'm actually not sure where to begin commenting, other than to call you a magnificent bastard, dewelar.
First time I've ever been called that. Hmmm...I think I like it :D .
bhtooefr wrote:I think I'll avoid speculating on where this is going to go, other than to say that it looks like an Emi ending has been ruled out? (Unless Hisao goes massively OOC. Or I'm missing something obvious.)
Ever since Hanako's confession, I've been trying to figure out how I feel about them both before she leaves, but...it's not something that can be figured like that.
Key phrase in bold :) . What is it that you see that would move Hisao into OOC-ness?
Last edited by dewelar on Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

dewelar wrote:"Apparently, there have been some...interesting developments in the week since I left Yamaku."
Hey, that's the name of the show!
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, if Lilly really does return, I wouldn't put it past Hisao to be beta enough to go back to her...
I'd be really disappointed if you chose that path, though. All the conflict with Emi and Hanako you've built up so far would just fizzle and be for nothing^^°

I don't really see why an Emi ending should have been ruled out. Hisao has made it pretty clear that he has not decided one way or the other yet.

Personally, I'm still rooting for Emi - not just because she's my favourite girl, but also because there are a lot fewer stories featuring her than either Hanako or Lilly and a few other reasons I won't mention here, because I don't want to start an argument. ;-)

Just out of curiosity: Do you already have the ending planned out?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Personally, I'm still rooting for Emi - not just because she's my favourite girl, but also because there are a lot fewer stories featuring her than either Hanako or Lilly and a few other reasons I won't mention here, because I don't want to start an argument. ;-)
*laughs*
Just out of curiosity: Do you already have the ending planned out?
Loosely, yes. I have a few later scenes already written. That said, what I've written thus far has already diverged pretty wildly from my original outline, for whatever that's worth.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Hrm, I'm not sure why I said it'd be OOC. I wrote up my reasoning, but then didn't post it to avoid speculating too much. He could do it, but it does feel a bit dick moveish, like twisting the knife in both Lilly and Hanako, knowing full well what's happened with both of them. But, really, that might just indicate where my biases lie (even though I prefer Emi over Lilly).

Honestly, I think I see Hisao x Hanako being the primary thing being foreshadowed, although with a possibility of a Hanako bad end for Lilly if she tries to force Hisao x Hanako too hard (she KNOWS that Lilly would be martyring herself, and would resent it most likely), as Oscar pointed out.

As far as crack endings:

There's a funny/massively dickish ending in there, at this point - that is, the "dem bitches all be cray cray" Kenji ending.

Also, if he goes back to Lilly, maybe an Emi x Hanako ending? Comfort each other over not being able to get Hisao. (NOT requesting it, and noting that it's a crack ending, but just remarking that the story could allow for it at this point.)

Edit: On a rereading... now I'm almost wondering if the Hanako ending has been ruled out. Hell if I know. Yeah, this could still go every which way.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

I'm also thinking another -- but far less likely -- bad end path would be if Lilly were to come back and try to restart a relationship with Hisao.

Hanako, with her history with friends betraying her, might react ... negatively ... if Lilly were to return to Japan with romance on the brain. (Consider, it was Lilly that pushed for Hanako to pursue a relationship to start with.) Toss in an equally upset Emi, and you have a recipe for a disaster.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Endofone

Post by Endofone »

My heart is strung with so many feelings right now. I can't really see any ending that does not end up hurting another person. D= This last chapter with Lilly just made me ache. And now there's a possibility for her to come back (I know there always was but, it has now been stated). Oh jeez. If she does hopefully it doesn't shit storm on her. I really do hate endings that leave some people unhappy. If Hisao goes with any one of these girls, he'll hurt the others.

Mmmm... Grumble... Grumble...
Maradar

Post by Maradar »

I have zero ideas as to how this is going to pan out, and I really don't want to wait for you to finish writing to read it all. Also I think that perhaps some more description or other such things when it comes to Lilly would be beneficial, but I really don't know. Keep up the great work! :D

I have a minor arrhythmia and a couple of other heart conditions. Small world.
Also I love these forums.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Maradar wrote:I have zero ideas as to how this is going to pan out, and I really don't want to wait for you to finish writing to read it all. Also I think that perhaps some more description or other such things when it comes to Lilly would be beneficial, but I really don't know. Keep up the great work! :D
Thanks.

Yes, Blasphemy mentioned my lack of description a few chapters back. I'm just not sure how to go about it. In this chapter, of course, there's no way to have visual descriptions, so I tried to do a little more with sound / touch / smell. Obviously, it's something I still need to work on :oops:.
cake307

Post by cake307 »

So after I finished the minor spaz attack this chapter gave me (thanks a lot .-.) I reread it and GAH! You're not a magnificent bastard, you're just evil. D: I'd finally put away "Lilly comes back and attempts to repair the relationship" as an option and now THERE IT IS AGAIN. Though my slightly sarcastic possible Shizune plan is becoming more likely with every passing chapter. But yeah, still pulling for an Emi win, because even though I'd love to have Hisao and Lilly back together it would feel a little cheap unless done just right, and I like Emi more than Hanako in general. I've been trying to think of a painless ending that isn't some form of harem and the best I can do is everybody is in equal pain b/c Hisao dies.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

cake307 wrote:You're not a magnificent bastard, you're just evil.
I can accept that, too :) .
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

but it does feel a bit dick moveish, like twisting the knife in both Lilly and Hanako, knowing full well what's happened with both of them
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "What's happened with both of them."
Are you saying that it would be dickish not to decide on Hanako because she had such a traumatic past or because she seems to be more emotionally vulnerable? Deciding on her because of pity is the worst thing he could do, and we all know how White Knighting worked out in the VN.
Don't know how this could apply to Lilly...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.